• Enai De A Lukal

There was no mob in the video. Just a girl saying mean words. And you're here crying about "intimidation by a mob" and "harassment" and "my poor bum it hurts so much". You've proven my point: rightwingers can dish it out, but can't take it without throwing a tantrum and crying victim.
  • Enai De A Lukal

Exactly. Without fail, its always projection + hypocrisy with these rightwing crybabbies.
  • Maw
    Of course belligerent mobs threaten RNC attendees as they leave the eventNOS4A2

Counter-argument: fuck 'em
  • NOS4A2

There was no mob in the video. Just a girl saying mean words. And you're here crying about "intimidation by a mob" and "harassment" and "my poor bum it hurts so much". You've proven my point: rightwingers can dish it out, but can't take it without throwing a tantrum and crying victim.

There are more videos. I’m not right wing either.
  • Streetlight
    NOS is whatever wing Trump decides to be on the day. Our resident prostitute.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Though there might be right-wing mobs out there swarming and harassing people...NOS4A2

The police.
  • Baden
    Trumptards go out and kill protesters and then whine about protesters yelling "Breonna Taylor" in Rand Paul's face.Benkei

Exactly, anyhow...

NOS is whatever wing Trump decides to be on the day. Our resident prostitute.StreetlightX

So who cares what he comes out with. He'll be gone after Trump loses in November.
  • Enai De A Lukal
    No doubt. More videos, shifting goalposts, changing the subject. Its remarkable the flexibility bad faith grants one in an argument, eh?

And of course you're a rightwinger: your posts are publicly viewable: if you want to (credibly) claim to not be a duck you probably shouldn't be waddling + quacking where everyone can see.
  • Streetlight
    after Trump loses in NovemberBaden

You're more optimistic than I - I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Maw
    I'm just going to drink heavily, watch a movie on election night, and turn my phone off why torture myself through it
  • Baden
    So, nobrainnolife has returned as @Zaphod11... Stupidities deleted.
  • ssu
    No matter what happens in the elections, the house divided will stay divided, that's for sure.

And the pleasant atmosphere will continue... :mask:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    No matter what happens in the elections, the house divided will stay divided, that's for sure.ssu

I tend to disagree to the extent that "the house divided, will stay divided" for I went through one two many divorces as a child to know that if a house is divided too far, for too long, the house will fall.

Having said that: as I push through college to become a Social worker, I have had to table a program that works in tandem with the police department, because no one is going to have faith that peace on the street can be achieved by a group of social workers, without weapons, being able to deescalate the mood.

That is a division that might not heal. One that gives me heavy heart.
  • praxis
    No matter what happens in the elections, the house divided will stay divided, that's for sure.ssu

It would undoubtably be far less divided without the orange Divider-in-Chief continuously inflaming the situation. I’m sure he would still be vocal but like a canceled reality tv show, he’d no longer be in the spotlight.
  • ssu
    It would undoubtably be far less divided without the orange Divider-in-Chief continuously inflaming the situation.praxis
    The divide can be less inflammatory, but it still does continue: the whole political system depends on it.
  • ssu
    Having said that: as I push through college to become a Social worker, I have had to table a program that works in tandem with the police department, because no one is going to have faith that peace on the street can be achieved by a group of social workers, without weapons, being able to deescalate the mood.

That is a division that might not heal. One that gives me heavy heart.
    ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Tiff, it's very sorry to hear that because I have found you to be a positive person on the forum.

I do notice also that even the Forum has become a bit hostile. It might be just me, of course...
  • DingoJones

No I agree with you. Forum has been a bit toxic of late.
  • NOS4A2

I‘be been missIng your insight as of late, friend.
  • ssu

Oh, things like having to do some work has gotten away with spending time here arguing with people. :wink:

No I agree with you. Forum has been a bit toxic of late.DingoJones
    And that's too bad, because this forum is a bit of a mirror to our times. As usually it's the more informed people here.
  • NOS4A2
    The whisteblower — whose identity, rap sheet and long history working as a consultant to various campaigns were confirmed by The Post — says he not only changed ballots himself over the years, but led teams of fraudsters and mentored at least 20 operatives in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania — a critical 2020 swing state.

Confessions of a voter fraud: I was a master at fixing mail-in ballots

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/political-insider-explains-voter-fraud-with-mail-in-ballots/
  • Michael
    Justice Dept. Never Fully Examined Trump’s Ties to Russia, Ex-Officials Say

The former deputy attorney general maneuvered to keep investigators from completing an inquiry into whether the president’s personal and financial links to Russia posed a national security threat.

Right, because that isn't important at all...

Oh no, wait, it is:

Senate report details security risk posed by 2016 Trump campaign’s Russia contacts

Also new today:

Trump offered FBI director job to John Kelly, asked for loyalty

But the president added something else — if he became FBI director, Trump told him, Kelly needed to be loyal to him, and only him.

Trump sure likes his corruption.
  • creativesoul
    For the sake of argument alone...

What would a Trump presidency look like if he were compromised?
  • RogueAI
    For the sake of argument alone...

What would a Trump presidency look like if he were compromised?

I'll play Devil's Advocate: it wouldn't look like missiles to the Ukranians and killing a top Iranian general.
  • NOS4A2
    Someone executed a “Blue lives matter” protester in Portland.

• Benkei
    And here is at last the epitome of the partisanship of a Trumpster. Never mind all the protesters killed over the past months but if it's one of their own...

The MSM reports on both but they're so biased, right?

Disgusting.
  • NOS4A2
    Someone walks up to a protester, a so-called Trump supporter, executes him, and rather than condemn the act we condemn the partisanship. Brains rotting from the inside out.
  • NOS4A2
    A possible suspect in the murder, a 48 year old self-avowed Antifa reprobate, is under investigation for the fatal shooting.

On June 16, he wrote, “Every Revolution needs people that are willing and ready to fight. There are so many of us protesters that are just protesting without a clue of where that will lead. That’s just the beginning that’s that where the fight starts. If that’s as far as you can take it thank you for your participation but please stand aside and support the ones that are willing to fight. I am 100 % ANTIFA all the way! I am willing to fight for my brothers and sisters! ... We do not want violence but we will not run from it either! ... Today’s protesters and antifa are my brothers in arms.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/08/man-under-investigation-in-fatal-shooting-after-pro-trump-rally-allegedly-took-loaded-gun-to-earlier-portland-protest.html

In my opinion the “Trump supporters” were stupid to go to Portland. Let them stew in their own pestilence for all to see.
  • Baden

Trump and his influencer supporters immediately manipulating this tragedy to launch a political attack on ANTIFA while tacitly supporting the Kenosha killer. These rats would happily see both sides slaughter each other to keep power. :vomit: :vomit:
  • ssu
    And it will work. How? That's another matter. But the strategy is clear.

Trump going to Kenosha is directly btw. from the NRA playbook.

Looked at Trump's RNC speech, which obviously someone had written as it wasn't the typical Trump
    noise & banter. Some highlights from Donald's speech.

So first, when your country HAS THE MOST deaths from Covid-19, has most cases per capita of the OECD countries and 11th highest death toll per capita, what stats do you refer to?

The United States has among the lowest case fatality rates of any major country in the world. The European Union's case fatality rate is nearly three times higher than ours. Altogether, the nations of Europe have experienced a 30 percent greater increase in excess mortality than the United States.

Now I personally don't know where this stat comes from, but I guess it's about the cases (the US has the most) and the deaths of those who have caught the pandemic. In preventing a pandemic, this isn't the greatest measure of success.

And how do you describe your response and the opposition?

Unfortunately, from the beginning, our opponents have shown themselves capable of nothing but a partisan ability to criticize. When I took bold action to issue a travel ban on China, Joe Biden called it hysterical and xenophobic. If we had listened to Joe, hundreds of thousands more Americans would have died. Instead of following the science, Joe Biden wants to inflict a painful shutdown on the entire country. - My Administration has a different approach. To save as many lives as possible, we are focusing on the science, the facts and the data.

And then even more scaremongering, seems that Joe is eliminating America's borders:

Joe Biden's campaign has even published a 110-page policy platform co-authored with Far-Left Senator Bernie Sanders. The Biden-Bernie Manifesto calls for suspending ALL removals of illegal aliens, implementing nationwide Catch-and-Release; and providing illegal aliens with free taxpayer-funded lawyers. Joe Biden recently raised his hand on the debate stage and promised to give away YOUR healthcare dollars to illegal immigrants. He also supports deadly Sanctuary Cities that protect criminal aliens. He promised to end national security travel bans from Jihadist nations, and he pledged to increase refugee admissions by 700 percent. The Biden Plan would eliminate America's borders in the middle of a global pandemic.

Now there would have been a time when referring to Muslim majority nations to "Jihadist nations" would have lead to an outcry, now it's barely even noticed.

And then what will Biden do, according to Trump, about the riots?

The most dangerous aspect of the Biden Platform is the attack on public safety. The Biden-Bernie Manifesto calls for Abolishing cash bail, immediately releasing 400,000 criminals onto your streets and into your neighborhoods. When asked if he supports cutting police funding, Joe Biden replied, "Yes, absolutely." When Congresswoman Ilhan Omar called the Minneapolis police department a cancer that is "rotten to the root," Biden wouldn't disavow her support and reject her endorsement -- he proudly displayed it on his website.

Make no mistake, if you give power to Joe Biden, the radical left will Defund Police Departments all across America. They will pass federal legislation to reduce law enforcement nationwide. They will make every city look like Democrat-run Portland, Oregon. No one will be safe in Biden's America.

And furthermore:

When there is police misconduct, the justice system must hold wrongdoers fully and completely accountable, and it will. But what we can never have in America -- and must never allow -- is MOB RULE. In the strongest possible terms, the Republican Party condemns the rioting, looting, arson and violence we have seen in Democrat-run cities like Kenosha, Minneapolis, Portland, Chicago, and New York.

There is violence and danger in the streets of many Democrat-run cities throughout America. This problem could easily be fixed if they wanted to. We must always have law and order. All federal crimes are being investigated, prosecuted, and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    When the anarchists started ripping down our statues and monuments, I signed an order, ten years in prison, and it all stopped.

During their convention, Joe Biden and his supporters remained completely silent about the rioters and criminals spreading mayhem in Democrat-Run Cities. In the face of left-wing anarchy and mayhem in Minneapolis, Chicago, and other cities, Joe Biden's campaign did not condemn it -- they DONATED to it. At least 13 members of Joe Biden's campaign staff donated to a fund to bail out vandals, arsonists, looters, and rioters from jail.

This above is the main point of Trump's re-election campaign. Trump did speak about trade and the threat of China etc. In a way, for Trump the George Floyd shooting and the consequences of that is an opportunity.

What happens to social cohesion in America, who cares the fuck about it.
  • Benkei
    I condemn your total lack of morality. I'm horrified by any killing but where was your condemnation these past months? Instead you were justifying police brutality and killings because you were busy labelling protesters as rioters. You do not get to speak on behalf of any deaths on whatever side because of it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.