• Benj96
    Explain so I can understand why you created anything at all (e.g.a universe less perfect than yourself inhabited by creatures less perfect than their universe).180 Proof

Tell me this... would a perfect universe be worth living in. Would we ever understand it to be perfect. Or would it be boring. Nothing to gain for all worthy of being gained has been gained
  • Benj96
    Why are you such a cunt?Tom Storm

Hmm. Perhaps so that you may have the choice not to be? obstacles are meant to be overcome no?
  • Benj96
    Why wouldn't he be?

If we divorce the idea that God is all good, issues about him being an asshole don't arise.
    Manuel

I think the catch here is that a perfect creator is incapable of creating anything imperfect for they would not know what that possibly is. All they have ever known is perfection. It’s like asking “something” to create “ultimate true nothingness”. They couldn’t possibly do that.

I think that if there is a creator they are by default imperfect as there is no reason why existing is definitely better than not existing. But existing seems to be the only way in which one can ascertain this.
  • Tom Storm
    Hmm. Perhaps so that you may have the choice not to be? obstacles are meant to be overcome no?Benj96

Not sure what obstacles you are thinking about but thanks for the advice.
  • Wayfarer
    ‘How can I overcome myself?’
  • Corvus
    Can I time travel?
  • 180 Proof
    This question seems a non sequitur. By "perfect" I only mean god-like; if it's good enough for "god", then by definition such a state of existence necessarily suffices. "Boredom" is not possible in such a state.
  • Manuel

What would perfect human "goodness" look like? We may have a skewed notion of perfection, compared to something like God.

As to things it can't do, paradoxes don't count like the example you mentioned.
  • T Clark
    I find it hard to believe the web has even close to all the answers.Benj96

I didn't say it has all the answers. I said it has answers to almost all the questions I have.
  • deletedmemberrw
    If I may be honest - What were you thinking? How come you fuc*ed up so bad? Are you out of your mind? Why so evil?...are the kind of questions I'd choose from. But what I'd really say to him is just - Fu*k you.
  • Outlander
    is there any point or meaning to it all etc?Benj96

I can imagine a man asking this. And a benevolent being smiling upon him and saying "when one ceases to wonder, one ceases to live" and fades into a passing mist. Or garbage truck.
  • Gus Lamarch
    what would it be?Benj96

Why are you?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Hey! How do you really feel about being plucked from humanity and put in charge of judging every soul that believes in you?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    If I may be honest - What were you thinking? How come you fuc*ed up so bad? Are you out of your mind? Why so evil?...are the kind of questions I'd choose from. But what I'd really say to him is just - Fu*k you.RAW

Or this! :lol:
    I get you. Welcome to The Philosophy Forum :flower:
  • Philofile
    But what I'd really say to him is just - Fu*k youRAW

Ohoooohhhh... This might lead to dangerous offspring...
  • Philofile
    "Can you give me another ride when I'm dead?"
  • SolarWind
    Hypothetically speaking supposing there was an omniscient being - doesn’t have to be (a) god necessarily maybe a hyper intelligent AI or a genie or whatever but you could ask it one question - anything at all, what would it be?Benj96

How many neurons or transistors does your brain work with?
  • TheMadFool
    God, is it over?
  • VerdammtNochMal
    God, is it overTheMadFool

Im sorry... Another compliment! Your question popped up while reading this. Was it God? Anyhow, best question so far! :ok:
  • TheMadFool
    Im sorry... Another compliment! Your question popped up while reading this. Was it God? Anyhow, best question so far!VerdammtNochMal

Go away :smile:
  • Olivier5
    I would ask him whether Mary will gain new knowledge when seeing red for the first time, of COURSE!

;-)
  • Hermeticus
    Dear God, why has Prishon aka Marco not given up on this forum yet?
  • Hermeticus
    Because she still wants to learn some words and dialectical intercourse before finishing her book. This site makes you know people and philosophical talk. A small but substantive part of her book cares about this wonderfull endavour. Besides physics, the brain. economy, biology (Lamarckian style), art, western globalization, cosmology, gods, etc. Eetc. I can tell you! Her question to the god of wisdom would probably be: WHY?LaatseMaal

Marco is a male name, Marco.
  • I love Chom-choms
    Hypothetically speaking supposing there was an omniscient being - doesn’t have to be (a) god necessarily maybe a hyper intelligent AI or a genie or whatever but you could ask it one question - anything at all, what would it be?Benj96

" Explain to me, step-by-step, How can I become a God?"

That is what I would ask. I think the most probable answer is, "You cannot become God." but, I like to hope that I can.

To be eternal, To be so strong that to any normal person I am like a God and to influence people and have them pray to me. That is the God I want to become. I hope it is possible.
  • Jamal
    Jesus said it best: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
  • gikehef947

People would not want to ask Him something, but rather ask Him for something. For most, God is like the genie in Aladdin's lamp, a platinum visa, or an all-you-can-eat buffet.
  • Jack Cummins
    Dear God,
    Please could you tell me to what extent YOUR own philosophy can be described by the language of religion or science?

Thank you,
    Jack
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Dear God,
    Did my Dad make it to Heaven?
    Thank you,
    Tiffers
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Jesus said it best: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?jamalrob

"It's not a question but a lesson learned in time..."
    Green Day - Good Riddance
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.