• Jack Cummins
    [reply="Changeling;805226"
    I definitely like Underworld, as well as psychedelic dance music, like Orbital and the Ozric Tentacles. I also recommend Daft Punk, especially their last album, 'Random Access Memories'.
  • Noble Dust

Nice pick on the Gnossiennes. More romantic and less modern in a weird way, in comparison to the more popular Gymnopedies, which I love as well. Both equally great to my ear.
  • Noble Dust

You for some reason reminded me of this underrated and very unknown English composer of the time:

• frank
    Nice pick on the Gnossiennes. More romantic and less modern in a weird way, in comparison to the more popular Gymnopedies, which I love as well. Both equally great to my ear.Noble Dust

I really like the tempo of that performance. Some people play it really slowly or quickly. In this performance the notes seem to be describing a semi-random event. It also sounds Jewish to me for some reason.

You for some reason reminded me of this underrated and very unknown English composer of the time:Noble Dust

Cool..
  • Jamal
    interesting. It has the power to take me back through time to the early nineties. It’s as if it was the soundtrack to my life at the time and I didn’t even know it.

It has dated very badly. Is that the music’s fault or the way the music seeped through the culture? I don’t know, but I didn’t even like it at the time anyway.
  • Noble Dust

Do you "agree" with the music I posted? William Orbit is a dude, but I'm getting tired (once again) of these "agree" posts. And I'm not even joking; it truly is a pet peeve. Perhaps I'm just a cranky old man, even though I'm not old. I'm a man of words as well as music, so I guess I would appreciate a more in depth discussion than just whether or not I "agree" with...what?
  • Changeling
    it takes me back to when I was a little kid listening to the soundtracks of weird MS-DOS games.
  • Changeling
    Perhaps I'm just a cranky old man, even though I'm not old. I'm a man of wordsNoble Dust

I'd say you're more of an agreeable man.
  • 180 Proof
    Tina Turner (1936-2023)

"Proud Mary" (4:57)
    Workin' Together, 1970
    writer John Fogerty, 1969
    performers Ike & Tina Turner

original version, 1969
    https://youtu.be/5hid10EgMXE
  • Noble Dust
    Anyone agree?????

• javi2541997
    Anyone agree?????Noble Dust

I like it, good song and bass!
  • javi2541997
    My mood of this morning.

It has passed a while since the last time I have heard this iconic song for melancholics.

• Noble Dust

Thundercat himself is the bass player, so yes the bass is good. The sheer amount of chord changes on the C section is absurd. Fun music.
  • Jamal
    Predictable oldies that I’ve posted before,,,

Great use of Fripp and beautiful spicy harmonies. I couldn’t get tired of the Roches.

Best guitar solo I’ve ever heard (at 3:00):

The best song ever:

Also the best song ever:

This is the one I’m most into this evening:

Actually maybe this is the best song ever:

• Noble Dust

Truenorth is quite good, although it's kind of 3 songs in one. I love the last section.
  • javi2541997
    @Noble Dust

I remember you showed me "nobody here" vaporwave song around the last year. It makes me feel nostalgia while I am alone in my home listening to it.
    Interesting, right? This song can make us feel different moods depending on the context.

• Paine
    This was going down while I was in a small room first reading philosophy:

I wish i had gotten out more.
  • L'éléphant
    Whistling is hard.

• Noble Dust
    I'm a notoriously non-visual person; I don't remember anything about what stuff looks like. I have a hard time understanding visual art, whether paintings or dance or whatever. I've been a huge fan of the below piece since I was in college. This is a version recorded in studio by one dude; he replaced some of the instruments he doesn't play (strings, bass clarinet etc) with keyboards. It sounds like a gimmicky idea, but it's actually an excellent performance of the piece.

For some reason, despite everything, at around 2:35, the first time I heard this piece a very stark image came into my mind: of people (dancers maybe?) dramatically turning their heads and seeing a somehow unexpected sunrise, and then irresistibly moving their bodies towards it with joy. I ugly-cried the first time I had this experience. I'm over sharing, but felt the need for whatever reason. Enjoy, hopefully.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one reason I really love this version of the piece is that Erik's instrumentation and mix brought out elements of the piece that I had never noticed before, which I think is what triggered this whole spiritual experience for me.
  • Noble Dust
    I had zero expectations for the new Sigur Ros album, but this slapped:

• Moliere

Surely I've posted this before -- it's just hitting the good notes tonight for me.
  • Noble Dust

Never gets old. I've been listening to Alice:

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube