• Jamal
    If you refresh your browser you should see that Kant has been unceremoniously replaced.
  • S
    Bring back Kant, I say. :D
  • Jamal
    I say we're all spending too much time thinking about bloody icons.
  • BC
    Maybe the "philosopher with busted arm" icon? Something iconic, at any rate. A phoenix (out of the ashes... no, too specific and temporal...)
  • Moliere
    Behold! :D

soder-nietzsche-on-the-mountain-top.jpg

I saw this in a wonderful cultural history on Nietzsche, and it was just too perfect a moment not to share. :)

I actually like the Hypatia icon. Of course, I would say that, since i suggested it . But it does look nice, and her death is the result of her being familiar with philosophy and actually trying to teach it -- so there's something nice in that.
  • bert1
    SOCRATES.gif

This is supposed to be Socrates. I guess the artist is emphasising his famed ugliness.

I like Hypatia as well.
  • aequilibrium
    What about Diogenes of sinope? I think he can represent the way philosophy can transform your entire life. Although I did fail a marketing class once.
  • Jamal
    It's Hypatia. F5 to see it if you're still seeing Kant.
  • Michael
    There's really only one option; the philosoraptor.

philosoraptor-t2.jpg
  • jorndoe
    - Love the New Years Eve Nietzsche. :)
    Hypatia is nifty too.
    Could go all weird like the attachment. I like the Hypatia better, though.
    Attachment
    weird (39K)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    How about a simple arrangement of the letters TPF? Whatever font, whatever color, decide upon one to like or live with for about a year so it is consistent across the Internet searches. As it is now, when I quoted a page on TPF on the TPF Facebook page, my options for a thumbnail were Benkei with a beer or nothing. Surely you know which I chose. 8-)
    If not, have you become a follower of TPF on Facebook? If not, consider doing so today!

https://www.facebook.com/The-Philosophy-Forum-1638176023130776/?ref=hl
  • Jamal
    Not really a fan of the initials thing Tiff.

And we should be clear: some people are talking about a logo, but I thought this thread was just about the favicon (though of course they're often the same). The favicon is done. As for a logo and branding, I wouldn't want to be half-assed about it, but I haven't got time for it. In fact, the initials would be okay in a nice font like the one we're using right now in the header (the font is called Lobster), but if we're serious about branding that's out of the question because it's just the default branding of PlushForums: https://plushforums.com/

Not too concerned about it right now. The forum looks pretty nice.

I guess that doesn't solve the problem of what to use right now as the logo on social media.
  • PhilosopherByChoice
    A symbol seems like a logical choice, however, it does not mean its the best. We can always use a lightbulb and a pi sign as a last resort.
  • Mayor of Simpleton

Perfect!
    Attachment
    philosopher (20K)
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.