• TimeLine

Oh right, the one that contains paprika.
  • Jamal
    I don't really want to receive cash or checks.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I don't really want to receive cash or checks.jamalrob

I cannot say that I have ever heard those words put together in a sentence like that. :-O
  • Michael
    If it helps, he only said "don't really", not "really don't".
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    If it helps, he only said "don't really", not "really don't".Michael

I really need a small version of you that I can carry around in my back pocket that puts words in an order that I hadn't thought of before.
  • Jamal
    A back pocket seems like a reckless place to keep a miniature Englishman.
  • Michael
    I really need a small version of you that I can carry around in my back pocket that puts words in an order that I hadn't thought of before.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Really need a small version or need a really small version?
  • bert1
    I'd really like to know if Hanover managed to make a paypal payment. I'm already stressed and tired and it would be one thing off my mind.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    A back pocket seems like a reckless place to keep a miniature Englishman.jamalrob

Not nearly as reckless as keeping a miniature Englishman in my front pocket would be. ;)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Really need a small version or need a really small version?Michael

See? Your polish on words is blindingly brilliant! 8-)
  • Janus
    How about setting up a bookshop where members can offer their books for sale and give a commission to the site?
  • Agustino
    How about setting up a bookshop where members can offer their books for sale and give a commission to the site?John
    X-) I like it. What would you be selling?

And I suppose we would have to take care of transport if our book gets sold? Or we'd all have to mail our books to jamal, and when they get sold he pays us and takes care of transport, but that would be a lot of work for him.
  • Jamal
    I'd expect to set up an account or "store" with some existing platform to make that stuff easier. Amazon or Ebay or whatever. Don't know how that would work though.
  • Janus

I imagine mailing direct as you do if you sell books on eBay. If Amazon or eBay are not used then it would be financially better for the seller and buyer and The Philsophy Forum. As to buyer protection I imagine the good will engendered by a small online community of like-interested members would be sufficient to ensure honest dealings. That coupled with extreme public shaming and even banning abusers from the site altogether. >:)
  • Agustino
    If Amazon or eBay are not used then it would be financially better for the seller and buyer and The Philsophy Forum.John
    Exactly ;)

That coupled with extreme public shaming and even banning abusers from the site altogether. >:)John
    X-)
  • Janus
    I like it. What would you be selling?Agustino

I always have a few books (mostly philosophy) that I have read and/or am no longer interested in for sale on eBay. At the moment I have 3 Heidegger books and a biography of Foucault. :) I have probably at least a thousand books I will attempt to sell over the next few years.
  • Agustino
    I always have a few books (mostly philosophy) that I have read and/or am no longer interested in for sale on eBay. At the moment I have 3 Heidegger books and a biography of Foucault. :) I have probably at least a thousand books I will attempt to sell over the next few years.John
    Cool - I also sometimes sell mine, but I should sell a lot more than I do. It's just that I'm often worried I might want to come back to one in the future, even though I don't actually have any reasons why I would come back to them atm. I also have a ton of Kindle books (or other electronic format ones) - the only way to monetise those would be to give people access to my Kindle library :P
  • Janus
    It's just that I'm often worried I might want to come back to one in the future, even though I don't actually have any reasons why I would come back to them atm.Agustino

This has always been a bit of a problem for me, too. But finally now, as an old bastard, I am confident that the range of my philosophical interests will no longer change that much.

I also have a ton of Kindle books (or other electronic format ones) - the only way to monetise those would be to give people access to my Kindle library :PAgustino

Yeah, I have a packed Kindle as well. I guess you could sell access to your library but Amazon might get suspicious when download to 'My 15th Android Device' is requested. >:O
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.