• tim wood
    The facilities with “cages” were set up during Obama’s term.NOS4A2

To meet a need. Not for caging children. And you're defending this why?
  • 3017amen

for racism in varying circles of Trump supporters, I cannot find any connection, ideological or otherwise, to Trump’s agenda, and I think that’s the reason many of the racist activist types are disillusioned with Trump. In the end they’ve been duped by the Dems and their media wing.NOS4A2

Surely you're joking! I thought the guy was found guilty of discriminating against African-Americans in his rental properties? Any current efforts to disguise his racism won't last long, it's just a political smokescreen to get elected.

Oh, and by the way, just one of many problems with dumper-trumper; did Mexico ever directly pay for the wall and isn't he part of the swamp now? After all, he pardoned his buddy Rodger Stone didn't he... LOL
  • praxis
    Another unhinged one that seems like it should actually work against them. An ivy-league elite telling the masses that they're enslaved and too moronic to think for themselves.

• Maw
    Tucker Carlson is openly defending a 17 year old murdering protesters, I don't think people are aware of how bad things will be in November.
  • NOS4A2

I’m trying to argue that it isn’t as nefarious as you make it out to be. Photos of Obama era “children in cages” were shown to great effect in order to malign the Trump administration’s reasoning, which apparently laid absent from your thought.
  • Benkei
    I zoned out when she said "I urge you to judge based on results..."

Trump hasn't done shit. So no need to hear the rest.
  • praxis

Then you missed the best part:

Why is one viewpoint promoted while others are hidden?

The answer is control -- and because division and controversy breeds profit.

Somehow her adoring fans are able to overlook the fact that both left and right leaning media profits from divisiveness and controversy, and that her own father strategically uses division and controversy for personal gain and at the expense of the country at large.

Photos of Obama era “children in cages” were shown to great effect in order to malign the Trump administration’s reasoningNOS4A2

I believe they were shown to illustrate the results of enforcing a morally dubious policy.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Tucker Carlson is openly defending a 17 year old murdering protesters, I don't think people are aware of how bad things will be in November.Maw

I'm waiting but I don't foresee things getting better before they get worse.
  • Ciceronianus
    Such a long thread. Damned if I'll read it all.

The comparisons with Hitler and Mussolini have become tiresome. Besides, Mussolini actually read books, and even wrote a novel.

But has anyone noted the remarkable resemblance to Sinclair Lewis' Senator Windrip?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRxfJ8leyD4YZZfwQ8vTdD0gd-psBwhNKLGSA&usqp=CAU

Or, even more striking, to Kaiser Bill, as described by Thomas Nipperdey?

"... hasty, restless, unable to relax, without any deeper level of seriousness, without any desire for hard work or drive to see things through to the end, without any sense of sobriety, for balance and boundaries, or even for reality and real problems, uncontrollable and scarcely capable of learning from experience, desperate for applause and success, romantic, sentimental and theatrical, unsure and arrogant, with an immeasurably exaggerated self-confidence and desire to show off..."
  • Wayfarer
    So the entire content of the RNC was: Trump Is The Best. No policy, no ideas, no content other than fear-mongering and a cavalcade of lies and delusions. A bunch of losers saying how great Trump is, and how terrible Biden is. That was the entire show, the whole enchilada. :angry:

//ps// I'm sure the producers of the original Planet of the Apes had premonitions of both jnr Trumps.//
  • _db
    So the entire content of the RNC was: Trump Is The Best.Wayfarer

Correction: "America is the best, and nobody has done more to protect and advance it than President Trump."

:vomit:
  • Benkei
    50% of the population of the "greatest" country in the world are deathly afraid of a lot of things. Communists, Mexicans, black people, the Chinese...
  • 0 thru 9
    So the entire content of the RNC was: Trump Is The Best. No policy, no ideas, no content other than fear-mongering and a cavalcade of lies and delusionsWayfarer

Yep, definitely. I idly wonder if “Covid Never Happened” how their spin would have been different. Probably much more positive: “the Economy is great! I fixed NAFTA! I stopped all wars and drained the swamp!” (Balloons fall, flags wave, the Chump die-nasty poses for the royal photo.)

But Covid (and the BLM protests) happened, and cut through the administration like a hot knife through butter. Every weakness was exposed. The mask dropped. The totalitarian face is seen. Chump is sweating armor-piercing bullets.
  • 0 thru 9
    50% of the population of the "greatest" country in the world are deathly afraid of a lot of things. Communists, Mexicans, black people, the Chinese...Benkei

Well... I heard on talk radio (the Lush Rimbaud show, so you know it MUST be true)... that there’s a giant 30 foot tall Black Chinese Commie living in Mexico right now! He is impervious to police brutality and is amassing followers to bring down the great USA out of pure spite, jealousy, and ignorance. Then they will rule over the smoking ashes. That’s why the wall must be built! At least 50 feet high so he can’t jump over it and terrorize the good people and patriots of Texas. A moat with Great White sharks (how’s that for symbolism?) on the Mexico side. A parade of gun and flag waving True Patriots on our side. (Canada- you’re next, ya pinko potheads!)

(Dang, it is difficult to parody the garbage spewing from the Righteous Wing. It’s like trying to go faster than the speed of light, or attempting to do the limbo underneath a brick wall. :grimace: )
  • Benkei
    :rofl: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-no-new-2020-platform-trump-agenda

The "greatest democracy" in the world has a two party system where one party isn't even capable of formulating policies anymore.
  • NOS4A2
    Of course belligerent mobs threaten RNC attendees as they leave the event.

This is persecution. Welcome to the United States of Portland.
  • Ciceronianus
    John Galt wouldn't have hair like that. I suppose that even fans of Ayn wouldn't like things rough all the time, though, and he should be left alone to say whatever he likes, poor fellow.
  • praxis

A well known 'clean' American comedian. Think Hot-Pocket...
  • Michael
    The microwave sandwich thing?
  • Enai De A Lukal

And I thought liberals were the ones who were supposed to be the "snowflakes"! Yikes that's pathetic. Crying because someone said something that hurt you in the fee-fees: boo-fucking-hoo.
  • praxis

It's notable because someone in Gaffigan's position doesn't lightly mess with their branding and potentially alienate a segment of their audience. On the other hand, maybe he's ready to go in another direction and is like fuckit.

• NOS4A2

Being threatened by a mob is a little different than feeling threatened by tweets and ideas.
  • Metaphysician Undercover

Trump has really made America great.
  • Enai De A Lukal

Nice try, but the couple "harassed by unhinged protesters" weren't being threatened by any mob, they were being shouted at by a girl holding up a cell-phone.

So, total snowflakes, having their fee-fees hurt by naughty words. Yet another amusing instance of rightwing hypocrisy (see also: rightwingers- including/especially Little Donnie Dotard himself- "cancelling" companies, professors, etc for wearing anti-Trump shirts, criticizing Trump, criticizing Israeli settlement/apartheid policies, etc... while crying about "cancel culture" out the other side of their mouth- doh!).

Its always projection and hypocrisy with these clowns, they rarely even attempt to hide the double standard, just outright demand to play by different rules. And so it is here.
  • NOS4A2

It’s called harassment and you blame the victims. I’m sure you do so without hypocrisy.
  • Enai De A Lukal

Did I "blame the victims"? Not at all. I didn't blame the couple in the video: I said nothing that even implied as much. I just pointed out the usual double-standard, the amusing and persistent hypocrisy of rightwingers delight at accusing other people (i.e. on the left) of being "snowflakes" who get "triggered" and need their "safe spaces"... but then turn around and throw a crybaby tantrum when someone says some naughty words to them. As with poor Dotard himself, you can dish it out, but not take it (not without melting down at any rate). And similarly with free speech and "cancel-culture" (and probably plenty of other things besides): for all your whining, you're as guilty as anyone else and in many cases quite a bit more so.

I mean, I understand that you don't put any stock in things like basic logical consistency, but it would help your credibility if you would at least attempt to disguise the double-standard.
  • NOS4A2

Did I "blame the victims"? Not at all. I didn't blame the couple in the video: I said nothing that even implied as much. I just pointed out the usual double-standard, the amusing and persistent hypocrisy of rightwingers delight at accusing other people (i.e. on the left) of being "snowflakes" who get "triggered" and need their "safe spaces"... but then turn around and throw a crybaby tantrum when someone says some naughty words to them. As with poor Dotard himself, you can dish it out, but not take it (not without melting down at any rate). And similarly with free speech and "cancel-culture" (and probably plenty of other things besides): for all your whining, you're as guilty as anyone else and in many cases quite a bit more so.

I mean, I understand that you don't put any stock in things like basic logical consistency, but it would help your credibility if you would at least attempt to disguise the double-standard.

Though there might be right-wing mobs out there swarming and harassing people, I am personally not aware of any who suggest or condone doing so, especially not Trump and certainly not myself. So your claims of hypocrisy are nonsense.
  • Benkei
    Trumptards go out and kill protesters and then whine about protesters yelling "Breonna Taylor" in Rand Paul's face. So there we have it, protests are threatening to them.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.