• BitconnectCarlos
    It's surprising to me that the odds across betting sites are only 65-35 in favor of Biden. FiveThirtyEight has a pretty clear projection of Biden winning and while it seems Trump could win he seemingly has no margin of error and needs to win in basically all the swing states. In any case 65-35 is not a sure bet at all. For the poker players out there that's basically the equivalent of getting it all in against a flush draw. Hillary was around a 70% favorite if I could recall. People just see "favorite" and they think it's a sure thing but people are bad with probabilities.
  • Baden

Trump ranting crazily about China and irresponsibly claiming the drug he took is both new and some kind of cure for the virus (because he's desperate at being so far behind in the polls) is indeed peak Trump. Sad and pathetic to watch.
  • Baden

I already have a couple of bets on this and may put more on. Trump supporters think bumper stickers and yard signs predict the election better than polls. It's easy money.
  • BitconnectCarlos

Well I'm living in Massachusetts so a Trump yard sign or bumper sticker is a rare sight here. I actually bet on Trump with a friend last election and I was able to get 10:1 on it which worked out nicely. No one expected him to win but if someone's giving me those kind of odds who am I refuse?
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Boy I can't wait until the next debate. It will be like the last one except literally on steroids.Mr Bee

I recommend drug tests.
  • Streetlight
    Yes, probably something to do with the fact that there were fucking Nazis in government you fucking numpkin.

Greece knows how to treat fascists - you cave their fucking heads in and you destroy any organizational power they have.
  • Baden
    Left-wing and anarchist extremists engaged in violent confrontations with far-right sympathisers and, to a lesser extent, targeted representatives and premises of right-wing political parties.

TerrHerorism

(Greek right wing =
    pfyfhs036knzdpqd.jpg)
  • NOS4A2

I think in order for Trump to win, he cannot win by just a narrow margin, but decisively, or else they are going to contest the election, demand recounts etc.

In other words expect a shit-show worse than 2000.
  • Mr Bee
    Don't count him out just yet. What I see on your map representing Arizona is inaccurate as far as I can tell. There are a sea of Trump flags down the street but then again, as I have expressed in the past, we take our rights seriously and Beto O'rourke is what keeps people around here awake at night.
    There might be a shred of truth to the silent supporters that will rise up on election day.
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

If there are silent supporters then they wouldn't be putting up flags or putting bumper stickers on their cars like that, no? In fact, if anything that may suggest silent democrat voters if the community is very vocally right. The "silent voter" phenomenon if that is a thing goes both ways and varies on a case by case basis. Honestly, given how well "silent" and "peaceful" Trump supporters can be, I can imagine not wanting to put up a sign next to them.
  • Baden

:lol:

I've taken shits with more integrity than Pence.
  • Baden
    I have to be honest, I don't like either of them. Pence is considerably more vomit-inducing, but I'm just going to call it a draw and not watch any more.
  • VagabondSpectre
    The words right out of my mouth...

Watching or even just listening to either of them is inexplicably grating.
  • VagabondSpectre
    On second thought, it's totally explicable:

Both of them are spineless attention-seeking homunculi who will do, say, and dance through any feces-based ritual in pursuit of popularity with the gaping masses...
  • Baden
    Going back to reading my book about the upcoming world economic implosion. Much less disturbing.
  • Baden
    I've taken shits with more integrity than Pence.Baden

The fly apparently agrees with me. :lol:

fvbn1hf0qhsw33se.jpg
  • Mr Bee
    Every 4 years the fly decides who loses the election:

57faf6468109eef7018b46ca?width=1200&format=jpeg
    pencefly_10072020getty_0.jpg
  • _db
    Kamala :fire:

Thank god the cavalry finally arrived
  • 180 Proof
    :up: :meh:

I've taken shits with more integrity than Pence.
    — Baden

The fly apparently agrees with me. :lol:
    Baden
    :rofl:
  • Punshhh
    It's a gift from God, the virus. The snake oil salesman is back. He's found the cure, he's going to give it to everyone for free. If God hadn't given him the virus, no one would have known about his miracle.
    Hallelujah!
    Make America Great again!
  • Benkei
    I zoned out after 30 seconds. I like my speakers to have more charisma than a sack of potatoes.
  • Echarmion
    There might be a shred of truth to the silent supporters that will rise up on election day.ArguingWAristotleTiff

I think it will be close because I do think that it is an reality that many might say that they vote Biden in a poll and then vote Trump.ssu

No evidence of a significant group of "shy Trump supporters" was ever produced.

But who knows, Trump can get re-hospitalized and Joe Biden can get a stroke next week or something.ssu

The operative question now isn't whether Trump will win the popular vote (his chances are in the single digits). It's how state electors will be appointed and how they will vote.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Hey... we're talking Republican campaign strategy.

At worst he fakes his death, then suddenly reappears after 3 days.

It's been done before and mankind has suffered the consequences for such fake news since over 2000 years.

Popcorn anyone?
    Mayor of Simpleton

Close enough... (Casandra approved message, but who cares...)

qbn1nqejtmvui3nu.jpg
  • ssu
    No evidence of a significant group of "shy Trump supporters" was ever produced.Echarmion
    Let's see how well the polls predict the election results. We'll see then.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    He's found the cure, he's going to give it to everyone for free.Punshhh

And China's going to pay for it!
  • Benkei
    Polls are flawed because pollsters have to make judgment calls about who they think are likely to vote. And considering historic low voter turnout in the US, that's probably a very vague science.
  • Echarmion
    Let's see how well the polls predict the election results. We'll see then.ssu

Shots will be fired (figuratively and possibly literally) before that will be known with any certainty.

Polls are flawed because pollsters have to make judgment calls about who they think are likely to vote. And considering historic low voter turnout in the US, that's probably a very vague science.Benkei

According to fivethirtyeight, polling errors have been fairly stable, there is no indication of some huge systemic flaw.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.