• Leghorn
    Just received such from Mr.Garcia, and questioned him as to why he invited me to visit his website. His answer was contradictory and vague, so I questioned him more. Now I find I need not worry myself with him anymore...

...doesn't break my heart.

He said he was looking to disseminate his “own personal metaphysical persuasion”. I asked him how he knew I wasn’t looking to disseminate my own.
  • DingoJones
    Come on, Foghorn Leghorn? I cant be the first only one that noticed.
  • Banno
    Thanks for cleaning up all that dissemination. Make sure to wash your hands well, with hot water and soap.
  • Leghorn
    Come on, Foghorn Leghorn? I cant be the first only one that noticed.DingoJones

I shed the loudspeaker; all I’m left with is the chick-en.
  • Tom Storm
    I tried reading some of those metaphysical nocturnal disseminations but the pages were stuck together...
  • T Clark
    Come on, Foghorn Leghorn? I cant be the first only one that noticed.DingoJones

Ah say, son...A leghorn is a type of chicken. It is my understanding they came originally from Legorno in Italy. Thus leghorn.
  • DingoJones
    Banned Foghorn
    — Baden

I'm guessing not for the first time.
    praxis
  • Streetlight
    Nah, Leg is some other existing user who recently asked to have his or her name changed to Leghorn because Idk they have nothing better to do and we obliged.
  • Baden
    Banned @JohnLocke for racism, pertaining primarily to an OP he wrote on "the problem of racial mixing" in society.
  • jgill
    Curious. Why remove his thread on academia?
  • Leghorn
    Banned JohnLocke for racism, pertaining primarily to an OP he wrote on "the problem of racial mixing" in society.Baden

Was it the OP itself that was offensive, or something he posted within it?
  • Baden

The whole thing.

There was a racial element to it and not going to give oxygen to banned racists.
  • Baden
    E.g.

"In light of globalisation, race mixing between Caucasian and non-Causcasian groups is increasingly encouraged. The mixing of historically distant racial groups is considered beautiful, especially when viewed through a postmodernist lens where it is thought of as a necessary genetic ‘purification’ to rid the underclass of their genetic inadequacies inside those complex societies. But, science tells us that the offspring of this racial mixing process are likely to have different set of strengths and weaknesses relative to their native ancestors, with a high degree of creative intelligence not being one of them."

"Academia is an example of where such changes are occurring because it is realised that this new population will not be able to participate in it at the rate of their forefathers because they will not possess the historic level of intelligence required to 'achieve' in the historic sense."

:vomit:
  • Banno
    Doubtless the snowflakes will complain about free speech and deplatforming.
  • frank
    But, science tells us that the offspring of this racial mixing process are likely to have different set of strengths and weaknesses relative to their native ancestors, with a high degree of creative intelligence not being one of them."Baden

It's not true. I do creative listening all the time every day.
  • Baden

Already regretting my promise not to talk smack about our dear departed members.
  • Hanover
    Yeah, wow. Not a close call there. Good riddance.
  • Leghorn
    But, science tells us that the offspring of this racial mixing process are likely to have different set of strengths and weaknesses relative to their native ancestors, with a high degree of creative intelligence not being one of them."Baden

Did he offer any evidence for this?

He was certainly creative in either leaving out the indefinite article where it was needed, or failing to make a certain noun plural.
  • Jack Cummins

I don't understand why John Locke was writing threads because he didn't write any replies to anyone's comments. This meant that he was not really involved in any dialogue or interaction on the forum.
  • SophistiCat
    I don't understand why John Locke was writing threads because he didn't write any replies to anyone's comments. This meant that he was not really involved in any dialogue or interaction on the forum.Jack Cummins

He was not alone in this. There is this type of poster who are only interested in their own topics (if even that).
  • Wayfarer
    Basically, a troll.
  • Baden
    Banned @3017amen for disruption, trolling, and ignoring warnings.
  • Baden
    E.g. This kind of thing belongs in kindergarten not a philosophy forum.

That's what you just did baby troll!

BTW, ever thought about changing your icon-emoji thingie!

Otherwise, stay out of this grown-up talk!!!

LOL
    3017amen

If you want to ad hom, try a simple "fuck off" and then be done with it. I can respect that at least.
  • Protagoras
    This is just hypocrisy and double standards.
    I'm not in favour of bannings in general.

Tim wood and 180 proof have both thrown plenty of sustained vitriol at 3017.

In general 3017 was pretty calm. And defending yourself from vitriol Is fair game. Context is very important.

If your reading 3017 amen,your better than the mods and those two I mentioned. Keep up your good work.
  • Baden
    Keep up your good work.Protagoras

Thanks. Will do.
  • Protagoras
    @Baden
    Fuck off.
    There,respect that!
  • Baden

Jokes aside, it's a modded forum. That won't change. But you can report posters that you feel are out of line too. That's the best we can do for you.
  • Protagoras
    @Baden

I wouldn't report posters for ad hom or spicy language. That's not the way I am. I have never called for anyone's banning.

The point is you would have kept amen if he had just swore?

And there are many on this forum engaged in spicy and sustained emotional back and forth. 3017 not really so. Defense is a natural instinct,no?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.