• T Clark
    "Galway Girl" is a song by Steve Earle I really like. Here's his performance:

Whoda thunkit, the song is very popular in Galway, Ireland. It's been recorded by a bunch of Irish performers. Here's a wonderful performance in, yes, Galway:

• Noble Dust
    Hans Zimmer watching Gurthrie Govan solo might be the most awkward thing I've ever seen on a stage:

• Seeker
    Hans Zimmer watching Gurthrie Govan solo might be the most awkward thing I've ever seen on a stageNoble Dust

Nothing awkward about it, the man seems to be utterly enjoying the entire thing, as would I I guess, epic stuff.
  • Noble Dust

The way he puts his hand in his pocket and then immediately takes it out and then strokes his chin. He's clearly uncomfortable. He's spent his whole life in a glass box (studio) and then is suddenly on stage in front of thousands of people. He looks like if my dad accidentally ended up on a stage in front of five thousand people. It's like a Steely Dan concert.
  • Noble Dust
    The only indie rock band needed:

• Seeker
    He looks like if my dad accidentally ended up on a stage in front of five thousand people.Noble Dust

Or as I for that matter :sweat:

Self-awareness is hard to get rid off for some of us. I used to have some singing ambitions myself but I couldnt get past the stage-fright so I gave it up eventually. I still sing though but only when there isnt another soul in the vicinity.

p.s.
    Your last post video isnt working.

Video unavailable
    This video is not available
  • Noble Dust

Self-awareness is indeed strange. As a musician, I had stage fright for the piano, but never for anything else; singing in front of people gave me a rush, and still does, theoretically, but it's been pre-covid. Poor Hanz, on the other hand, looks like he's on stage for the first time. Anyway, we can let him be.
  • Noble Dust
    p.s.
    Your last post video isnt working.
    Seeker

Hmm, and now?

• Seeker
    Hmm, and now?Noble Dust

Works.
  • Noble Dust

Dig the Nick Drake by the way.
  • Seeker
    Dig the Nick Drake by the wayNoble Dust

Discovered his music only a few years back. Despite the fact he only left a few albums and wasnt well known at the time of his death (1974) he left an impression for the ages.
  • Noble Dust

For the 1,000th time, what the fuck do you mean by "agree?"? That's not how taste in music works. Everyone likes what they like, and whether or not our tastes aline isn't important; there's no "agreement" or "disagreement"; there's only taste.
  • Changeling
    For the 1,000th time, what the fuck do you mean by "agree?"? That's not how taste in music works. Everyone likes what they like, and whether or not our tastes aline isn't important; there's no "agreement" or "disagreement"; there's only taste.Noble Dust

I disagree.
  • Pinprick
    The only indie rock band needed:Noble Dust

Nah.

By the way, I found this a while back and thought someone like you might enjoy it. Basically a music theory deep dive into NIN and other 90’s alt bands. Mostly over my head, but still interesting.

• Noble Dust

I'm not a Modest Mouse fan; Can't stand dude's voice, but that was ok. I assume it's early period. I can see the appeal. But yeah I don't like this at all.

I want to watch the NIN deep dive, but 40 minutes is a commitment. I will watch soon. Edit: watched a few minutes, and it's great. A testament to Reznor's genius. Also, is she single...
  • Noble Dust

I was a tad toasty last night, so I should clarify. There is of course agreement and disagreement of taste. My issue is that when you ask me if I "agree" with a song, that's a non sequitur. You need to clarify what the agreement or disagreement is about. Are you asking if I agree with you that it's a good song? Then say so. that said,

Agree????!!!!???!!???

• Seeker
    This is one of those typical examples of disliking a character while loving some of his music as this is just too much an awesome track to ignore.

• Changeling
    listening now... pretty good, actually. I agree.
  • Pinprick
    I want to watch the NIN deep dive, but 40 minutes is a commitment. I will watch soon.Noble Dust

I don’t think all of them are that long.

Also, is she single...Noble Dust

Just wait until she says she wants to fuck you like an animal. :rofl:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube