• Jackson
    Always the same with Trump - although you think you've seen the worst, heard the worst, something comes along that is even more despicable than all the many despicable things he's already done. It's a bottomless pit of depravity.Wayfarer

Indeed. Trump is always more horrible than we can imagine.
  • Streetlight
    when Mr. Trump descended into rage, his staff resorted to summoning an aide, nicknamed the Music Man, to play favorite show tunes they knew would soothe him, including “Memory” from the Broadway musical “Cats.”

https://archive.ph/Lv2lc

:death:
  • Michael
    Burying the lede with that quote.

He flung his lunch across the room, smashing the plate in a fit of anger as ketchup dripped down the wall. He appeared to endorse supporters who wanted to hang his own vice president. And in a scene laid out by a former aide that seemed more out of a movie than real life, he tried to wrestle away the steering wheel of his presidential vehicle and lunged at his own Secret Service agent.

“You know, I don’t f-ing care that they have weapons,” Mr. Trump said in Ms. Hutchinson’s telling of the episode. “They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f-ing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the f-ing mags away.”
  • Streetlight
    Maybe, but that kind of behaviour I expect.

Showtune soothing aide tho?

--

Also I have no sympathy with SS agents and the only tragedy in that is that Trump was not successful in lunging for the wheel and dying a fiery death in a car accident of his own making.
  • Agent Smith
    Trump was (going to be) the best thing that happened to Vladimir Putin! :snicker: Putin had Trump wrapped around his finger. Birds Dictators of a feather flock together!
  • Wayfarer
    He’s really f***ed this time. I know, I know, it’s been said before, but there’s no coming back from this.
  • Streetlight
    Do not underestimate the ability of the Dems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

And really if you people really just believed it - like actually believed it - when we call Trump a fascist, none of this should come as a surprise. Like, not one bit of it. Stop being surprised. Stop it.

Even if these hearings revealed that Trump crucified and vivisected children alive in the white house basement, you would still not have earned your surprise and shock.
  • NOS4A2
    Dopes falling for a show trial…again.

• Streetlight
    Lol who cares. I hope they lie about him lots. I hope they make up all sorts of crap about him. And then throw him in a fucking hole for things he didn't do. That would be fine. It would even be preferred.

Again, if Trump didn't grab the wheel of a moving vehicle, there's a name for that - a missed opportunity.
  • Tate
    How could he lunge for the steering wheel? Isn't he in the back of the limo?
  • NOS4A2

He’s Jason Bourne.
  • Tate
    He’s Jason Bourne.NOS4A2

I knew it!
  • ssu
    Yep, both Jason Bourne and now (allegedly) Donald Trump can lift up their fat-asses from the backseat once inside a vehicle.

I'm just wanting to see the film about Trump & Jan 6th. Of course, as this is America, the movie will try to portray everything as very "presidential", not as chaotic and mindless as reality actually was. :snicker:
  • Tate
    Of course, as this is America, the movie will try to portray everything as very "presidential", not as chaotic and mindless as reality actually was.ssu

I don't think so. He'll always be our manic clown.
  • ssu
    I don't think so. He'll always be our manic clown.Tate

If the movie would be done as a comedy, like "The Death of Stalin", it would be far more accurate. But as Hollywood is liberal, they have to portray the seriousness of the threat. Not emphasize the whimsical nature of it all.

But the movie will happen...
  • Tate
    But the movie will happen...ssu

No doubt.
  • Streetlight
    I mean, has anyone given any thought to how this plays out? If the Democrats are successful at establishing that there really was a coup attempt, and if everyone agrees - granting all that - how does this play out?

Because the democrats won't win in 2024. Not under Biden. And they're not going to do anything substantial to Trump other than sing an angry poem at him or something. So when all this becomes established beyond reasonable doubt, and then the Republicans win - there's one single point of significance: the American people will have endorsed a coup.

That's where this goes.
  • ssu
    I mean, has anyone given any thought to how this plays out? If the Democrats are successful at establishing that there really was a coup attempt, and if everyone agrees - granting all that - how does this play out?Streetlight
    If everyone would agree, that would be the end and things would move on. But they don't. There's a lot of people like NOS4A2 that think this all is a huge democratic conspiracy ...and Trump won.

Because the democrats won't win in 2024. Not under Biden. And they're not going to do anything substantial to Trump other than sing an angry poem at him or something. So when all this becomes established beyond reasonable doubt, and then the Republicans win - there's one single point of significance: the American people will have endorsed a coup.

