• Baden
    Hi all,

Bit late with this "quarterly" fundraiser but the long and short of it is if you have a few bucks to spare, please subscribe or send a Paypal donation directly to . We've been doing OK so far largely thanks to your generosity, but we continue to need a couple of hundred bucks or so a quarter to keep what is now the number one philosophy forum on the net afloat. As usual we'll keep you posted with updates on how we're doing.

Cheers!
  • Hanover
    How do you make a Paypal payment directly to an email address?
  • Baden

You need a PayPal account. There's an option in there to send money to another PayPal account identifiable by the email address. Cheers (Y)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I always was able to send cash (money order) to Paul and he in turned credited my donation to anyone I wanted to turn Green. If there is an administrator that is willing to trust me with their physical address, I would love to donate. In fact I lost bets to Hanover that Paul was the benificary of. So pm me if you are game.
    Thanks for everything you do and for once again giving the Mötley crew that we are a place to call home.
    Tiffers
  • Baden

Thanks Tiff. Best to PM @jamalrob about this as he's the one who pays the bills.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Thank you kindly Baden, I dropped him a note.
  • Hanover
    You need a PayPal account. There's an option in there to send money to another PayPal account identifiable by the email address. Cheers (Y)Baden

I have a PayPal account, but when I click on the link, I just go to my email. All it does is frustrate me and make me think about inappropriate things.
  • Michael
    I have a PayPal account, but when I click on the link, I just go to my email.Hanover

I think grandpa needs Internet lessons.
  • Hanover
    Either that or a God damn P.O. box so that I can send the money the way it has been sent for 5000 years. You guys a bunch of whippersnappers is what you are.
  • Shawn
    Could we put up a small ad from Amazon? I really think its a matter of being pragmatic and have no issues with seeing one quality ad from now and then.

Anyone?
  • Jamal
    No ads here, thank you.
  • Shawn
    Ok, was just a passing thought from an impoverished pseudo philosopher who appreciates this forum.
  • Jamal
    I would pay for the whole thing myself rather than see ads. Thankfully, the minority of members willing to cough up money provide just enough to keep it going, not least the large one-off donations we've had from a couple of people.
  • Shawn

Its just a matter of taste then. But since you run and own the place its your call. Having ads run the place just makes the place self sufficient and not reliant on the donation of the few esteemed members.
  • Jamal
    Be thankful that people with good taste are in charge.
  • Shawn

I am, and thank you and others once again. Ill be sure to add you guys to my Paypal monthly billing account once I'm on disability.
  • Hanover
    For real, if you give me an address, I'll send a check. I don't know another way.
  • Baden

Thanks and for the record I agree 100% with @jamalrob on the ads. That ain't who we are.

Either PM jrob or wait a little and I'll do a visually aided tutorial for you on how to do it the PayPal way.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    How about I send you the money and then you can post it to your PayPal account after your one on one tutorial with Baden?
  • Baden

You mean I may have to actually do that? Bugger.
  • Baden
    1. Log into your account at PayPal.com, select “Pay or send money” and choose sending money to friends and family.
    2. Enter the recipient's email address ()
    3. Enter the amount and click “Continue”

I'll add the pictures in a later century.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff

Well sure, you made the offer and it would benefit our happy home but in light of Hanover's limited knowledge of PayPal, I think step by step pictures would be most helpful. Don't you? 8-)
    Remember how easy it was to read.picture books? Same idea just a different kinda book.
  • Baden

A lobotomized monkey could follow those instructions without visual aids. In other words, yes, Hanover probably does need more help.
  • TimeLine
    For real, if you give me an address, I'll send a check. I don't know another way.Hanover

It's cheque. And those peas in your awkward dinners you post for everyone to see are not considered a vegetable.
  • Hanover
    A lobotomized monkey could follow those instructions without visual aids. In other words, yes, Hanover probably does need more help.Baden

How do you know what a lobotomized monkey would do? My guess is that you're just guessing and you want everyone here to think you have the balls to actually lobotomize a monkey, but I know you'd probably start feeling queasy like a little baby when you started jamming the steel bar up the monkey's nose into his brain.
  • Hanover
    It's cheque. And those peas in your awkward dinners you post for everyone to see are not considered a vegetable.TimeLine

You don't know American, so stop trying to act like some sort of spelling bee queen. I'll have you know that I raised two kids off those mixed pea dinner treats, both of them performing well above the educational standards that have riddled the deep south since cession.

Send me a pic of your food and see how it feels when I ridicule you. When the shoe's on the other foot, you won't be laughing so hard then.
  • Shawn

Drop the double standards, please.
  • TimeLine

My recipes get published. I would not want to further ridicule you by posting them. :-*
  • Hanover
    Hanover's Baked Chicken
    1 chicken cut up
    Season salt (the red kind)
    Salt
    Pepper

Put the chicken in a roasting pan and sprinkle the other stuff on it. Cook at 425 F for about an hour.

Now I've been published.
  • TimeLine
    Do you mean paprika?
  • Hanover
    No, I mean ferocious season salt for all your seasoning needs. kj0kw6v2pmknqikj.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.