• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @praxis

I have thought about how helpful it would be to know "why" a TPF member chooses to deactivate their account or when a member is banned and their "side" of it. I am not suggesting that there has to be total transparency but I think it is helpful to actually understand how a member got banned in addition to reading the rules.ArguingWAristotleTiff

First page, three years ago, I stated the above.
    I'm not sure what you are referring to but I would be happy to follow any hyper link you wish to provide and review my positions.

I'm willing to let the record speak for my contributions over the past as well as current. :flower:
  • praxis
    I'm willing to let the record speak for my contributions over the past as well as current.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Your comments in this topic have been few over the years and contain not a single objection that I could find, even when your beloved S was banned. Nothing wrong with that, I just didn't like the self-portrait that you painted of yourself. It rang false, at least as it pertains to this place.
  • Protagoras
    How many people have been reinstated or the mods admitted a mistake over the years? One I believe.

So you either believe the mods are near infallible or that they don't listen or care for any objections...

And the mods favorite method of disingenousness and near gaslighting. Tell the poster objecting they haven't raised any valid objections,then ignore any further discussion.

Transparency and accountability my ass.

And yet they preach about politics and human rights!
  • Ciceronianus
    It's interesting to see who shows up and contributes to this thread.
    — ArguingWAristotleTiff

Not really. Your interest appears to be unwavering support for whatever management does in this context. You mention 'rare disagreement' but I suspect that it's rarer than advertised, and incidents of rebelliousness outside the forum are completely irrelevant.
    praxis

If you think it's not interesting who shows up and contributes to this thread, then you shouldn't be interested in Tiff's comment, nor should you be interested in making any response to it, let alone this one. Perhaps your praxis is passive-aggressiveness, though.
  • T Clark
    And yet they preach about politics and human rights!Protagoras

[irony]Yes. I agree completely. Unfair forum moderation policies constitute human rights violations.[/irony]
  • Protagoras
    @T Clark
    Try reading what I wrote.

It's the way you treat people in everyday life that expresses your character.

And if as a mod you can't be just, then sorry I can't take your talk about human rights seriously.

Nor your talk Mr Clark about "courage".
  • T Clark

I'm starting a pool on @Protagoras - how long before he is banned. I put $5 on noon tomorrow EDT. Anyone want to throw in a few Euros?
  • praxis

Interest varies in intensity and focus. For instance, I'm strongly interested in truth. Truth isn't limited to any particular topic.
  • Protagoras
    @T Clark
    I don't need a wager to know you are a conformist.
  • praxis

On the contrary, Clark boycotted the forum for a long period in protest of a banning, if I recall correctly.
  • T Clark
    I don't need a wager to know you are a conformist.Protagoras

• Protagoras
    @praxis
    So what's his problem here then?
  • skyblack
    If you think it's not interesting who shows up and contributes to this thread, then you shouldn't be interested in Tiff's comment, nor should you be interested in making any response to it, let alone this one. Perhaps your praxis is passive-aggressiveness, though.Ciceronianus the White

Well, his-her (@praxis ) obviously is that. But clearly it's more than that. Did you know he-she loves yellow turds? We were talking about it yesterday. Apparently he-she subscribes to the philosophy of the turd, But besides all that it seems attempts at bullying behind anonymity seems to be another practice of our praxis. Wherever there is turd to be stirred, you will find our praxis practicing the art of turd stirring.
  • praxis
    So what's his problem here then?Protagoras

He's a born contrarian. :razz:
  • 180 Proof
    Baden shouldn't have all the fun. Maybe @StreetlightX will show up to wipe this moist turd off his jackboot. :cool:
  • Protagoras
    @praxis
    If your contrary to everything you stand for nothing.
  • Protagoras
    180 with his ethics again!
  • praxis

I was kidding of course. T Clark is one of a rare breed who possesses strong principles AND a good sense of humor.
  • 180 Proof
    Just for you – the proctological suspension of the ethical.
  • Protagoras
    @praxis
    Well,its not on display here.
  • Protagoras
    180 with his text formatted nonsense and insecurity!
  • T Clark
    On the contrary, Clark boycotted the forum for a long period in protest of a banning, if I recall correctly.praxis

Not a boycott. I just didn't want to hang around with you guys for a while.
  • Hanover
    OK gang, this thread is to inform of recent bans and to allow discussion, including disagreement, of it. Nothing is gained from taunting and insult.
  • 180 Proof
    :rofl: [deleted]
  • frank
    drink more bourbon butthead
  • Jamal
    Banned @Protagoras. As well as being a low quality poster and troublemaker, he was likely a returning banned member, although he denied it.
  • Streetlight
    Banned @MikeListeral for low quality posting.
  • Kenosha Kid
    Oh good, that guy was too much. I wondered if it was really Mike Lindell.
  • James Riley

Good. This time I managed to bite my tongue long enough and you came to the rescue.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.