• Jamal
    Banned @Bartricks for a consistently disruptive and insulting attitude. Long overdue really.
  • javi2541997
    Banned Bartricks for a consistently disruptive and insulting attitude. Long overdue really.Jamal

I have debated with Bartricks in some threads. I am sorry if my arguments or behaviour were one of the causes of his disruptive attitude.

I have never written in Bannings thread because I understand that every member must respect the rules of the forum, and even after notice him, he keeps the same attitude, is understandable de banning.

Nevertheless, I will miss him because I interacted usually. My feelings are weird...
  • Jamal
    It appeared to me from looking at his posting history that he was unpleasant to nearly everyone, usually without provocation. Whatever caused this behaviour, it wasn’t you.

Incidentally, he had been warned about it twice, once around the time he joined, and again recently.
  • javi2541997

Understandble. I comply the resolution. :up:
  • Metaphysician Undercover

Is banning someone as difficult as firing someone? I guess not, when the person is Bartricks.
  • Jamal
    when the person is BartricksMetaphysician Undercover

Normally I consider the celebration of a ban unseemly, but in this case I encourage it.
  • Pantagruel
    he was unpleasant to nearly everyoneJamal

Nice epitaph.
  • universeness

He was completely nuts! Do you know if he really is a lecturer with REAL human students.
    If he is interacting with real human students :scream:
    distress.jpg
  • Shawn
    I was sure he had a phil degree; but, didn't quite get the whole other stuff.
  • Changeling
    Who the hell's gonna provide the fart-tricks now???
  • Manuel
    He was a massive troll, wow, what a clown.
  • Shawn
    He was one of those Gassadini1 guys.
  • hypericin
    I don't agree with this one, I always thought he was a high quality poster. I guess I missed the dickish stuff?
  • T Clark
    Normally I consider the celebration of a ban unseemly...Jamal

And it is. It reflects badly on those who participate.
  • DingoJones

You’re just lucky they don’t ban for self-righteous
    twat-ness.
    Celebration of the banning of a bad actor like Bartricks reflects badly on no one.
  • Baden
    *Grabs popcorn*
  • frank
    twat-ness.
    DingoJones

I can't believe you said that about Tclark! :fire:
  • Jack Cummins

I wished to engage with Barticks at one stage because I saw that he did have some interesting but unusual ideas. However, what I found was that he insulted me so much, with his sense of superiority, or ignored what I had said. For this reason, even though the forum may be important for diverse viewpoints, I felt more relief than sadness in discovering that he had been banned.
  • T Clark
    twat-ness.
    DingoJones

Hey @Jamal!! Hey @Baden!! DingoJones is being mean to me.
  • T Clark
    I can't believe you said that about Tclark! :fire:frank

I know!! It's terrible!!
  • Shawn

Excitable Richard.
  • Joshs
    Celebration of the banning of a bad actor like Bartricks reflects badly on no one.DingoJones

‘Bad actor’. Big deal, so he was obnoxious. Personally, insults get my competitive juices flowing and seem
    to bring out my best arguments. Maybe we should use a metric like ‘percentage of insults to arguments’ to decide who gets booted, to make sure our delicate sensibilities don’t blind us to whatever substantive contributions are intertwined with a nasty delivery.
  • DingoJones
    I can't believe you said that about Tclark! :fire:frank

Lol, well come on. He NEVER misses an opportunity to express his self righteous condemnation of other posters, especially mods.
  • DingoJones
    ‘Bad actor’. Big deal, so he was obnoxious. Personally, insults get my competitive juices flowing and seem
    to bring out my best arguments. Maybe we should use a metric like ‘percentage of insults to arguments’ to decide who gets booted, to make sure our delicate sensibilities don’t blind us to whatever substantive contributions are intertwined with a nasty delivery.
    Joshs

Obnoxious doesn’t cover his behaviour. The bad acting was also utter lack of engagement bordering on proselytizing, disruptive influence on all discussions he was involved in and completely disingenuine.
    His “interesting” ideas we're all based on the same basic fallacy he couldnt recognize.
    The only reason he lasted as long as he did was because of idiots like you who thought they found a sparring part er rather than a troll with a personality disorder.
  • DingoJones

Whoa whoa whoa champ, when was I mean? You got a problem with being a twat? Kinda sexist. :chin:
  • T Clark
    The only reason he lasted as long as he did was because of idiots like you who thought they found a sparring part er rather than a troll with a personality disorder.DingoJones

[whisper]Hey @Joshs, I don't think DJ likes you.[/whisper]
  • Banno
    I don't agree with this one, I always thought he was a high quality poster.hypericin

:rofl:

He was bloody dreadful. Incapable of taking on any fresh arguments; putting up a pretence of using logic while failing to have even a basic understanding of the formalities; resorting to insults in every reply. Genuine oxygen thief.

...but in this case I encourage it.Jamal

:rofl: :party: :party: :party:

It reflects badly on those who participate.T Clark
    :roll: :rofl: :party: :party: :party:
  • T Clark
    It reflects badly on those who participate.
    — T Clark
    :roll: :rofl: :party: :party: :party:
    Banno

Thank you very much for your support!
  • Baden
    *munch, munch*
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.