• Nobeernolife
    Specifically this tweet, and this article.NOS4A2

You do realize that the tweet you mentioned and the subsequent "mainstream" media press coverage is a prime example of fake news? Trump of course NEVER recommended that anyone self-medicates with fish tank desinfectant.... but for the "mainstream" media there is level they are not willing to sink to. Truly the enemy of the people.
  • NOS4A2

I apologize for impugning your motives.
  • praxis

Reduce globalism? And his wall isn’t built yet so the hordes of bad hombres are still invading our country!
  • tim wood
    But of course, if you have consumed 4 years of CNN/NYT etc indoctrination for 4 years, you probably see a different reality.Nobeernolife

The reality I've encountered has nothing to do with CNN/NYT & etc. It is instead his steady stream of vicious, ignorant lying. Or do you forget that his was the largest, best, and greatest inaugural of all time, or that his was the greatest electoral college victory, or that among his first actions was to renege on immigration for thousands of people, even those in transit, in the about the clumsiest and nastiest way possible? Or that he is - perhaps inherited from his father - a racist? Or that he has made a career out of betraying and hurting people? Or that he appears to value loyalty over competence to a degree that harms us all? And on and on and on and on and on and on.

Or that in all your denial you really reveal your own pathology. Try some truth, or are you so far gone that truth is toxic to you?
  • praxis
    Oh right. Obama made healthcare affordable by passing an "affordable healthcare act". Gee, how brilliant! I suggest then than Trump signs a "Cure Corona Act", and the Corona will be gone. Maybe after that an "Eternal health and wealth for all forever" act, and everybody will live forever.

I just love simple minds. Would you like buy a used car from me?
    Nobeernolife

You doubt that the ACA resulted in millions more Americans with health insurance?
  • Nobeernolife
    You doubt that the ACA resulted in millions more Americans with health insurance?praxis

Maybe, but at what cost? I was just pointing out that the concept of a giant bureaucracy mandating anything "affordable" by passing a 20,000 page package of new laws is laughable. Even the designers of that law admitted that it was designed to fail.... just meant as a stepping stone to socialed medicine. (Which you can defend, if you want.... just do not pretend that it is particularly affordable or efficient.)
  • Nobeernolife
    The reality I've encountered has nothing to do with CNN/NYT & etc.tim wood

Yeah, I know they all say that. And then I turn on CNN in the morrning and see the same talking points that I just read from the TDS crowd on social media. Been around long enough to know the pattern.
  • DingoJones

What criteria do you use to distinguish between TDS and legitimate criticism of Trump? How do you know when a person who has a negative even anti-trump perspective is motivated/caused by TDS?
  • Monitor
    the TDS crowdNobeernolife

If we are all sick, and ignorant of it, then why engage with us? It can't be the challenge because we are all so stupid, it's too easy. Neither side is getting anywhere with the other. There has got to be a personal motivation. Are you like NOS and just enjoy stirring the pot? You continually end with the same sweeping generalization that discounts any response. Do you just like feeling self-satisfied?
  • Nobeernolife
    If we are all sick, and ignorant of it, then why engage with us? It can't be the challenge because we are all so stupid,Monitor

Dont know who "we" is but, confirmation bias and virtue signalling are human conditions.You are right, I should not waste time on social media, but by the same token, why do you continue to parrot the crap you hear on CNN on this site? It is not like you are going to convince a dissident, all you do is get browny points from your fellow echo chamber residents. So, same question.
  • Nobeernolife
    What criteria do you use to distinguish between TDS and legitimate criticism of Trump? How do you know when a person who has a negative even anti-trump perspective is motivated/caused by TDS?DingoJones

I ask if the criticism makes sense or not. BS like blaming Trump when some morons drink fish tank desinfectant does not. Continue at will.
  • DingoJones

What kinda of criticisms make sense about Trump? Any examples?
  • praxis
    Even the designers of that law admitted that it was designed to fail.... just meant as a stepping stone to socialed medicine. (Which you can defend, if you want.... just do not pretend that it is particularly affordable or efficient.)Nobeernolife

It makes buying health insurance within reach for more Americans. In regard to efficiency, the US spends much more per capita than other developed countries, including those with socialized healthcare, and without better health outcomes, so I'm not sure what the point is in bringing that up.
  • tim wood
    Yeah, I know they all say that.Nobeernolife
    Any facts in your world? Or do you just take it straight from the tube? Let's try a really simple one. Did DJT have the largest, greatest, best inaugural as he claimed - insisted upon?
  • Monitor
    Dont know who "we" is but, confirmation bias and virtue signalling are human conditions.You are right, I should not waste time on social media, but by the same token, why do you continue to parrot the crap you hear on CNN on this site? It is not like you are going to convince a dissident, all you do is get browny points from your fellow echo chamber residents. So, same question.Nobeernolife

