• Jamal
    Was it not possible to go for a 'suspension style' cooling off period?universeness

It was possible, but that’s not what I chose to do. What I saw of his posts did not make me think a suspension would be the better choice.
  • universeness

Would you consider a more democratic system of deciding SOME CASES of who gets banned?
    For example, If your membership has survived a 1 year probation, then you gain a right to appeal a ban and it's gets put to the vote of all current members who have been members for at least 1 year and who post at least (say) 4 times a month?
    Do you prefer the current monarchistic (Jamal) and the aristos (we arra mods! we arra mods! we are, we are, we arra mods!), approach?
    Don't worry, I am not trying to start a TPF revolution from my keyboard, :scream: I am only asking! :halo:
  • Jamal
    democraticuniverseness

:down:

monarchisticuniverseness

:up:
  • Mikie
    An easy decision. An adolescent style of rigidity and dogmatism. Thought everything fit nicely into a flowchart. Constantly uncharitable, frequently insulting.
  • frank
    An adolescent style of rigidity and dogmatism. Thought everything fit nicely into a flowchart. Constantly uncharitable, frequently insulting.Mikie

:chin:
  • universeness

My apologies your Kingship!
  • praxis
    You got to stop posting pictures of Jordan Peterson, Prax. People will talk.Tom Storm

They have an intimate relationship but are not one and the same, I think.

praxis_Jordan_Peterson_hugging_Kermit_the_frog_c4194918-51b0-42be-a1b5-60d71d1c64e9.jpg
  • T Clark
    An easy decision. An adolescent style of rigidity and dogmatism. Thought everything fit nicely into a flowchart. Constantly uncharitable, frequently insulting.Mikie

I'll let the moderators make the judgements about banning, but I strongly disagree with your judgement about the quality of his philosophy. I think he brought something valuable to the forum. Again - that's not a criticism of this decision.

For the record, you are also often uncharitable and frequently insulting.
  • frank
    What program are you using?
  • unenlightened
    Point of order. There is a distinction without a difference, between a sock-puppet and a glove-puppet. a sock puppet being a glove puppet made from a sock.
  • bert1
    I'll let the moderators make the judgements about banning, but I strongly disagree with your judgement about the quality of his philosophy. I think he brought something valuable to the forum. Again - that's not a criticism of this decision.T Clark

I more or less agree. I found his unpleasantness easy to ignore. But he pretty much asked to be banned in his last post, and he robusty refused moderation.
  • T Clark
    I more or less agree. I found his unpleasantness easy to ignore. But he pretty much asked to be banned in his last post, and he robusty refused moderation.bert1

As I said, I didn't question the decision, but I often found his posts interesting.
  • Banno
    It was Ayn Rand and Wittgenstein who pointed out (I paraphrase) don't attempt anything before your definitions become clear .Nickolasgaspar

That quote alone earns a banning.
  • Jamal
    I banned @invicta for persistently low quality posts even after multiple warnings and a one-week suspension.
  • universeness

No loss at all, as far as I'm concerned. My opinion of him was a particularly low one.
    I normally find some redeeming feature in a poster, but I could not, in his case.
  • javi2541997
    No loss at all, as far as I'm concerned. My opinion of him was a particularly low one.universeness

Ranting on someone who no longer can post here...
    Pretty humble from your side.
  • universeness

What do you mean? I also ranted at him when he was here as a member, especially when he made little sense!
  • T Clark
    Ranting on someone who no longer can post here...
    Pretty humble from your side.
    javi2541997

Thanks Javi. There is a lot of mean spiritedness here and It's good to see you pointing it out.
  • T Clark
    I banned invicta for persistently low quality posts even after multiple warnings and a one-week suspension.Jamal

I appreciate that you have started using the suspension prior to banning in some cases.
  • javi2541997
    Thanks Javi. There is a lot of mean spiritedness here and It's good to see you pointing it out.T Clark

:up:

I also want to use your iconic thumb.

zahqtavu5zgzi8r1.png
  • T Clark
    I also want to use your iconic thumb.javi2541997

It is in the public domain. Actually, it's probably not, but you're welcome to use it.
  • universeness
    Thanks Javi. There is a lot of mean spiritedness here and It's good to see you pointing it out.T Clark

:lol: How mean spirited of both of you!
  • DingoJones

Worse, self righteous.

If you were mean spirited to their face, its really nothing more to be mean spirited here when they get banned.
    Its like not speaking ill of the dead…if the dead was a prick that doesnt change just because people want to pretend they weren’t for a few days.

Ignore the behaviour police, good riddance to a moron.
  • universeness

Absafragginlootly! :up:
  • T Clark
    How mean spirited of both of you!universeness

I guess you don't understand the meaning of the phrase.
  • fdrake
    Gentlemen, don't fight here, this is the war room.
  • T Clark
    Worse, self righteous.DingoJones

Ah, yes. I believe you sang that song before:

Lol, well come on. He NEVER misses an opportunity to express his self righteous condemnation of other posters...DingoJones

Well, geez, I have to be true to my calling.

• frank

I've done a citizen's ban on you, by the way. I talked to you about your behavior and just couldn't get through to you. So, don't whine because I won't be able to hear you and you brought it on yourself. You committed suicide by citizen.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.