• Benkei
    Subsidizing industry is pretty common.Tate

Not profitable industry. That's not a subsidy anymore.
  • Tate
    Not profitable industry. That's not a subsidy anymore.Benkei

Whatever you call it, it's pretty common.
  • jorndoe
    Circus.

House conservatives prep plans to impeach Biden (The Hill; Aug 30, 2022)

Should we expect impeachment of ≈ every president onwards? Future statistics going by least impeachments? Hopefully not.
  • ssu
    Should we expect impeachment of ≈ every president onwards? Future statistics going by least impeachments? Hopefully not.jorndoe

It might go their. Also persecution of Presidents after their presidency is over. (If you think it will end with Trump...)
  • Deus
    Biden good trump bad, trump bad Biden good,
  • NOS4A2
    Biden goes dictator in his latest speech, the whole time hinting at using the full power of the US government against his political opponents, “MAGA republicans”, and the millions of Americans that vote for them.

It’s comforting to hear heckles such as “Fuck Joe Biden” come from the back, though.
  • Mikie
    Imagine voting for and endlessly defending Donald Trump and then blathering about dictators. :lol:
  • NOS4A2
    Someone doesn’t like criticism of Joe Biden :rofl:
  • Fooloso4
    ...using the full power of the US government against his political opponentsNOS4A2

Reducing what is happening to a contest of political opponents is indicative of the depth of the problem. There is nothing ordinary about what is going on. By trying to undermine the legitimacy of the electoral process the MAGA republicans are not simply the opponents of the Democratic party and anti-Trump republicans , they are an opponent of the US government itself.

It is not “Fuck Joe Biden” that you find comforting, it is "Fuck US Democracy".
  • Mikie
    The speech was rather tame compared to the lunacy of the delusional right-wing nuts out there. For those that didn't read it or listen to it, here are some highlights:

Too much of what’s happening in our country today is not normal. Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.

Now, I want to be very clear, very clear up front. Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans. Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology. I know, because I’ve been able to work with these mainstream Republicans.

But there’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans. And that is a threat to this country.

I see nothing inaccurate here.

These are hard things, but I’m an American president, not a president of red America or blue America, but of all America. And I believe it’s my duty, my duty to level with you, to tell the truth no matter how difficult, no matter how painful.

And here, in my view, is what is true: MAGA Republicans do not respect the Constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people. They refuse to accept the results of a free election, and they’re working right now as I speak in state after state to give power to decide elections in America to partisans and cronies, empowering election deniers to undermine democracy itself.

Ask yourselves: Are they or are they not saying the election was "stolen"?

Yeah, they are. Biden's being too kind by saying "not even the majority." The polls indicate it is indeed a majority who believe the election lie.

They look at the mob that stormed the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, brutally attacking law enforcement, not as insurrectionists who placed a dagger at the throat of our democracy, but they look at them as patriots. And they see their MAGA failure to stop a peaceful transfer of power after the 2020 election as preparation for the 2022 and 2024 elections.

They tried everything last time to nullify the votes of 81 million people. This time, they’re determined to succeed in thwarting the will of the people. That’s why respected conservatives like Federal Circuit Court Judge Michael Luttig has called Trump and the extreme MAGA Republicans “a clear and present danger” to our democracy.

Yep.

We, the people, will not let anyone or anything tear us apart. Today, there are dangers around us we cannot allow to prevail. We hear — you’ve heard it, more and more talk about violence as an acceptable political tool in this country. It’s not. It can never be an acceptable tool. So, I want to say this plain and simple: There is no place for political violence in America, period, none, ever.

Spoken like a true dictator! lol

I'm not even a Biden fan -- but let's at least be honest about things.
  • NOS4A2

Contesting or disputing an election is nothing. During the last presidency the legitimacy of the election was doubted with the strength of the 5 eyes, the "intelligence community", the 4th estate and the entire Democrat party, all premised on utter nonsense. So whoopidy doo, they might have to lay in the very beds they made.
  • NOS4A2
    Look at all this effort to defend Biden :starstruck:
  • praxis
    That’s not what the last couple of pages looks like, besides the “Biden good trump bad” comment. Another instance of NOS seeing what he wants to see.
  • NOS4A2
    It's good to have praxis chime in wherever his insights are not required.
  • Fooloso4
    Contesting or disputing an election is nothing.NOS4A2

This goes far beyond contesting or disputing an election. To pretend that all this is politics as normal is disingenuous. This is the first time in US history there was not a peaceful transfer of power.
  • Maw
    coolest thing he's ever done
  • NOS4A2

This goes far beyond contesting or disputing an election. To pretend that all this is politics as normal is disingenuous. This is the first time in US history there was not a peaceful transfer of power.

How quickly we forget. I remember quite vividly the violence at Trump’s inauguration, and up until then his rallies, with his supporters being beaten and harassed. The spying on Trump and his staff, the “unmasking”, the Russian collusion nonsense. The same might have occurred at Biden’s inauguration but the venue was surrounded by national guard and razor wire. “Democracy”…
  • Mikie
    Look at the effort to defend racist, fascist Trump. :starstruck:

Gotta love those fascist tears.
  • Fooloso4
    How quickly we forget.NOS4A2

How quickly you forget. There was no insurrection when Trump was elected. There was no attack on the nation's Capital. Clinton did not attempt to undermine the electoral process.

Once again, to pretend that all this is politics as normal is disingenuous, and, I should add, dangerous.
  • NOS4A2

How quickly you forget. There was no insurrection when Trump was elected. There was no attack on the nation's Capital. Clinton did not attempt to undermine the electoral process.

Once again, to pretend that all this is politics as normal is disingenuous, and, I should add, dangerous.

There were riots at Trump’s inauguration and the Whitehouse. The feds and the 4th estate spent years pushing a Democrat hoax. Disingenuous doesn’t cover it.

January 6th is Biden’s Reichstag moment and will remain a pretext to the persecution of his political opponents and the consolidation of his and his party’s power.
  • Benkei
    Guys, guys, I think we just have to conclude the USA is basically a fascist country regardless who you vote for.
  • Fooloso4
    The feds and the 4th estate spent years pushing a Democrat hoaxNOS4A2

Thank you for this example of what is at issue. The feds and the 4th estate, the government and the press, complicit in a hoax against our supreme dear leader Trump, and their persecution of his henchmen. Unfortunately you are not alone in your support of autocracy.

For all your talk of freedom your are blind to just how imperiled it is by MAGA.

But all this talk is tedious and changes nothing.
  • NOS4A2

It’s very tedious. A single riot at the capitol is seen as an attack on democracy while years of political violence and persecution is met with a hand wave.
  • Fooloso4
    It’s very tedious.NOS4A2

And yet on and on you go. Like your dear leader, you like to hear yourself talk. And like him, you continue to demonstrate your cluelessness. It is not about "a single riot at the capital".
  • ssu
    It’s very tedious. A single riot at the capitol is seen as an attack on democracy while years of political violence and persecution is met with a hand wave.NOS4A2
    Ummm.... which "years of political violence and persecution" are you referring and where? :chin:
  • Mikie
    “Russia interfered in the 2016 election” (turns out it was true, but not enough to swing the election — as I was saying from the beginning)

=

Literal insurrection at the Capitol building, threatening to hang people, claiming the election was stolen by mass voter fraud…

Yeah, it’s a wash. Seems like a fair and balanced assessment to me.
  • praxis
    A single riot at the capitol is seen as an attack on democracyNOS4A2

If only it were a pack of horned MAGA nuts. The attack is led by Trump who, despite investigations and lack of evidence, claims that he's the rightful president and should be immediately recognized as such.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment