• 3017amen
    What the fuck does it tell you?praxis

Oh okay.
  • god must be atheist
    I asked this before, but if he wants Pigliucci to hear his life story so bad, why doesn't he just email him himself?Artemis

Why not? He may have feared that a private email would not have been intercepted by lurkers everywhere, and read by thousands of complete strangers.

This is not a fact, but a stab at the truth. I may be totally off the target.
  • god must be atheist
    Currently, cognitive science suggests swearing could be a sign of poor character, dishonesty, and other deficient social skills...3017amen

Concurrently, behavoural research suggests that swearing releaves kindey stone pressure, restores dead hair follicles to life (Hallelluyyah!) and mixes mortar for the building blocks of the Stairway to Heaven.

Some of the famous swearers in history:

V. I. Lenin (eeg'ee v huy),
    Inge Merkel (Schweinhunden! Der ganze Rat!)
    The Buddha (I can't believe this shit...)
    Saul, or St. Paul of the Bible (Arsenokoitei)
    The President of the United States of America (I like to grab their ***s; I like to **** with everybody's ****;
    it gives me joy to put my **** in their ****.)
  • Baden
    Eh, I think we're done here.
  • Baden
    Banned @iolo for refusing moderation.
  • Qwex
    It's so much your opinion, moderation of threads.

I wrote a perfectly reasonable and acceptable thread on religious circumcision being a crime.

It was removed because it's your forum but no logical excuse could be/was provided.

It's bad for philosophy to restrict philsophical discussion because one man thinks it's wrong. Whoever removes the threads, are obviously enjoying themselves.

If this insults you, I find that repulsive. It means your hiding from debate with potentially greater minds.

What does that say about what you're running here?

Give people the freedom to discuss, if the thread is unpopular, it will show - you do not know if it's unpopular - the community decides.

Or there is no community; just your heads and slaves.

I just want to know how to write a good thread by this elusive mind's standards.

I'm trying to fit in - I'm being courteous and try to resolve any confusion to my statements. I DON'T be stupid. Any thought on the matter is a hunkered laugh, at most, I say well-thought out - fool proof - information. I accept if you don't agree and I present arguments for my points. The fact I may be banned soon shows a corrupt, opinionated system. It's not philosophy in this scenario, is babyish, small fame.
  • Baden

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/480/site-guidelines

"The above guidelines are in place to help us maintain a high standard of discussion and debate, and they will be enforced. If you feel from the get-go that their very existence impinges on your right to free speech, this is probably not the place for you."

I just want to know how to write a good thread by this elusive mind's standards.Qwex

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/7110/how-to-write-an-op
  • Qwex
    Okay, Baden, but it's not from the get go. All my threads were moderated. I'm not going to mention and argue for them, I'm not refusing moderation. I question only whether one man's mind can decide the standard.
  • Baden

There's a whole moderation team. I am only one of them
  • Qwex
    Ok, well, I'll trust you. Not sure how long I'll last though.
  • Virgo Avalytikh
    I DON'T be stupid.Qwex
  • Qwex

The insulting demeanour of your post seemed more stupid than anything I've ever said.

You saying I have a clept pallate? I don't.

What sort of logic were you expecting me to think? I don't see any argument - thesis - or retort.

So, I'll take the buzz and be on my merry way.

... *hay rolls by*
  • Pfhorrest
    I think Virgo was making fun of the grammar of that sentence, which is a little unusual.
  • Qwex
    It's not that bad. I'm not stupid is too condensating... ^^
  • Baden
    Glad everyone's having fun.
  • Qwex
    Thanks a lot Baden :starstruck:
  • Virgo Avalytikh
    I'm not stupid is too condensatingQwex
  • Baden
    :party:
  • Baden
    Banned @alcontali for religiously-inspired extremism.
  • Artemis

Somehow I'm not surprised.
  • DingoJones

What kinda extremism? Don’t get me wrong, no big loss imo but I only read ignorant, repetitive religious stuff. None of it was extreme that I saw. Whats he say?
  • Shawn
    Extremism?

Stop smoking the crack.
  • Baden

Most recently there was this.

You really want 80 lashes, don't you? ;-)

If you plead that you are only a slave, and they believe you, then the lashing will be reduced to just 40. ;-)

I would love to watch that: 80 vigorously administered lashes. Remember Michael Fay? He got four strokes of the cane in Singapore. If you keep saying that kind of things to random people then one day or the other you will be able to say hello on my behalf to the vigilante who will lash your butt to smithereens! ;-)
    alcontali

And no it's not a joke. He had already been warned for religious misogyny etc.

You're next on the list for continuously posting low-effort OPs in the main categories. I've had to delete four or five in just the last few days. For the very last time, stop doing that.
  • BitconnectCarlos

Who was he talking to when he said that? Whenever someone mentions whipping in conjunction with a winking face my mind can't help but go there.
  • Baden

He wasn't looking for a gf. I can tell you that much.
  • Shawn
    You're next on the list for continuously posting low-effort OPs in the main categories.Baden

Ooo, I feel so motivated. You feel like banning me then do it. If the cognitive dissonance is that strong then so be it.

And, maybe this might come off as a surprise to you but, good threads don't only consist of a solid OP. Like, people can make mistakes, OK?
  • SophistiCat
    Somehow I'm not surprised.Artemis

Yeah. And I didn't even read any of the religion, gender, race or politics stuff, which is what usually gets people into hot water.
  • DingoJones
    And no it's not a joke. He had already been warned for religious misogyny etc.Baden

Ya, his winking emojis dont convince me either. So much for his claims of practicing a peaceful religion.
    So from what I gather you exercise banning because of people not heeding your warnings more than shitty behaviour. Is that right?
  • IvoryBlackBishop
    Regarding

I think he should stop making silly threats of 'violence', such as in the "sexual ethics" thread.
  • Baden

Both. It just depends.

We stopped it for him.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.