• Nobeernolife
    I know, it's so selfish.Monitor

It is. Points for failed attempt at sarcams>=: Nill
  • Benkei
    Sigh. I'm Dutch. I'm not in any US-centred bubble. Which makes it so easy for me to render judgment. No horse in the race and all that. I'm really glad I don't live there.
  • Nobeernolife
    I'm Dutch. I'm not in any US-centred bubble.Benkei

The European "mainstrteam" media is every bit on the Trump hating, globalist wagon as the American. This is not about geographic location.
  • Benkei
    Of course, it's all one big bubble. I can tell you're super informed about mostly nothing so that claim about mainstream media in Europe is baseless as usual. El Pais comparable to Der Spiegel? NRC with la Republicca? Don't make yourself look even stupider than normal.
  • NOS4A2

I know, it's so selfish.

I wonder what things such as corporate diversity, airline emissions, cancelling the debt of the Postal Service, and election auditing have to do with the current crisis. Government bailout and megalomania.
  • Michael
    Democrats have decided to shirk a Senate vote on worker reliefNOS4A2

I thought the Democrats' problem with it is that it wasn't worker relief but a corporate bailout.

They’re playing with people’s livelihood to include provisions such as diversity hiring, aviation climate change studies, minimum wage, and other piffle.NOS4A2

Aren't Republicans also playing with people's livelihood to include provisions that are a Republican policy wishlist?
  • Monitor
    The European "mainstrteam" media is every bit on the Trump hatingNobeernolife

I have never understood this automatic presupposition, that the default position, the null hypothesis, on anything Trump does has to be without regarding any of his history whatsoever. The world has had 4 years to watch what he has done and said and it is well documented; but according to the right he awakes each morning with a clean slate, to be judged only on the allowable spin that the public will bear on that day.
  • NOS4A2

I thought the Democrats' problem with it is that it wasn't worker relief but a corporate bailout.

Workers often work for corporations.

Aren't Republicans also playing with people's livelihood to include provisions that are a Republican policy wishlist?

For instance?
  • Nobeernolife
    I have never understood this automatic presupposition, that the default position, the null hypothesis, on anything Trump does has to be without regarding any of his history whatsoever. The world has had 4 years to watch what he has done and said and it is well documented; but according to the right he awakes each morning with a clean slate, to be judged only on the allowable spin that the public will bear on that day.Monitor

Well what I have seen in the 4 years is that Trump did pretty well, while being non stop attacked by the polical opponents and their propaganda arm in the so called mainstream media.. Clearly, we are watching 2 different movies.

Now look at this bumbling fool and tell me THAT is the guy you prefer to have in charge during a national crisis
    https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/03/slow-joes-slow-pitch.php
  • NOS4A2
    More fake news to add to the pile. Good on them.

• Michael
    More fake news to add to the pile. Good on them.NOS4A2

I don't think you know what fake news is.
  • tim wood
    Well what I have seen in the 4 years is that Trump did pretty well,Nobeernolife

Did what pretty well?
  • NOS4A2

I don't think you know what fake news is.

I don’t think you know what real news is.
  • Michael
    I don’t think you know what real news is.NOS4A2

I do. Real news can make mistakes. Fake news on the other hand "is a form of news consisting of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes ... written and published usually with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically, often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership."

The fact that Axios publicly corrected themselves suggests that it was an honest mistake.
  • NOS4A2

It was sensationalist and false, with the intent to mislead in order to damage a person. Didn’t you post a similar story?
  • Michael
    It was sensationalist and false, with the intent to mislead in order to damage a person. Didn’t you post a similar story?NOS4A2

Where's the evidence that there was an intent to mislead in order to damage a person? As I said, the fact that they corrected themselves suggest that it was an honest mistake.
  • NOS4A2

Do you think they put Trump in there for any other reason? They posted that for the same reason you posted it, and that almost certainly wasn’t to inform others.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I'm not sure if it was Gov Cumo or Marc Cuban that suggested the way our economy could get through this mandatory shut down would be to instead of arguing over the SBA financial aid just let the business write their checks as usual, payroll, overhead, utilities ect and not allow the bank to bounce any checks. If the SB keeps their employees through this than it will be considered a grant but if they fire them, then it's considered a loan.
    Thoughts?
    And the first person to protect the fat cats sitting at the banks we bailed out before? You are my first: :zip:
  • Michael
    Do you think they put Trump in there for any other reason? They posted that for the same reason you posted it, and thatlmost certainly wasn’t to inform others.NOS4A2

I posted it in response to Shawn saying that he bought some, asking him to be careful. Neither the comment I was replying to nor my comment mentioned Trump at all.

So is your accusation here fake news or an honest mistake on your part?
  • NOS4A2

Shawn didn’t buy fishbowl cleaner.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Is there some dispute as to whether or not a couple of fellow Phonecians actually did ingest fish tank cleaner as "fake news"?

Not my neighbor but
  • Michael
    Shawn didn’t buy fishbowl cleaner.NOS4A2

I don't know what he bought. And this seems like deflection. My posting the article had nothing to do with Trump.
  • NOS4A2

I don't know what he bought. And this seems like deflection. My posting the article had nothing to do with Trump.

I doubt that.
  • Michael
    Doubt all you like. Your accusations are fake news.
  • NOS4A2

Specifically this tweet, and this article.

• Michael
    @Shawn what kind of hydroxychloroquine did you buy? According to this, the medicine requires a prescription, but the way you phrased it suggests that you just ordered online.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Specifically this tweet, and this article.NOS4A2

Gotcha. I just wanted to make sure it was clear it was tried and one person passed away as a result of doing it.
    Along the same lines, isn't one of the drugs the active ingredient in Tonic water? Much diluted I get but I am just curious.
  • NOS4A2

Gotcha. I just wanted to make sure it was clear it was tried and one person passed away as a result of doing it.
    Along the same lines, isn't one of the drugs the active ingredient in Tonic water? Much diluted I get but I am just curious.

I can’t imagine the reasoning that went into eating/drinking fishbowl cleaner.

Yeah, I’ve heard that too about tonic water. Time to head out and buy a palette of it.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Yeah, I’ve heard that too about tonic water. Time to head out and buy a palette of it.NOS4A2

Nah, unless you get Vodka or Gin with it :wink:
  • Nobeernolife
    Did what pretty well?tim wood

Reduce globalism, protect the borders, scale down stupid foreign wars... pretty much what he promised. Gee, a politician who actually tries to meet his campain promises. Of course he is not perfect, but given that he is under round-the-clock attack from the media and power establishment, quite impressive. Others would have cracked. But of course, if you have consumed 4 years of CNN/NYT etc indoctrination for 4 years, you probably see a different reality.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.