• Baden

chYnA! :lol:
  • Punshhh
    The problem I see is with consent
    — Punshhh

whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy.
    — Goering
    And that ended well for him.
  • Maw
    It sounds like they are going to keep dropping articles like this.NOS4A2

Wow sounds like the Trump campaign is flailing
  • Mr Bee
    You know, if Obama were president, the economy wasn't in shambles with no relief in sight, 200K people didn't die from a ongoing pandemic, and Trump isn't known for abusing his position in far far worse ways, then maybe the email scandal would've resonated with voters like it did in 2016.

Eh, so much for that October "surprise". Notify me in a week or so when Trump announces a "surprise breakthrough" in a vaccine right before the election.
  • Metaphysician Undercover

I'd say more likely he's going to announce "a miracle!"
  • Baden
    Barr, Pompeo et al are shitting bricks because they know Trump is losing, so they've stopped doing his crazy for him out of fear of future legal repurcussions. As a result, he's ragging all over them every chance he gets, the whole collapsing circus leaving just Trump and a few troll clowns like NOS screaming 'chYnA!' into the vacuum between his base's ears.
  • Baden
    What a fucking retard.

"Retweeting a link entitled "Twitter Shuts Down Entire Network To Slow Spread Of Negative Biden News" – it never happened –Trump said: "Wow, this has never been done in history. This includes his really bad interview last night. Why is Twitter doing this. Bringing more attention to Sleepy Joe & Big T."

Twitter did not do that.

The story was the from the Babylon Bee, a satirical news site. The motto on the Bee's Twitter page says it all: "Fake news you can trust.""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/16/donald-trump-retweets-babylon-bee-attack-joe-biden-twitter/3675923001/
  • Michael
    He recently retweeted a tweet saying that it's not a coup to use the 25th amendment.
  • Baden

Here's something else to add to the mix:

"The FBI is investigating whether emails that were published by the New York Post related to Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, are connected to a possible Russian influence operation to spread disinformation, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The newspaper said in its story Wednesday that it had obtained a hard drive from Rudy Giuliani containing the emails, and that the messages were found on a laptop that had been left last year at a Delaware computer repair shop for service but never retrieved.

The unlikely account of how the emails surfaced raised immediate questions about Russian involvement, particularly because U.S. officials have warned that Russia — which backed Trump’s 2016 campaign through hacking and a covert social media campaign — is interfering again this year."

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-russia-024b553e9a4ffb2716286dd134876f8a

Likely then that NOS is spreading Russian misinformation. What a surprise...
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Likely then that NOS is spreading Russian misinformation.Baden

Speak the obvious.
  • Maw
    Wow can't believe NOS hasn't posted about the latest devastating NYPost hit piece on Joe Biden, here is an excerpt:

A raw series of text messages show Joe Biden offering fatherly comfort as his son, Hunter, lamented from a rehab facility about being a “f–ked up addict who can’t be trusted” and had damaged his dad’s political career.

The intimate family exchange took place on February 24, 2019, two months before Joe launched his campaign for the White House.

“Good morning my beautiful son. I miss you and love you. Dad,” the elder Biden wrote at 6:57 a.m.

Joe's campaign will never recover from this.
  • Benkei
    Possibly the first thing I read about Biden that makes me proud of him.
  • SophistiCat

U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The information that Giuliani sought in Ukraine is similar to what is contained in emails and other correspondence published this week by the New York Post, which the paper said came from the laptop of Hunter Biden and were provided by Giuliani and Stephen K. Bannon, Trump’s former top political adviser at the White House.WaPo
  • Erik
    After watching the video in the linked article I think the title is misleading, and a more accurate description would be "Trump Jokes That He May Leave the Country if He Loses to Biden."

I don't like Trump - joking about it may even be worse than floating it as a genuine possibility - but I do think the truth is important and I find it insulting when others (regardless of who they are or what they claim to stand for) try to deceive us.

Edit: OK, I just watched it a couple more times and it's less clear to me that he was joking. Hard to say with this guy.
  • Baden
    The funniest thing is the idea it's a 'threat'.
  • Mr Bee
    OK, I just watched it a couple more times and it's less clear to me that he was joking. Hard to say with this guy.Erik

General rule of thumb is that the more horrifying the thing he said, the more serious he's likely being. Injecting disinfectant into people? Totally serious. Leaving the country? Too good to be true so probably a joke.

