• 180 Proof
    "This American Carnage [starts] right here, [starts] right now." ~DJTR45H (from 2017 inauguration to 2021 insurrection)

"Is it Great Again yet? Is it?!" :rofl: (So true ...)
  • Wayfarer
    US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has accused President Donald Trump, a fellow Republican, of provoking the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

"The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the President and other powerful people," McConnell said in a speech on the Senate floor on Tuesday.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/mob-was-fed-lies-mitch-mcconnell-accuses-trump-of-provoking-riot-20210120-p56vew.html

Indication of which way the wind is blowing. First time he was impeached - and there's nobody else you can say that about - McConnell was dismissive of the whole thing.
  • Banno
    Trump's departing speech: How fast can he back-pedal?
  • Wayfarer
    I am hoping there's a massive purge inside the Republican party, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley expelled from the party and those who voted to overturn the certification sanctioned (at the very least). I don't expect it to happen, but it would be good if it did. There ought not to be Trump mantle for some other wannabee tyrant to pick up.

Oh, and also a public acknowledgment from the leadership that Biden won and that the election was not rigged.
  • Baden

47pit4dhz7y88ozz.jpg

Correct sentiment. (Full article behind paywall).
  • Wayfarer
    Yeah I shell out my monthly five bucks for the Daily Beast. Rick Wilson is surely over the top, but he meets the MAGA thugs on their own level.

That mob beat a police officer to death with a fire extinguisher and flagpoles. They stormed the Capitol to seize power and kill Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi, and others. This isn’t speculation. It’s on hours of video, and in a waterfall of indictments. Mobs seek blood. Trump’s mob sought it that day, and failed.

America is protected by some Providence, be it divine or just the stumbling, ratfuck incompetence of so many of our enemies. The effort to seize the Capitol was a strategic failure and a tactical mess.

Heroic D.C. Police and Capitol Police pushed back the mob and ended the first and let us hope only battle of the Trump Civil War. They protected elected leaders of both parties from assault, violence, and murder.
    — Rick Wilson

Does not mince words.
  • Changeling
    I was hoping 'donald jr' was diagnosed with some form of cancer.

The Twats already sold a book to a bunch of Cunts and will build from there, I imagine.
  • Banno
    Watch; that'll be absorbed and explained by the conspiracy theorists within a few days.
  • Wayfarer
    Nothing can convince stupid people not to be stupid, but they can be righteously deprived of the opportunity to inflict their stupidity on everyone else. As I noted up-thread, the closure of Trump’s twitter account lead to an immediate plunge in media mentions of ‘rigged election’.
  • Baden

:clap: :up:
  • Banno
    The inauguration happens at about four in the morning real time. Here's hoping the wind has ben taken out of the sails fo the insurrection.
  • Streetlight
    Ugh, what a fucking end of a nightmare:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-leaving-office-3m-less-jobs-when-he-entered-worst-record-since-depression-1562737

"President Donald Trump will leave office with 3 million less jobs than when he was inaugurated in 2017, marking the worst presidential job record since the Great Depression. Despite previous claims that he presided over the "greatest economy in the history of our country," Trump's economic legacy was crippled in the last year of his term because of the coronavirus. The jobs report released by U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on January 8 shows his employment record will be the worst in modern American history."

Anyway, to the next impending nightmare.
  • Wayfarer
    Seriously thinking about setting an alarm....nah, but will watch the wraps ASAP, and all strength to them.
  • Banjo
    Trump WAS THE ONLY American President who kept his country out of war during his entire term. Isn't he really a fascist butcher? On the other hand, Obama, who won the Nobel Peace Prize before even farting for peace or war, dropped 26,000 bombs in half a dozen countries in ONE YEAR under his government. He's a saint.
  • Changeling
    Watch this please everyone, really good:
  • Kenosha Kid
    If Christopher Nolan had made a Batman film in which, despite being obviously unhinged, vile and unfit for office, the Joker got a huge number of supporters and became President so he could pardon and release all of the villains of the DCU, I'd probably have thought, "Well, that was far fetched."
  • Kenosha Kid
    It's almost perfect, isn't it. Except that the Joker was an (evil) genius with supernatural logistic skills.
  • Michael
    Trump revokes his own Executive Order from the start of his term that prevents former White House staff from lobbying and pardons Steve Bannon for defrauding Trump supporters out of their Mexico wall donations.

So much for draining the swamp.
  • Baden

Of course, but Trumpsters will never admit that. You could be sitting on a iceberg in the Arctic and they would swear blind you were sunning yourself on the Copacabana. And would probably believe it.
  • Streetlight
    Almost the entirety of the what happened at the capitol was planned on Facebook. Yet no calls to ban Facebook, and everyone fawning over their decision to ban people:

"Facebook not only facilitated organizing for the Jan. 6 event in Washington that culminated in the deadly Capitol riot; it has spent the past year failing to remove extremist activity and election-related conspiracy theories stoked by President Trump that have radicalized a broad swath of the population and led many down a dangerous path.

Throughout 2020, Facebook’s efforts to curb violent activity and disinformation were either too late or ineffective or both. It banned a boogaloo network in June after members of Facebook boogaloo groups were linked to a terrorism plot and murder, but its enforcement of the new policy fell short. Over the summer, Facebook banned militia groups, but it failed to take down the page for a militia event that led to the deadly shooting of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The company’s new crackdown on the phrase “stop the steal” came only after the mob attack on the Capitol."

https://www.techtransparencyproject.org/articles/capitol-attack-was-months-making-facebook
  • Banjo
    When the ex-president's farewell attracts more audiences than the inauguration of his successor, it is impossible to fail to realize that the result of the election is somewhat doubtful.
  • Kenosha Kid
    When the ex-president's farewell attracts more audiences than the inauguration of his successor, it is impossible to fail to realize that the result of the election is somewhat doubtful.Banjo

Trump logic: my mid-pandemic rallies were bigger, so we must have won the election. There were very few people at his farewell speech btw: mostly media, his family and the military he requested.
  • praxis
    There were very few people at his farewell speech btw: mostly media, his family and the military he requested.Kenosha Kid

Fake news, the crowed was HUGE. No ones ever seen a farewell crowd so massive.
  • Ciceronianus
    Fake news, the crowed was HUGE. No ones ever seen a farewell crowd so massive.praxis

I was surprised by some of the choices of music for the event: Journey's Don't Stop Believing, famous for its use in the final episode of The Sopranos (which made it rather apt), and the Village People's YMCA, the use of which I find hard to explain.
  • NOS4A2
    Trump’s reign is officially over. But will the anti-Trumpism persist? What will the hysterical masses do without the winds of Trump directing their moral weathervane?
  • Kenosha Kid
    Fake news, the crowed was HUGE. No ones ever seen a farewell crowd so massive.praxis

It was a beautiful thing.
  • Kenosha Kid
    What will the hysterical masses do without the winds of Trump directing their moral weathervane?NOS4A2

Continue not invading the Capitol, I imagine.
  • Baden
    America flushed the toilet. :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.