That's where this goes.
    Streetlight
    Americans give their support to the President in office, if the economy is good. If it's bad, vote the other guy. And nothing else matters much. Likely the economy is lousy in 2024, so likely you are correct. The only thing is that the political polarization will just go to even more extremes.

Trump has never tried to "broaden his support", but just has doubled down on his core supporters. I guess many Republicans think the same.

The Borowitz Report: Trump Fears Putin Is Too Distracted by Ukraine to Help Him with 2024 Campaignjorndoe
    Trump being Trump, the narcissist:

“He gave a long speech the other night, and was going on and on about Ukraine and didn’t mention me once,” Trump said. “This should never be allowed to happen in this country.”

Calling Putin “too low-energy” to deal with Ukraine and the 2024 U.S. election at the same time, Trump said that his erstwhile ally had “priorities that are very, very bad.”

“He’s spending all his time spreading disinformation about Ukraine when he could be spreading disinformation about Sleepy Joe Biden,” Trump said. “Quite frankly, Vladimir Putin is a disgrace.”

Trump revealed that he had called the Russian President several times in recent days but that his calls went straight to voice mail.

“When I was President, I could’ve spent all my time invading Canada, but I always took his calls,” Trump said.

2024 Elections, here we come...
  • Mikie
    Cassidy Hutchinson Changes Everything

:rofl:

There’s almost no chance that Trump will be prosecuted for anything. “X changes everything” has been said for 7 years now.
  • NOS4A2

If everyone would agree, that would be the end and things would move on. But they don't. There's a lot of people like NOS4A2 that think this all is a huge democratic conspiracy ...and Trump won.

Dems and republicans of the establishment variety, to be clear. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy because that would entail some cunning and foresight. I think they’re deranged.
  • Metaphysician Undercover

Conspiracy does not require cunning foresight. There's a lot of inept conspirators.
  • Streetlight
    If everyone would agree, that would be the end and things would move on. But they don't.ssu

You're missing my point. They will agree, and still vote for Trump because Biden is inept in a way that is on the scale of tragicomedy. He's completely paralyzed, a walking, talking corpse of a president. And he so because he's a Republican ally through and through.

Everything people hyperventilated would happen under a second Trump presidency is happening under a Biden one. What is the point of that miserable brain dead zombie? This. This is the point. He was put there so all this would happen. This is the point of him.

Americans give their support to the President in office, if the economy is good. If it's bad, vote the other guy. Assu

Lol, another one of ssu's "pulled it from my arse" pseduo-facts. I.e. standard ssu post.
  • ssu
    Lol, another one of ssu's "pulled it from my arse" pseduo-facts. I.e. standard ssu post.Streetlight
    Another standard ad hominem from down under, literally and in figure of speech.

In the 20th and 21st Century usually US presidents have usually served two terms. If they serve one term, there's a problem. Usually it's the economy.

This happened to:

Hoover = the Great Depression
    Ford = the 1973-1975 recession
    Carter = 1980 recession (yes, failed hostage rescue also impacted)
    Bush (Sr) = early 1990's recession
  • 180 Proof
    And the manner of his departure should tell you everything you need to know. No dignity! Just desperation! And delusion! And a despotic disposal to cling to power, no matter the harm to our country ... And what's beautiful is, it was the lying that got him in the end. — commentary: DJT's stunt-double resigns
    :point:

Is Bolsonaro next? Putin catching a bullet soon? Federal and/or state indictments of TR45H by this Labor Day for fuck's sake?

:shade:

An oldie but goodie, from late 2016, that's aged pretty well. In tribute to our banned comrade, @Streetlight

"The Left" = Democratic Party (of Clinton, Obama & Biden)
  • praxis

Nice :up:

Criminals need a fast getaway!
  • 180 Proof
    "American carnage" —> January 6, 2021 :mask:
  • Michael
    Jan. 6 committee notifies DOJ that Trump tried tampering with one of its witnesses, Cheney says

The House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6 revealed that it told the Department of Justice that former President Donald Trump contacted one of its witnesses who hasn’t publicly testified yet.

“After our last hearing. President Trump tried to call a witness in our investigation. A witness you have not yet seen in these hearings,” Rep. Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the committee, said on Tuesday.

“That person declined to answer or respond to President Trump’s call and instead alerted their lawyer to the call. Their lawyer alerted us. And this committee has supplied that information to the Department of Justice,” she added.

I wonder if he left a voicemail. Otherwise how could just calling someone count as witness tampering. :chin:
  • Metaphysician Undercover

With Trump, you know he left a calling card.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.