Oh yeah, and he usually claims that the thing he said was "sarcasm" later to "own the media" when he's being serious so watch out for that too.
  • Baden

4d cHeSs.
  • Streetlight
    I hope to hell he doesn't 'leave the country' because that means some other poor miserable sod country is going to have to deal with that fuck. Americans can keep their trash.
  • Erik
    Good point. The first time I watched the self-deprecation and the mockery of Biden and the crowd's laughter combined to create the impression that he was clearly joking.

But the next time I watched he seemed to get serious (at least as serious as he can get) when he said that he may need to leave the country if he loses.

After watching a couple more times I'm almost convinced that he was being serious at the end if not the beginning; like he was wondering out loud if he was going to be forced to leave if Biden wins, and not just out of embarrassment.

Granted I have a tendency to over-analyze.
  • Erik
    For sure. I was originally so focused on the possible deception in the title that I didn't notice its humor.
  • Erik
    4d cHeSs.Baden

Some of the things Trump says (and does) appear to be so devoid of thoughtfulness or even cynical strategic calculations that you're led to assume he *must* be playing some sophisticated game that you're not smart enough to understand. Then, after waiting for him to surprise you with some brilliant move that never materializes, it hits you: he's just not a very intelligent guy and even his vaunted "instincts" are greatly exaggerated.
  • Baden

Yes, he's a blowhard and must be the most intellectually lazy President the U.S. has ever had. I expect most Americans would agree with a little reflection but too many mistake his braggadocio for strength and that leads to much over estimation on every level. He's essentially someone's dumb uncle that accidentally became President.
  • Erik
    Absolutely, Baden. There's a strong streak of anti-intellectualism that runs through American history dating back to the Great Awakening and Trump fits in with it perfectly.

I don't think he's capable of articulating in the most basic of terms his position on, say, ACB's judicial philosophy, and why he thinks that'll make her a competent SC judge. He has no clue and absolutely zero interest in those sorts of things.

I mean, you don't need to be an intellectual heavyweight to be an effective president, of course, but I do think you should have at least a general (i.e. non-specialized) grasp of, and interest in, relevant political, cultural, historical, and geostrategic issues.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    I believe that Europe as well as the rest of the world needs to place a travel ban for the 'Typhoid Mary of Stupidity' immediately.
  • NOS4A2
    Source on alleged Hunter Biden email chain verifies message about Chinese investment firm

One of the people on an explosive email thread allegedly involving Hunter Biden has corroborated the veracity of the messages, which appear to outline a payout for former Vice President Joe Biden as part of a deal with a Chinese energy firm.

One email, dated May 13, 2017, and obtained by Fox News, includes a discussion of “remuneration packages” for six people in a business deal with a Chinese energy firm. The email appeared to identify Hunter Biden as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” in an apparent reference to now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Co.

The email includes a note that “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.” A proposed equity split references “20” for “H” and “10 held by H for the big guy?” with no further details. Fox News spoke to one of the people who was copied on the email, who confirmed its authenticity.

Sources told Fox News that "the big guy" is a reference to the former vice president. The New York Post initially published the emails and other controversial messages that Fox News has also obtained.

This story is getting crazier. Looks like “the big guy” has some explaining to do.
  • Mr Bee
    This story is getting crazier. Looks like “the big guy” has some explaining to do. — Literally every news story for the past 4 years
  • _db
    You know what? Running against the worst candidate in the history of American politics puts pressure on me. Could you imagine if I lose? My whole life—what am I going to do? I’m going to say, I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics! I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know.” — Donald Trump

He's in full panic mode.
  • Pfhorrest
    Source on alleged Hunter Biden email chain verifies message about Chinese investment firmNOS4A2

Russian-fabricated documents mention actual (unspecified) person who will swear that they are true. Film at 11.
  • NOS4A2
    Mr. Lude (Wang DingGang), a Chinese dissident, has been making some huge accusations regarding the Bidens and the CCP.

(Given his ties to Guo Wengui, Steve Bannon and Rudy Giuliani, Lude is immediately suspect as an anti-CCP propagandist, and everything he says could be an influence ploy.
    So I post this not to convince anyone, but to make aware some of the efforts of Trump’s close allies. It would be interesting to see if this rears it’s head in the media within the next couple weeks.)

Here is a recent picture of Lude with Giuliani, Bannon, and Chinese virologist Li-Meng Yan. Bannon has been working with Chinese dissidents for quite some time.

Eke2DjEXIAYvrs5?format=jpg&name=large
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.