• NOS4A2

I would call myself a liberal in the classical sense.

No, I do not approve. This sort of stuff leads to the killing fields. I think your ideas are unjust and I fear for the countries where such mindsets achieve power.
  • BC
    This sort of stuff leads to the killing fields.NOS4A2

I wasn't proposing that we sentence even one of them to a firing squad. I would divest them of their ill-gotten wealth. After that, they would have to get a job and work like everybody else does -- work appropriate to their skills, but not involving re-accumulation of their wealth.

I think losing their wealth and having to live like ordinary people do would be quite severe punishment.
  • NOS4A2
    The Biden administration is reopening a “concentration camp” for children. Given the past, I suspect we’ll see mass world-wide outrage and condemnation. But given the selectivity of said outrage, I won’t hold my breath.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/migrant-children-facility-immigration/index.html
  • Benkei
    You won't read about it because this is a facility for unaccompanied children as opposed to families being forcefully separated. Instead of being expulsed, they try to find a sponsor. But nice try at the moral equivalence where there is none.
  • NOS4A2

That’s exactly what the Trump administration did.

“Our number one goal is to unify them with their sponsor and while that’s happening we’re providing them with a quality education”

- Mark Weber, US Dept. of Human Services, Trump administration.

It must have slipped your mind.
  • Benkei
    Having reading comprehension problems again? Primary point :

as opposed to families being forcefully separatedBenkei

From the article you linked, the secondary point:
    Unaccompanied children who cross the border are taken into custody by the Department of Homeland Security and referred to HHS, though a Trump-era policy also makes them subject to expulsion. — Cnn
  • Baden
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-impeachment-lawyers-united-states-mistake-b1796618.html

"Former president Donald Trump’s new legal team got off to a shaky start in a legal brief on Tuesday, addressing their arguments to the “Unites States Senate” instead of the United States Senate, the body that will try Mr Trump on 9 February on allegations he incited the 6 January attack on the Capitol."

Everything he touches turns to moron.
  • ssu
    Mr Executive Order... I guess this has become a tradition in US politics, first days repealing the former presidents decisions, if that President came from the other party.

Executive actions taken during the first 12 days. Executive orders (red), Presidential Memos(blue), Proclamations(grey):
    executive-orders-1.png?quality=75&strip=all&w=1200&h=630&crop=1
  • Benkei
    Unitary theory of government! Or in other words a dictatorship.
  • NOS4A2
    Biden has been signing EO’s like a madman. He has almost signed as many EO’s in his first two weeks as FDR did in his first month. According to Biden’s own words this is dictator shit.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/03/963380189/with-28-executive-orders-signed-president-biden-is-off-to-a-record-start

But who cares? At least he doesn’t make mean tweets.
  • Benkei
    The problem isn't Biden but that the US system allows it. Meanwhile

And while the numbers are large, these actions aren't barrier-breaking. They call for the creation of task forces, direct agencies to begin a regulatory process or explore a policy change. — Cnn

So, yawn for now.
  • NOS4A2

If the problem isn’t Biden why didn’t others do it? No, the problem is Biden.
  • Benkei
    For creating a task force? Sure buddy.
  • NOS4A2

28 executive orders in 2 weeks. Benkei: “For creating a task force?”
  • tim wood
    If the problem isn’t Biden why didn’t others do it? No, the problem is Biden.NOS4A2

And exactly what problem would that be? I can describe one. Presidents like Reagan and Bush1 and Bush2, and finally Trump, smeared the walls with shit. Presidents like Clinton, Obama, and now Biden, are tasked with cleaning up those messes, even before they can get to current business. And you complain when they do it. Implicit is that you like shit, or cannot tell the difference between shit and what is necessary to clean it up. Given your consistent - and aggressive - apologetics for shit, it must be you prefer it, like it, and really cannot tell the difference.
  • Benkei
    Oh I'm sorry, I forgot you're incapable of charitable reading anything I write even after I spoonfed you the relevant part from the article that you linked.
  • NOS4A2

The point was made and you desperately searched for some way to dismiss it, but did a poor job of doing so, convincing no one but yourself. Thanks anyways.

According to Biden’s own fuzzy principles, ruling by EO is something dictators do.
  • tim wood
    ruling by EO is something dictators do.NOS4A2
    Here you're not even meeting minimal standards of reasoning and logic.
  • NOS4A2

Do you believe policy should be reached through a process of debate and deliberation, or by presidential order?
  • Benkei
    Let me rewrite it for you so your tiny reptilian brain can process it:

For creating a task force, for instance? Sure buddy.Benkei

In relation to your reply to

And while the numbers are large, these actions aren't barrier-breaking. They call for the creation of task forces, direct agencies to begin a regulatory process or explore a policy change. — Cnn
  • NOS4A2

Don’t bother. I don’t require bits and pieces of CNN articles to tell me what I should think.
  • tim wood
    I take as granted that some things must be done. Often - usually but not always - by a taking-counsel-with. We here now, however, are subject to an obstructionist party given over to corrupt, short-sighted and destructive self-interest. Sometimes the captain of the ship has to issue orders. And our founders understood this vey well. But you apparently do not. Unfortunately in our system we sometimes choose bad captains, Trump being unspeakable. And the next captain simply has to fix and repair and clean up. People like you who espouse alternate facts and unreal realities not only do not help, but make matters worse.
  • NOS4A2

Anti-Trumpism is still the reigning principle, it seems. I cannot wait to see what other behavior you’ll forgive on such grounds.
  • tim wood
    Anti-Trumpism is still the reigning principle, it seems. I cannot wait to see what other behavior you’ll forgive on such grounds.NOS4A2
    Do you clean your toilet from time to time? Or not? Trump is and has come to represent that which must be cleaned, and you object to the cleaning, because apparently you cannot distinguish between the cleaning and that which needs to be cleaned.
  • Benkei
    I know you make shit up as you go along. So you linked that article in support of a point that it doesn't support and then decide what's in there isn't true. Sure buddy.
  • NOS4A2

Speaking of making shit up as we go along, you couldn’t even get the citation right.

I read every executive order and proclamation, and have done so for the last few years. I doubt you have, but I don’t mind if you quote a line or two from a “CNN” article in lieu of that.

The point is this:

“ In his first two weeks, President Biden has signed more executive orders than most recent presidents did in their first month. He has signed nearly as many executive orders as Franklin Roosevelt did in his record-breaking first month.”

I would prefer to know what you think about that than be given some red-herring about “task forces”.
  • NOS4A2

Your method of cleaning toilets is to drop a big coiler in the center of the bowl and smear it about.
  • Benkei
    I already told you.
  • tim wood
    *sigh* You're the deviant who has cried wolf too often in too many ways. And I really wish you would close your door when engaging in your self-pleasuring activities, because you're disgusting to see.
  • NOS4A2

Right, it’s not Biden it’s the system. Yet it’s Biden abusing the system. The discussion ended when you went into something something task forces.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment