• NOS4A2

One tiny riot among many during those days. The problem for some is that this one in particular injured political symbols and tribal pride rather than the homes and businesses of ordinary citizens. This time it was the politicians cowering behind their armed guards. An unarmed woman was executed. Men and women are still in jail for glorified trespassing on state property. Now Biden’s rhetoric about the evil within pits American against American.
  • praxis

Just the other day:

Declare the rightful winner, or hold a new Election, NOW! — Trump
  • praxis

And do you believe the election was stolen from him?
  • NOS4A2

I’ll just say I wouldn’t put it past them.
  • creativesoul
    I’ll just say I wouldn’t put it past them.NOS4A2

Would not put it past 'them' to steal an election...

Right.

Especially given how they had replaced as many of the decision makers as they possibly could before and after election day in all the right places to be able to steal it! There has been first hand testimony setting out the plan on Jan 6 to steal the election. I mean, some of these replacements even lost all the phone records leading up to and through Jan 6 somehow, despite being in charge of the institution that specializes in exactly how to recover such information. Certainly looks like that's exactly what they were planning to do, and they were making concerted efforts to cover their tracks all the while.

:smirk:
  • creativesoul
    The problem for some is that this one in particular injured political symbols and tribal pride rather than the homes and businesses of ordinary citizensNOS4A2

The problem for others is conspiracy to defraud the US, seditious conspiracy, obstructing an official proceeding, amongst others....
  • praxis
    I’ll just say I wouldn’t put it past them.NOS4A2

This seems to mean that you believe it's possible for there to have been a nationwide conspiracy to steal the election and done so successfully that no one can discover how "them" did it.
  • Baden
    NOS's heroes just wanted to hang Mike Pence. One tiny hanging. Would that have been such a big deal, really? (Warning: We are now entering the MAGAverse).
  • NOS4A2

I’m not sure where you are going with this.

Protesters chant crazy shit all the time. Trump was burned, beheaded, and hanged in effigy on countless occasions, for example.
  • Baden
    Protesters chant crazy shit all the time. Trump was burned, beheaded, and hanged in effigy on countless occasions, for example.NOS4A2

Oh, I see, so if a crowd of left-wing protesters had smashed their way into a building Trump was in looking for him and threatening to kill him, the police would have just laughed it off because they were probably just joshing.
  • NOS4A2

Oh, I see, so if a crowd of left-wing protesters had smashed their way into a building Trump was in looking for him and threatening to kill him, the police would have just laughed it off because they were probably just joshing.

I don’t get it.
  • Fooloso4
    I don’t get it.NOS4A2

Yes, we keep telling you that!

I give your credit though, not everyone can make a molehill out of a mountain.
  • Baden
    I don’t get it.NOS4A2

You don't get the difference between an actual threat and not an actual threat? Well, for example, if I say now that I want to beat Trump over the head with a hammer, I'm not an actual threat, because I'm nowhere near Trump. But if I break into Mar-a-Lago with my hammer when Orange Man is home and threaten to beat him over the head with it, I am. Does that help?
  • Baden
    Or if it makes you easier for you, I'll go outside and burn an effigy of Trump right now. So, I do some crazy shit that doesn't matter... Compare that to me and hundreds of my buddies riding up Trump tower with a noose and threatening to hang him.
  • Mikie
    A tiny insurrection. No big deal. After all, they were “burning down cities” all summer leading up to this.

Election was stolen — can’t prove it yet, and all evidence is to the contrary, but we’ll go on believing it. The deep state and whatnot…

Always good to have at least one delusional Trumpist spouting nonsense. Helps to identify the crap they’re being fed.
  • Baden

MAGAverse logic leads to rather liberating conclusions though. It would be legitimate protest for a crowd threatening to kill Trump to smash its way into a building with him in it, but not legitimate to declare such behavior "extremist". That would make you a dictator like Biden, making war on your political enemies!
  • NOS4A2

An “actual threat” that didn’t turn into an actual hanging wasn’t much of an actual threat, I guess. In comparison to your effigy burning the result was the same: no hanging. Maybe you’ve been duped by the deep-state dinner theater enough to believe they’d lead to wildly different results.
  • NOS4A2
    Such wild thinking. I bet you couldn’t tell me why the “insurrection” was so bad without resorting to propaganda. What, you didn’t like someone hold a lectern?
  • Fooloso4
    An “actual threat” that didn’t turn into an actual hanging wasn’t much of an actual threat, I guess.NOS4A2

Instead of guessing try thinking. There is a difference between a threat and the fulfillment of a threat. Threats can be averted. Do you really not understand the difference?

The fact that there was not an actual hanging does not mean there was not an actual threat. The fact that the mob was not able to get to Pence does not mean that there was not an "actual threat".
  • Baden
    Update on MAGAverse logic:

Compare that to me and hundreds of my buddies riding up Trump tower with a noose and threatening to hang him.Baden

This is fine as long as we don't actually get to kill him. Like I said, liberating. Get the noose, Jess, we goin' for a ride!
  • NOS4A2

Instead of guessing try thinking. There is a difference between a threat and the fulfillment of a threat. Threats can be averted. Do you really not understand the difference?

The fact that there was not an actual hanging does not mean there was not an actual threat. The fact that the mob was not able to get to Pence does not mean that there was not an "actual threat".

That you feared for Pence’s life only proves your propensity for imagination. Your fears should have dissipated by now given that nothing of the sort has happened.

The person executed that day was an unarmed woman. I’m supposed to disregard that to make room for your imagination.
  • praxis

It’s very imaginative of you to say that the unarmed woman was executed.
  • NOS4A2

Executed for trying to crawl through a window. Watch the video.
  • Mikie
    Love to watch Trumpists try to square the circle in service of their delusions. :starstruck:

Insurrection to overthrow a free election? Nah, nothing but a little, tiny riot. Actually, not even a riot — it was a field trip that went wrong. Actually, not even that wrong — just some minor trespassing. Actually not even that, since technically we the people own that place.

So basically it was a tour. What’s everyone getting so upset about?
  • Fooloso4
    That you feared for Pence’s life only proves your propensity for imagination.NOS4A2

I did not fear for Pence's life. I, along with most of us, learned of it after the fact. It was those who acted to prevent the mob from inflicting further damage to life and property who feared what the mob was doing and would do if left unchecked.

You seem incapable of understanding the meaning of the term 'threat'. Are you claiming that Pence was not in harm's way? That he was not in danger? That his security acted unreasonably in trying to protect him? That because nothing happened to him there was no need to protect him? Do you think they were there for selfies with Pence?
  • NOS4A2
    Insurrection to overthrow a free election

And just like that, the propaganda speaks where one’s own thinking cannot. The act of repeating the phrase makes it true.
  • NOS4A2

I know what threat means, I just do not pretend to know someone’s motivations. Do you really believe there was a lynch mob there conspiring to hang the Vice President?
  • praxis
    Executed for trying to crawl through a window.NOS4A2

Well, you can’t say that window crawling in the capital isn’t a capital offense.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment