• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    If we could put together a list of peoples Birthdays, it would make wishing everyone a happy year older a bit easier! :D
    I am willing to keep track of peoples birthdays and let folks know. Or I could track back to our old sand box, write down and cross reference all 100 members listed birthdates. :D
    So what's the date?
    • Baden: 01/01
    • Tiff: 03/01
  • Hanover
    This is hopelessly unclear. Some will think you were born March 1 and others the 3rd day of January.
  • S
    Also, the actual list would have to be located elsewhere, as it'd be off-topic here.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    "Hopelessly?" Really? Have a little faith in me!
    Okay Hanover when is your birthday?
    I believe it is standard to be mm/dd, suggesting that it is month/date and if you wanted to include year it would be mm/dd/yy.
    Oh look when I do cross reference both you and Sapientia have no birthdate listed.
    Come on now, fess up, just how old are you? :D
  • Michael
    I believe it is standard to be mm/dd, suggesting that it is month/date and if you wanted to include year it would be mm/dd/yy. — ArguingWAristotleTiff

Only in Belize, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, and the United States. Almost everywhere else it's dd/mm/yyyy.

See here.
  • S
    The 'sign in'/'sign out' button should be clearer, and in a better location. Also, the 'quote' button should be larger. It's a pain in the arse on a mobile, because it's easy to tap the screen and miss the little button, resulting in the highlighted text no longer being highlighted, and then having to start from scratch. And highlighting text on the touchscreen of an average-sized smart phone can be tricky too, which makes it more annoying. But at least I can highlight text on my mobile, which I can't do on my PlayStation 4, except text which I can edit, like when composing a message.

Also, though this may have already been mentioned, an option for a poll that is not anonymous.
  • S
    This also might have been mentioned already: the option to create a poll in which one can cast multiple votes (but obviously only one vote per option).
  • Pierre-Normand
    The interlining within the message paragraphs seem cramped to me. I am usure if this is related to paragraph style or the default font, but the interlining seems to be just a bit too narrow for confortable reading, and it is also unaesthetic to my eyes -- the text doesn't breathe. I am unsure if this can easily be fixed. It is a rather minor complaint, though. (I also notice that the interlining is fine in the edit box, though not in the preview window box, where it appears to be the same as in the posted messages.)
  • BC
    The kerning of characters in the edit box (or composition box... whatever you call it) is slightly greater than in the posted area. The space between lines appears to be the same. For instance, when I retype your first sentence in the edit box and then drag it up to your post for comparison, the kerning is enough to put "to me." beyond the end of your posted sentence.

You are right that the appearance is not the same -- whether it is better or worse is an aesthetic judgement. It's like the debate over serif and sans serif fonts. Reading experts supposedly think serif fonts are easier to read (because the serifs give letters and words more distinctive shapes), but on large signs, sans serif fonts (like Helvetica) tend to look better -- again, this is an aesthetic judgement.

The interlining in the preview box is not the same as the edit box, but it appears to be the same as the posted area. I don't like the appearance of the preview.

I would be surprised if kerning and interlining were editable.

Appearance may differ depending on platform and monitor.
  • noAxioms
    Has probably been mentioned, but the posts are not dated. Impossible to search for where one might have left off, and I'm never sure if I'm responding to a years-old thread.

Edit: OK, it looks different. I see 6-months ago... That's a date I guess.
  • Michael
    When a post is flagged a reason should be given. I don't know why most (any?) of them have been reported.

Might just be miss-clicks, but then forcing them to enter a reason would prevent this as well.
  • Thorongil
    Is there a way to block certain users?
  • Jamal
    So far, no. I'm asking again for the "ignore list" function the next time I send a list of feature requests to the developers.
  • S
    I can't separate bullet pointed paragraphs with a space between them, nor can I quote them.

This is very annoying.

• I want to be able to put a space between this point.
    • And this point.
    • And this one too.
    • And so on.
  • Michael

• This?

[list]
    [*] Like

[*] This?
    [/list]

• Terrapin Station
    I don't know if this is a request for a feature tweak or a request for an explanation how to use a feature:

The number next to "YOU" on the menu bar is handy--you click on it and it tells you where people have responded to you, mentioned you, etc.

However, let's say I've got the number 10 next to "YOU"--people have responded to me etc. 10 times.

After I click on the first one to look at it, the number disappears, and I can't get back to the list of responses I received. I can't find the rest of them. It seems like if it was 10, then I clicked on one, now it should say 9, then I can click on the number again, click on the next response, etc.
  • Michael
    and I can't get back to the list of responses I receivedTerrapin Station

Click on "Mentions" in the top left under your name and profile picture.
  • S
    Did you do something differently? Because I separated them with a space - which you should be able to see if you go to edit my post - and it didn't work. What kind of wizardry is this?
  • Michael
    Yeah, you need to use two new lines between them (sorry, thought that was clear with the code example).
  • S

• Oh

• Yeah

• Thanks
  • Terrapin Station
    Ah, thanks. I had barely even looked at the menu on that page.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Is there some way to know which discussions I have taken part in, and even how recently? I'm too old and alcoholic, so I keep forgetting where I am active, can't remember what I did the day before. I guess I can just keep refreshing the "mentions" to find out if I've inspired a reply from anyone.
  • Michael
    You can click on "You" in the top menu and then "Comments" to view your most recent comments.
  • SophistiCat
    So I guess this is my first post here. I am just an occasional lurker at this point. But I come bearing gifts :)

For myself and those few of you who use Firefox I made add-on that implements an ignore list feature.

tpfignore1.png
    https://postimg.org/image/ej2g76sp9/

tpfignore2.png
    https://postimg.org/image/8jjah9xal/

Limitations:

• Firefox only (I might try and make a Chrome version at some point, if I have the time).
    • The list is stored locally with your bookmarks and other browser data. This means that if you log in at another computer or device, you'll have to install the add-on there and maintain a separate list.
    • You can't view, edit or export the list.

Installation:

See message below with an updated version.
  • andrewk
    Hello Sophisticat. It's great to see you here. I had been hoping you'd turn up. I have missed your posts and particularly your scientific expertise.
  • SophistiCat
    Update for the Ignore extension (5/19/2018):

Chrome:

Chrome now allows installing extensions only from its web store, and since I am not a registered and payed-up developer, I cannot publish there. If you really want it and know what you are doing, you can install an unpacked extension as described here: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-install-chrome-extensions-manually/

Zipped Chrome extension

Firefox 45 or later (this update is functionally identical to the old version):

Download the XPI file, double-click and allow the browser to install the extension.

tpfignore1.png
    tpfignore2.png
  • Jamal
    Chrome too? This is super cool. I'll try it later.
  • Jamal
    Works nicely, although I'm still hoping the PlushForums devs will build it into the software. That way we could achieve what I'm presuming is the optimal functionality, namely for ignored members to completely disappear for the ignorer, with a list of ignored members in the ignorer's profile that allows them to stop ignoring people.

I'm not sure how it worked on the old PF, as I never used it.

Thanks @SophistiCat
  • Jamal
    This site does not allow to edit the options in the poll.mosesquine

Putting this here as a reminder for the next time I send feature requests to PlushForums.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.