• universeness
    Xtrix posts a poor response to his critics and then the bannings thread gets closed to any responses! :lol:
    Xtrix says he gets angry sometimes, well news flash! So does everyone else. He gets to express his anger but if you are not a mod then you don't! The Monarchs always show their true bias in the end.
    I was shocked to hear Xtrix say he would not miss his critics if they left the forum. :lol:
    It's sad to read the typings of a moderator in full tantrum mode.
  • Banno
    You don't like it, bugger off.

(there I got this in before the mods closed this thread.)
  • Amity
    If it were up to me, I'd ban the Bannings thread :naughty:

Drama queens, the lot of you!
  • Tate
    Either stay and ignore it or drop this forum. Xtrix announced that getting an electric lawnmower was a good way to combat climate change. That's the intellectual level we're talking about here.
  • unenlightened
    Mods are not saints, but ordinary people who do a thankless task for no money by way of supporting a site they love. Nobody likes being criticised, and mods have to not only criticise but edit, warn and remove contributors that spoil things for the rest of us. In the end, the quality of the site depends on the contributors, and the contributors that remain are not always in agreement with the mods, but are at least tolerant of them.

To imagine that mods are power mad, or rampantly authoritarian or fascist is par for the course of anyone who becomes subject to their interventions, It not a fantasy to be encouraged, and so such discussions are cut short, for the mental health of us all.

Personally, if I have a concern about a particular mod, or a particular intervention, I raise it with another mod in private and wait patiently for my wisdom to be recognised. This sort of thread is unseemly, unproductive, and lowers the tone of the site. The concerns have already been expressed in the banning thread, and this is now just bitching about people who work for you for nothing, because they sometimes bitch too.

So just stop.
  • 180 Proof
    Quit your whinging ...

Valar dohaeris, dude. :smirk:
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    This sort of thread is unseemly, unproductive, and lowers the tone of the site.unenlightened

I've got a great idea. Open a new thread to bitch about this thread. Then someone can open another thread to bitch about that thread, on and on, until the whole front page consists of threads bitching about threads, and the mods will have some real work of consolidation. Then the mods can demonstrate the true nature of the age-old metaphysical question of whether an infinite number of things can actually be consolidated into One.
  • Tate
    So just stopunenlightened

Protest is actually a good thing. It means people care. Plus it actually does affect the moderator in question. When light is shed in his direction, his behavior improves.
  • Benkei
    That's demonstrably false. Just look at most governments. :razz:
  • unenlightened
    Yes, that's a really good idea isn't it.

Yes, protest is great. Have your say. That's what the feedback section is for. Use it also maybe occasionally to express support and gratitude; that's what I like to do a bit, when the more tiresome complaints are made.
  • Yohan
    Mods are not saints, but ordinary people who do a thankless task for no money by way of supporting a site they love.unenlightened
    Your love for the mods is heart warming. :heart:
  • praxis
    He gets to express his anger but if you are not a mod then you don't!universeness

The recent banning of StreetlightX should put this rumor to rest.
  • universeness
    You don't like it, bugger offBanno

Right back at you! What a great handle for an aggressive moderator! BANno!
  • javi2541997
    BANno!universeness

Dad jokes :rofl: :eyes:
  • universeness
    Either stay and ignore it or drop this forum.Tate

To paraphrase an old song. 'Never promised you a rose garden, along with the sunshine, there has to be a little rain sometimes.'
  • universeness
    Dad jokes :rofl: :eyes:javi2541997

Thank you my son!
  • universeness
    Drama queens, the lot of you!Amity

Typed in full drama mode? Are you dressed accordingly?
  • universeness
    Mods are not saintsunenlightened

Neither are saints. They will never and have never went marchin in.
    Saint is one of the most ridiculous titles ever invented imo. Probably a separate thread.

Personally, if I have a concern about a particular mod, or a particular intervention, I raise it with another mod in private and wait patiently for my wisdom to be recognised.unenlightened
    Do you think you are the only one who has tried this route?

I dont refute the value of site moderators, I am just participating in the right to reply or feedback on certain moderator behaviour, just like they comment and act on certain member behaviour.
    I had clicked on the 'feedback' category before writing and posting this thread. I was surprised to see it appear in the main page of the forum. I must have neglected to choose some option or other. I am fine with it being moved to the feedback category if that would be preferred.
  • universeness
    Quit your whinging ...180 Proof

Don't be such a carpet! We don't all fold like paper when we think there is imbalance and the treatment of others is somewhat asymmetric.

• Amity
    Typed in full drama mode? Are you dressed accordingly?universeness

Of course :rofl:
  • universeness
    That's demonstrably false. Just look at most governments. :razz:Benkei

Have protests never made governments uturn?
    Have protests, civil disobedience, revolution, never brought down governments?
    Were all past protests in history a waste of time and effort in your opinion?
  • universeness
    Of course :rofl:Amity

:lol: :clap: Aw come on, post just one wee pic of you in full dramatic queen/king mode!
    Perhaps you would even give the anti-lifers their first-ever genuine smile! :smile:
  • universeness
    when the more tiresome complaints are made.unenlightened

You complaining about those who complain is equally tiresome!
  • Tate
    That's demonstrably false. Just look at most governments.Benkei

True.
  • unenlightened
    You complaining about those who complain is equally tiresome!universeness

That's why usually when it is the mods I complain about, I do it privately, and when it is other members, I use the report system to complain to the mods. I was an admin at the previous site for some years, and I have about seen all the permutations of overbearing mods and over-sensitive posters. I tried always to be polite in my fascist dictatorship then, but now I can afford to give the inner nagging auntie free rein. It's supposed to be tiresome, and send you to be with no supper.
  • universeness

:lol: , Well, when you put it as pleasantly and fairly as that, it's hard to complain. Perhaps you would make a good moderator here, with the experience you already have. Perhaps your answer, if you were invited would be noooooooooooooo! or been there, done that! moved on!
    After taking early retirement, offers to come back and help out as a supply or substitute teacher when needed have all been refused so far. Thankfully no wife, no kids etc so didn't need the money.
    I loved teaching but I've been there, done that, moved on!
  • unenlightened
    noooooooooooooo!universeness

That's about right!
  • T Clark
    Xtrix posts a poor response to his critics and then the bannings thread gets closed to any responses!universeness

I was angered by Xtrix response on the bannings thread too, but I think Baden or whomever was right to shut that discussion down. I think the thread should be shut down sooner rather than later. It often turns into a ping-pong game of escalating vituperation.

A successful day - I got to use "vituperation" in a response. Say it loud it's like music playing, say it soft and it's almost like praying. Well, I guess not praying.
  • fdrake
    The bannings thread gets closed when the discussion in it ceases to be productive and about bannings. If I was paying attention I probably would have closed it sooner with a similar message to this.

If you have specific points of criticism about @Xtrix or any other mod/admin conduct, please make a thread about it here in feedback.

Closing the bannings thread is a different call (and I believe was done by a different mod) from any criticism you might want to direct toward @Xtrix 's conduct.

I'm closing this one now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.