I have been on this forum for four years and have only 135 posts. That means I read. Nobody knows me, I don't parrot, I don't watch CNN. And the only thing I continue to do is read. And this is a philosophy forum not Twitter. The goal is not to be smugly indefeasible. I won't bother you with it again.
  • Relativist
    I ask if the criticism makes sense or not.Nobeernolife
    Does this criticism make sense to you?
  • Nobeernolife
    Does this criticism make sense to you?Relativist

No. Didn´t read it in detail, but right off the bat I see so many loaded assumptions, it is clear this is another hit piece. And what else to expect from the Brookings Institute. Your next source is maybe the NYT?
  • Nobeernolife
    It makes buying health insurance within reach for more Americans.praxis

Not getting bogged into details, but if you do not see the contradiction in a government claiming to be able to make things "affordable" by massive regulation and taxation. And as I reminded you, even the designer of this thing said that it was designed to fail.
  • Nobeernolife
    What kinda of criticisms make sense about Trump? Any examples?DingoJones

I have criticised his initial Corona rethoric right here, remember? (The PR, not the actions.)
  • praxis
    Not getting bogged into details, but if you do not see the contradiction in a government claiming to be able to make things "affordable" by massive regulation and taxation.Nobeernolife

A little detail like the claim of "massive" taxation and regulation? I can see how that would get in the way. Affordable as in meaning that around 30 million Americans could afford to purchase health insurance, whereas before they could not afford it. Taxes increased for many, but not "massively."
  • Nobeernolife
    A little detail like the claim of "massive" taxation and regulation? I can see how that would get in the way. Affordable as in meaning that around 30 million Americans could afford to purchase health insurance, whereas before they could not afford it. Taxes increased for many, but not "massively."praxis

I do not know the details of that thing, and I doubt that you do, seeing almost none of the people passed actually read it. (Remember Pelosi "we have to pass it to see what is in it"). I also remember that it only became legal after a Supreme Court judge decided to re-define the punishment for non-participants a "tax" (which proponents of the thing had denied it was), so right off the bat it was based on massive taxation by definition. And I remember that the designer of the thing admitted publicly that it was designed to fail and only meant as a stepping stone to ultimate state-run nationalized medicine, along the the lines of the NHS. I pointed that out to you several times, maybe the reading problem is on your side?

Anyway, my main point was only that any law claiming to make someting "affordable" is a contradiction in terms. You can not legislate affordability.

I pointed that out to you several times too, you seem to have missed that.
  • DingoJones

No, I do not remember that. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else. I don’t think we have interacted before.
  • praxis
    I do not know the details of that thing, and I doubt that you do, seeing almost none of the people passed actually read it.Nobeernolife

About six years ago my wife and I were in a transition, moved to another state, and considered Obamacare between employers. It was affordable.

We ended up paying a minor penalty for being without insurance for a few months. Nothing anyone but a deranged lunatic would call “massive.”
  • Nobeernolife
    About six years ago my wife and I were in a transition, moved to another state, and considered Obamacare between employers. It was affordable.praxis

Good for you. I do not see what your anecdotal evidence has to do with the basic points I made.
  • praxis

Well, it’s just an anecdote so let’s dismiss it.

I concede all of your fine points.
  • tim wood
    @Nobeernolife
    Yeah, I know they all say that.
    — Nobeernolife
    Any facts in your world? Or do you just take it straight from the tube? Let's try a really simple one. Did DJT have the largest, greatest, best inaugural as he claimed - insisted upon?
    tim wood

Did you miss this? Or cat got your tongue?
  • Nobeernolife
    Any facts in your world? Or do you just take it straight from the tube? Let's try a really simple one. Did DJT have the largest, greatest, best inaugural as he claimed - insisted upon?tim wood

I do not know or care. Do you want to fact-check every frigging piece of trivia that some politician says? Or only DJT?
  • tim wood
    I do not know or care. Do you want to fact-check every frigging piece of trivia that some politician says? Or only DJT?Nobeernolife

You're a disgrace, nobeernoballs. And DJT, for whatever reasons, is a liar. Actually worse, but in any case that. But you're not interested in the truth or anything like that, are you, nobeernoballs?
  • Nobeernolife
    You're a disgrace, nobeernoballs. And DJT, for whatever reasons, is a liar. Actually worse, but in any case that. But you're not interested in the truth or anything like that, are you, nobeernoballs?tim wood

I do not know what your name-calling is about. I know the "mainstream" media slogan about Trump being a "liar", but everytime I partially checked some of those lists of lies, I only found distortions, misinterpretations or outright false claims.
    The lies by the "mainstream" however have been non-stop, vicious, and dangerous, the last one being the claim that Trump asked people to drink fish tank desinfectant as a Corona cure. That was just beyond the pale. Completely disgusting. But while most media outlets have since retracted the claim, some just let it stand and changed the topic.

What is the worst lie that you are blaming Trump for?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.