• Frank Apisa
    My thread, "To the people who assert "there are no gods"...as been closed.

Why?

It was an appropriate topic for a philosophy forum...and while I set it up in an aggressive manner, the point was to stimulate lots of discussion.

We were all getting along just fine. Nobody was going over-the-top...and it was interesting. People have followed me into other threads to pick up on comments made in it...so there was plenty of interest.

I know the answer is probably going to be a variation of the fall-back, catch-all "low quality"...but holy moly...you folk are getting awfully picky about what is "low quality."

C'mon. We can keep the quality up in the forum without undue censorship.
  • Banno
    @Frank Apisa, the most adamant of agnostics! Certain in his indecision!
  • jorndoe
    , I'm guessing it was due to repetition, but that's just conjecture on my part.
    Maybe if something new and cool was added...? (Or just something different...?)
  • JerseyFlight
    I'm curious what point you were trying to make? What was the purpose of your thread?

Never-mind, I found the thread. My goodness. Fella, you've been watching too much TBN.
  • praxis
    I'm moving this topic to the lounge. There it can thrive in the company of those who claim that there are no unicorns, amongst other baseless assertoins.
  • Hippyhead
    I'm moving this topic to the lounge.praxis

Ah, so you are a mod. Thanks for making this clear to me.
  • Streetlight
    I closed it because it was devoid of argument, unnecessarily personal, and the equivalent of making its point by saying "that's just like, your opinion". It was a model of exactly how not to make a thread. It ought to have been deleted had there not already been a few comments posted in it.
  • Frank Apisa
    StreetlightX
    I closed it because it was devoid of argument, unnecessarily personal, and the equivalent of making its point by saying "that's just like, your opinion". It was a model of exactly how not to make a thread. It ought to have been deleted had there not already been a few comments posted in it.
    StreetlightX

It was a full of "argument" and other considerations as any thread in this forum. It most assuredly was not "unnecessarily personal." In fact, it was not personal at all.

I suspect you are someone who considers him/herself to be an atheist...and attempting to have a reasonable discussion with an atheist on the Internet is like attempting to float through the air without mechanical help.

But, I accept that you have the right to shut down a thread...even if only because you find it threatening.

Okay...I accept that.
  • Hippyhead
    I closed it because it was devoid of argument, unnecessarily personal, and the equivalent of making its point by saying "that's just like, your opinion". It was a model of exactly how not to make a thread. It ought to have been deleted had there not already been a few comments posted in it.StreetlightX

Not arguing this claim one way or another, but saying this instead...

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/9003/leading-by-example
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.