• Benkei
    The number of executive orders is not evidence of abuse. Using it to separate families as Trump did is an example of abuse. Which executive order that Biden passed is an abuse?
  • NOS4A2

Yes it is evidence of abuse.

The speed and amount of executive orders is where the abuse lies.
  • Baden

But if Trump did this, NOS would complain too. He is unbiased and speaking from the heart about an injustice...

:rofl:
  • NOS4A2
    “But if Trump did this”.... Counterfactual thinking at its most embarrassing. :lol:

It looks like Joe’s military inauguration and subsequent military occupation of Washington is costing big, tax-payer bucks.

The cost of deploying about 26,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. Capitol in the wake of the deadly Jan. 6 riot is nearly $500 million, U.S. military officials said Thursday.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-4b27fdcda664a919e3eeaa1691c9c785
  • frank
    But if Trump did this”.... Counterfactual thinking at its most embarrassing. :lol:NOS4A2

Is it getting to you? That Biden won?
  • NOS4A2

I don’t like Biden at all.
  • frank

Does he remind you of your dad?
  • NOS4A2

My father doesn’t sniff little girls.
  • frank
    My father doesn’t sniff little girls.NOS4A2

Ooh. You're so touchy!

He's actually fighting the baby eaters. Q said so.
  • NOS4A2

I’m touchy? You’re the one who interjected because I criticized Biden.
  • NOS4A2
    Biden’s genius FBI included a photoshopped image in their criminal complaint.

• frank
    m touchy.NOS4A2

Yea, you weren't so acidic when Trump was in power.
  • Benkei
    you'll believe anything if it fits your worldview and disbelieve it when it doesn't.

• NOS4A2

The image is in the original document.

https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2191/f/Brian%20McCreary%20Statement%20of%20Facts.pdf

So I guess you'll believe anything if it fits your worldview and disbelieve it when it doesn't?
  • Benkei
    The point being McCreary really was there, which was what was being discussed in the tweet you shared. As the Statement of Fact states:
    Finally, one of the co-workers who positively identified MCCREARY in the picture above also provided the following additional photograph, which this person received from another of MCCREARY’s co-workers, and identified McCreary as the individual wearing black eyeglasses and a blue surgical mask standing immediately behind and to the right of Chansley. — Statement of Fact

That's the fact, they can't then include the original image because that would be lying.

We also know the only reason you shared that tweet was to suggest there was some buffoonery from Biden to fit whatever warped worldview you're trying to maintain.
  • Olivier5
    Bernie Sanders' inauguration memes help raise $1.8 million for charity
    "We're glad we can use my internet fame to help Vermonters in need," Sanders said. "But even this amount of money is no substitute for action by Congress."
    Olivier5

Sanders' capacity to piss off people will never cease to amaze me. A Frisco teacher -- Ms Ingrid Seyer-Ochi -- has written an OpEd about how his mittens at the inauguration were a symbol of "subtle white privilege".... Very subtle indeed.

We need a word for all those folks who hate Bernie with a passion. There's a few words for his supporters already: the Bernites, the Bernie bros; but how do we call those who suffer from the opposite condition? The Bernophobics? The Anti-Socialo? The Truth-Haters?
  • NOS4A2
    Our virtual president was booed at the Super Bowl. The most popular president ever.

• frank
    @Hanover
    it seems like Trump supporters continue to hold Republican politicians hostage. Is this a permanent thing? Or will it fade in the next few years?
  • Benkei
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/08/us-ice-immigration-customs-enforcement-haiti-deportations

What? The? Hell?

First off, how can a judge order the executive branch to continue to deport people based on a statute that hasn't been used for decades? But even then, doesn't the executive branch have discretion how and when it can exercise its powers, including not doing anything? It's not as if every crime is investigated and prosecuted either.
  • BC
    Bernie Burners?
  • BC
    How can you tell the Trump Republican politicians from Republican politicians being held hostage? How much difference is there? They are all just so many peas in a pod.
  • Olivier5
    Anti-burners kind of works.
  • BC
    Once anti-Sanderites crawl back under their rocks and stay there, we won't have to call them anything.
  • magritte

How pravda -- The ying-yang gods of america, saint Bernie and the teflon Don
  • frank
    Once anti-Sanderites crawl back under their rocks and stay there, we won't have to call them anything.Bitter Crank

Doesn't the vote about Liz Cheney's position show that Republicans vote differently when it's a secret vote?
  • BC
    I would expect some differences between an open vote and secret ballot - for any group of people where volatile issues are in play. There are many days in which I call a plague down on both the Democrats and Republicans, but over the years (not just since Trump) the Republican Party has become more extreme, more out of sync with its longer term history. There used to be such a thing as "fiscally conservative / socially liberal Republicans". This major portion of the Republican Party rejected Goldwater in 1964, but then in the 80s Reagan's faction moved the party to the right where it has pretty much stayed.

Trump enabled a further rightward shift (for some, into the 'crazy' zone). We'll see what happens next. I expect that the Republican Party will not move toward more liberal social policy. As far as fiscal policy goes, they have shown zero fiscal responsibility.
  • BC
    Bernie Bros are a faction because Sanders represents the kind of representative that we would like to have voted for, but was/is almost never on offer. There have been just a few others like Sanders.
  • frank
    would expect some differences between an open vote and secret ballot - for any group of people where volatile issues are in playBitter Crank

That makes sense. Public votes keep the ruled in a relationship with the rulers. So the politicians I've been thinking of as 'held hostage' are just showing us what the will of the people really looks like. I hadn't thought of that.

As far as fiscal policy goes, they have shown zero fiscal responsibility.Bitter Crank

They lowered taxes on the wealthy. That made no sense.
  • BC
    They lowered taxes on the wealthy. That made no sense.frank

Very true, and they greatly increased the deficit by continuing larger discretionary expenses and decreasing income. Of course the Covid-19 stimulus packages contributed to the deficit, but there are two or three trillion dollars above and beyond that. Republicans used to be committed to balanced budgets and debt reduction. For that matter, many Democrats did too.

Problem is, we can't keep cutting taxes on the wealthy without cutting spending -- if you want a balanced budget and debt reduction. A lot of discretionary spending (apart from mandated expenses) Is in the military area; the wealthy who own military supply firms (like Martin Marietta, Raytheon, etc.) are the prime beneficiaries (assuming that the average American is not actually benefitted in any significant way from increased military spending). Certainly Americans are not actually that much safer for all the money spent.
  • NOS4A2
    Joe Biden’s conflicts of interest keep piling up.

As Biden’s son-in-law invests in COVID-19 response, questions of family and ethics could resurface

But he’s lucky the press will handle each and every conflict with kid gloves.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment