• S
    :lol:
  • Baden

Only because we're run by the Clintons—as if you didn't know, Bill. :wink:
  • god must be atheist
    Clintons... could they be related to the race Clingons? From StarTrek. If anyone remembers that show. There is a strong resemblance in facial features, especially around the left eye, and the attitude is uncannily similar.

If someone can find a solid reference to this, then I'll start to understand the state the world is in today.
  • DingoJones

THAT got him banned? Not his ceaseless topic spamming and discussion killing soapboxing?
    Islam is the magic word I guess?
  • Baden

That's what I happened to see. Anyhow, glad to hear he was such a popular guy.
  • Shamshir
    Now ban the emoji users.
  • Echarmion
    If only we could ban the sources of such indoctrination just as easily.
  • Jamal
    his ceaseless topic spamming and discussion killing soapboxing?DingoJones

This is why I deleted a lot of his posts.
  • DingoJones

Seemed like all he did was spam, made worse by his anti-discussion attitude. Like that guy who started the moral subjectivity thread. He banned yet?
    I find people prosthetising to be much more intolerable than speaking out against islam as part of some conspiracy theory.
  • S
    I find people prosthetising to be much more intolerable than speaking out against islam as part of some conspiracy theory.DingoJones

Why? All they're doing is helping people by providing them with artificial limbs. Leave 'em alone.
  • DingoJones

:lol:
    Fuck you lol
  • DingoJones
    So what about that bartricks guy? Why hasnt he been banned yet?
  • Shawn
    Hmm, requesting bannings of other members is forbidden. lol
  • Wayfarer
    good call. Definite troll.
  • BC
    prosthetisingDingoJones

Were you aiming for "proselytizing" or "prophesying"?
  • DingoJones

The former, but I didn't the see the error. S pointed it out already lol
  • BC
    Clever S. I didn't get his joke right away.
  • Noble Dust

Didn't you already make that joke?...
  • Changeling

It was typed out in my comment box so I thought I had forgotten to post it...
  • Noble Dust

It also could be deja vu on my part.
  • creativesoul
    He’s more spicy than astringent. In fact, if memory serves, S is short for sriracha, a chili sauce that thinks it can burn but ends up being merely mildly amusing.praxis

:razz:
  • Echarmion
    I find people prosthetising to be much more intolerable than speaking out against islam as part of some conspiracy theory.DingoJones

The question is, why are you focusing on the Islam bit and not on the "secret pedophile ring run by the Clinton's" bit?
  • DingoJones

Because anti-Clinton people are not called bigots, and anti Islamic people are called bigots. People would get banned for the latter, not the former. Since we were talking about banning, naturally I would be focusing on the islam bit.
    Why? I don’t understand what you are trying to imply.
  • Terrapin Station
    The question is, why are you focusing on the Islam bit and not on the "secret pedophile ring run by the Clinton's" bit?Echarmion

What sort of secret is it if A Gnostic Agnostic knows about it?
  • Shamshir
    What sort of secret is it if A Gnostic Agnostic knows about it?Terrapin Station
    The name says it all.
  • Jamal
    I banned @S, formerly Sapientia.

I had deleted several posts in a long-running dispute between him and another member in the Should hate speech be allowed? discussion. The posts were low quality and mostly off-topic, and @S's were often aggressive. After deleting them I posted this to them both, in the discussion:

Take your pointless dispute elsewhere, preferably not on this forum.jamalrob

@S replied with this:

Firstly, fuck you.

And secondly, if you don't want to see discussions like that between me and him, then ban me. You have my permission, not that you need it, and I've just swore at you, so...

I didn't take the decision lightly, particularly because he has been part of this community for a long time. Almost anyone else responding to moderation in that way would have been instantly banned, and we do try to be consistent, but in this case we gave him time to retract. That never happened, so he's gone.

Note also that he had been warned about his behaviour several times before.
  • Shawn
    No comment. As I've been watching him since he joined the old PF his interest in learning turned into some strange contest between interlocutors of some inflated facetious sense of superiority. And, if it didn't go his way he'd try and flame you into oblivion.

If I were to emulate Sapentia right now it would be:

"Haha, he stood no chance against me".

If your reading this S, grow up for fucks sake!
  • Jamal
    If your reading this S, grow up for fucks sake!Wallows

On the plus side, he would not have hesitated to correct this spelling mistake.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.