• m-theory
    A reply to your own post buttons, so you can hyperlink things you have already wrote?
  • Michael
    You can already do that. It's the "Share" link. Or you can highlight the comment/paragraph and click the Quote button that shows up.
  • Michael
    Editing PMs (at least before they've been read) would be great. Bloody typos.
  • Michael
    Just for @Banno, add super- and subscript to the button list above the comment box.
  • jorndoe
    Cool, sub- and super-script are supported.

Watery stuff: H2O
    Squarey stuff: x2

Watery stuff: H[sub]2[/sub]O
    Squarey stuff: [i]x[/i][sup]2[/sup]

Just for @Banno, add super- and subscript to the button list above the comment box.Michael

How do you add them?
  • Agustino
    How do you add them?jorndoe
    You don't, the Admins have to add them.
  • Michael
    It's a feature request for jamalrob to pass to the PlushForums team.
  • Wayfarer
    Seems you can't display videos or pictures where the URL begins with https://. Don't know if this is a bug, a feature, or a limitation.
  • Jamal

googlelogo_color_272x92dp.png

Works for me. If you paste in the URLs you tried I can check to see what's up.
  • Wayfarer
    thanks! Strange. I had been wanting to post a Youtube vid in Phil of Religion, I'll try again. (Wasn't the first time I had observed it.)
  • Michael

http://articles.thephilosophyforum.com/

Or enter your personal blog address in the Website field of your bio.
  • Mongrel
    Hmm. Not really what I had in mind. Maybe the software doesn't allow that much freedom? If so.. that's kind of wonky isn't it?
  • S
    Hmm. Not really what I had in mind. Maybe the software doesn't allow that much freedom? If so.. that's kind of wonky isn't it?Mongrel

Was the software ever intended to cater to those who want to write a blog? If not, then no. What we have here is a forum, a place to publish articles, and the option to link to your blog if you have one. It's not an all singing, all dancing website. I'm content with that.
  • Agustino
    I'm content with that.Sapientia
    Oh dear, have you become a conservative overnight? :-O
  • Hanover
    I'd like a feature that allows the rank and file to ban other members from this site. My feeling is that if the general public can be trusted not to pull the emergency brake in the subway, not to pull the fire alarm in public places, and not to play with publically available defibrillators, then we can be trusted not to misuse our power here.
  • S
    Oh dear, have you become a conservative overnight? :-OAgustino

:D

Virtually everyone is a conservative in at least some respect. I have always tended to be a conservative about the forum. I even joined the establishment.
  • Mongrel
    Was the software ever intended to cater to those who want to write a blog? If not, then no. What we have here is a forum, a place to publish articles, and the option to link to your blog if you have one. It's not an all singing, all dancing website. I'm content with that.Sapientia

Jesus, dude. A long time ago I was on a forum that had a little blog section. It ended up being a discussion generator. I was thinking of ways to improve the content of this forum.

You just hurt my fucking feelings, by the way. Where's unenlightened? I need a champion.

Wah!
  • S
    I was thinking of ways to improve the content of this forum.Mongrel

Okay. I'll let you off just this once. But don't do it again. ;)

The idea's not that bad. I was just basically saying don't blame the cat if it doesn't bark.
  • Mongrel
    Oh. Did I sound blaming? It would just involve a little column (maybe to the right) with names and a little signal about whether they have a new entry. If you click on the name, you can read their latest philosophy ramblings.
  • Agustino
    I think their issue is that they don't have control over how the forum looks or what features it has that much? It's not like it's their forum - it's hosted and designed by Plush, and they merely "rent" it. I don't think they can change it in absolutely infinite ways, like old PF which was simply Paul's website, hosted by him and programmed from the ground up by him.
  • S
    Oh. Did I sound blaming?Mongrel

It sounded to me like you were blaming the software, or perhaps by implication its creator, because it doesn't allow you to do what you want to be allowed to do.

It would just involve a little column (maybe to the right) with names and a little signal about whether they have a new entry. If you click on the name, you can read their latest philosophy ramblings.Mongrel

Sure. Worthy of consideration. I was just stating my personal feelings on the matter: I'm content without that feature.

If it was subtle enough, and didn't stand out too much, like maybe a "blogs" addition to the menu where you have "articles" and such, or in the list of categories, then I wouldn't mind at all, and might even be tempted to start a blog or check out the blogs of others.

It'd be down to PlushForums to come up with something like that. But even if they did, perhaps it'd come at an extra cost. Who knows?
  • Mongrel
    So we really have no control over the format? I'm just surprised. And I didn't particularly want to start a blog. As I said... it was a thought about making the content of the forum more interesting. It was partly inspired by something Jute said about TGW and partly past experience.
  • Baden
    So we really have no control over the format?Mongrel

Well, we can request new features but there's no guarantee our requests will be granted by the software designers.
  • Jamal
    So we really have no control over the format?Mongrel

Installing software on my own server and then customizing it would have been too much work. PlushForums doesn't allow much customization because it's a hosted service; and as such it is much easier to run.
  • Mongrel
    Ok. But the more I think about, the more I'm convinced that readers would benefit from a user-based presentation. Package all of SLX's op's, for instance.

Oh, and a couple of us are going to work out some sort of "Ask the philosopher" deal. Are you cool with that?
  • Michael
    Ok. But the more I think about, the more I'm convinced that readers would benefit from a user-based presentation. Package all of SLX's op's, for instance.

Oh, and a couple of us are going to work out some sort of "Ask the philosopher" deal. Are you cool with that?
    Mongrel

He can't make a blog section.
  • Mongrel
    Ok. Packaging is undoable as well? It looks like the categories are package like.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.