• Mikie
    Did you warn Jackson at least once, or did you simply ban him?jgill

Yes, he was warned.
  • Jamal
    Banned @MAYAEL for homophobia.
  • DingoJones
    What did they say?
  • Jamal

"Well it's simple gay people are nasty plane and simple, sure a few of the woman might not be but I'm talking like 1% of the gay community
    And so naturally a bunch of guys that like to get phucked in the azz by other guys and seek this kind of thing out via the night club party seen are going to be the scum that infects the nation"
  • DingoJones
    Jesus. Suicide by mod? I feel like he’s been around a while.
  • Michael
    I’d ban for the spelling.
  • Baden
    gay people are nasty plane and simple — MAYAEL

Oh, the irony...
  • praxis
    I remember when Mayael requested the following consideration of me:

all I ask is that you try to talk to others over the internet the same way your mother makes you talk to people in real lifeMAYAEL

So I assume that mom was a homophobe as well.
  • Hanover
    The thing I'll most remember about MAYAEL is that I would never have heard of him had he not been banned.
  • Mikie

:lol: Exactly.
  • Varde
    Whereas Varde is well known for a less number of posts.
  • L'éléphant
    "Well it's simple gay people are nasty plane and simple, sure a few of the woman might not be but I'm talking like 1% of the gay community
    And so naturally a bunch of guys that like to get phucked in the azz by other guys and seek this kind of thing out via the night club party seen are going to be the scum that infects the nation
    Jamal
    This does not sound like MAYAEL. I've interacted with him a few times. So, I'm not sure why he would write something like this. Maybe he was drunk when he wrote it. Or he was just stressed out over the news of diseases over and over again that he's taking it out on certain segment of the population.
  • Pie

It's a pretty serious offense though, whatever the reason. "Scum that infects the nation" is violently dehumanizing.
  • Agent Smith
    The thing I'll most remember about MAYAEL is that I would never have heard of him had he not been banned.Hanover

That, in a nutshell, is what motivates (some) mass-shooters! Sad!
  • jgill
    This does not sound like MAYAELL'éléphant

I agree. I wonder if his TPF account was hacked?
  • Jamal
    This does not sound like MAYAELL'éléphant

I agree. I wonder if his TPF account was hacked?jgill

I've just spent some time looking at MAYAEL's posts and it's clear to me that it's the same person. The same spelling and punctuation mistakes.
  • praxis
    I wonder if his TPF account was hacked?jgill

I hope this isn’t too silly of a question but why would anyone bother to do that? :chin:
  • Baden
    Maybe he was drunk/stressed/hacked or maybe a mad scientist put a microchip in his brain to make him say bad things or maybe he's just exactly what he appears to be. Another of life's mysteries that the rules don't care about.
  • Jamal
    Banned @Adamski for being aggressive and refusing moderation.
  • ssu
    2 Days and 26 posts... that was quick.
  • Yohan
    for being aggressive and refusing moderation.Jamal
    What does aggression mean in terms of forum policy?
    Aggression seems pretty standard in debates.
    I feel shy questioning you Dear Leader, but I really want to understand :lol:
  • Tate
    Banned Adamski for being aggressive and refusing moderation.Jamal

really?
  • Jamal
    Don't be shy Yohan. It's a fair question.

I wanted to prevent the Salman Rushdie discussion from degenerating into insults like the Ukraine thread did, so when Adamski started getting aggressive towards Hanover, without cause as far as I could tell, I sent him a PM asking him politely not to.

He completely rejected my request, so I reiterated that he was being too aggressive and said I wasn't going to discuss it further.

He responded with this:

"You know what,you do you and I will do me.
    This is a new level of cowardice from you.
    A "discussion forum"!"

This is always a sign of a problem member. Not only that but he's pretty clearly a returning banned member, as he mentioned Streetlight and the Ukraine thread and said things that suggested he knew me.

As to what I mean by "aggressive", it was the accusations of ignorance, evasion, and "mealy mouthed" something or other. It wasn't ban worthy in itself, but the bad attitude in the PMs and the fact that he was probably a returning banned member combined to provoke my ban hammer.

After initially putting on a good show of being polite and reasonable--including in the email he sent that persuaded me to invite him to the forum a couple of days ago--he quickly began to turn nasty.
  • T Clark
    I wanted to prevent the Salman Rushdie discussion from degenerating into insults like the Ukraine thread did, so when Adamski started getting aggressive towards Hanover, without cause as far as I could tell, I sent him a PM asking him politely not to.Jamal

I'll make this one comment, then I promise to shut up. Don't get all excited, I only mean for this thread and this instance.

Adamski was much, much less "aggressive" toward Hanover in the Rushdie thread than I was.
  • Jamal
    Thank you for alerting me to that problem :up:
  • praxis
    Adamski was much, much less "aggressive" toward Hanover in the Rushdie thread than I was.T Clark

Maybe true but you tell better jokes.
  • Yohan

Its weird from my perspective that one person can be highly aggressive, I'm thinking Xtrix, and become a moderator. And then another is banned for aggression and bad attitude.
    probably a returning banned memberJamal
    :up:
  • Hanover
    Maybe true but you tell better jokes.praxis

Meh.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.