• Michael
    "I don't know much about the [QAnon conspiracy] movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate."180 Proof

I think the only things Trump cares about is people liking him and making money.
  • Michael
    Steve Bannon charged with wire fraud and money laundering

Yet another Trump campaign official arrested. He sure likes to surround himself with criminals.

Oh, and also Judge throws out Trump challenge to Manhattan DA subpoena for tax records

Marrero wrote that he could not “mechanically credit” the president’s new arguments, likening them to “absolute immunity through a back door.”

Marrero dismissed the case with prejudice, effectively preventing the president from bringing new arguments to the court for why the subpoena should not be enforced.
  • praxis
    I think the only things Trump cares about is people liking him and making money.Michael

That can’t be true. He could be the most ridiculed man that’s ever lived. I think he only cares about attention and money/power.
  • Streetlight
    What's that? Trump is full of shit again?:

"PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP’S campaign, ordered by a federal court judge in Pennsylvania to back up its claims of fraud in the state’s vote-by-mail system, has documented only a handful of cases of election fraud in recent years — none of which involved mail-in ballots. The revelation, which came in the form of a partially redacted 524-page document produced by the Trump campaign last week, undermines the claim by Trump team operatives that mail-in ballot fraud is a grave risk to Pennsylvania voters."

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/20/trump-election-fraud-pennsylvania-court/
  • NOS4A2
    A New Jersey judge invalidated a city council election and ordered a new one after allegations of voter fraud, according to a ruling issued Wednesday.

The May 12 election for Paterson's Third Ward city council was "rife with mail in vote procedural violations," Judge Ernest Caposela said in his ruling, though he left the decision on whether there was voter fraud to the criminal courts.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/paterson-new-jersey-city-council-voter-fraud/index.html

• Wayfarer
    A STATEMENT BY FORMER REPUBLICAN NATIONAL SECURITY OFFICIALS

https://www.defendingdemocracytogether.org/national-security/

10 points about Trump’s incompetence and malfeasance, demonstrably true and illustrated on a daily basis by Trump’s behaviour, statements and demeanour.
  • Michael

No kidding:

Trump Told Homeland Security To Take Its Orders From Lou Dobbs, Former Official Says

President Donald Trump told officials from the Department of Homeland Security to get their marching orders by listening to Fox Business host Lou Dobbs “every night,” former DHS chief of staff Miles Taylor told Anderson Cooper on Friday.

Dobbs, an effusive supporter of Trump, was basically the “shadow chief of staff” for the department, Taylor said in the CNN interview.

“The president would call us and ... he would say, ‘Why the hell didn’t you watch Lou Dobbs last night? You need to listen to Lou. What Lou says is what I want to do,’” Taylor said.
  • 0 thru 9
    Here’s a secret surveillance video of our dear beloved and fearless Leader in his dressing room (he’s adorable in his undies) preparing for upcoming debates with Biden. From the looks of it, the debates should be a doozy with no holds barred. UFC will look like two cranky toddlers in a slap fight by comparison. :snicker:
  • Michael
    In secretly recorded audio, President Trump’s sister says he has ‘no principles’ and ‘you can’t trust him’

Maryanne Trump Barry was serving as a federal judge when she heard her brother, President Trump, suggest on Fox News, “maybe I’ll have to put her at the border” amid a wave of refugees entering the United States. At the time, children were being separated from their parents and put in cramped quarters while court hearings dragged on.

“All he wants to do is appeal to his base,” Barry said in a conversation secretly recorded by her niece, Mary L. Trump. “He has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.”

Barry, 83, was aghast at how her 74-year-old brother operated as president. “His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God,” she said. “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy shit.”

Barry told how she tried to help her brother get into college. “He was a brat,” Barry said, explaining that “I did his homework for him” and “I drove him around New York City to try to get him into college.”

Then Barry dropped what Mary considered a bombshell: “He went to Fordham for one year [actually two years] and then he got into University of Pennsylvania because he had somebody take the exams.”
  • NOS4A2
    Trump dismisses secret audio of sister calling him ‘cruel': ‘Who cares?’

“Every day it’s something else, who cares?” President Trump said in a statement, according to the Washington Post. “I miss my brother, and I’ll continue to work hard for the American people. Not everyone agrees, but the results are obvious. Our country will soon be stronger than ever before!”

Gossip-mongers and their readers care, but that’s about it.
  • Streetlight
    Its' true - everyone and their dog knows that Trump is a wanking fuck-wad, and there's little use for further confirmation. And the results are indeed obvious - the US is a pitiful state, a population ravaged by disease, broken mechanisms of democratic control, corporate capture of government and judiciary, a people resentful and divided, and an international laughingstock.
  • Maw
    That Trump's approval rating is .2 points higher than it was an exact year ago during mass unemployment, a pandemic that has killed nearly 200K people, and a major recession reveals a lot about his supporters.
  • Maw
    The first night of the RNC is completely unhinged
  • Benkei
    clips? I'm not that interested in US politics I watch the DNC or RNC.
  • Wayfarer
    The slogan of the Washington Post is 'democracy dies in darkness'. As one of its columnists pointed out, though, Trump is strangling it in the full light of day! Just as he said - to a hall full of Christian fundamentalists no less - he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue, and it wouldn't make any difference. Depressing, but completely true. He's so shredded anything like standards of decency and polity that he can get away with anything, and does. Hopefully he'll get his comeuppance on Nov 3rd, but I won't believe it until I see it.
  • 180 Proof
    He's so shredded anything like standards of decency and polity that [Putin's Bitch] can get away with anything, and does.Wayfarer
    "The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people." ~MLK, Jr

Not even the Covid dead will be silent on election day. :brow:
  • NOS4A2
    The RNC was a huge disappointment because, unlike the DNC, it didn’t have great performances like Billy Porter.

• tim wood
    Gossip-mongers and their readers care, but that’s about itNOS4A2

That's right, nos4, that's all it is, and that's all we are. Right?
  • praxis

Someone should tell her that effective fear mongering isn’t supposed to make an audience fear for the speaker.
  • Benkei
    It disappeared. What happened?
  • NOS4A2

That's right, nos4, that's all it is, and that's all we are. Right?

I hate to generalize, but yes, pretty much. I have seen little that isn’t gossip, conspiracy theory, or political correctness, all of it compounded by simple election propaganda and celebrity endorsement.
  • tim wood
    Trump tells no lies, hurts no people, on the face of it at least not involved in any number of crimes? Nothing to see here folks, move long?

Question: whose first inauguration was larger, Obama's or Trump's? And as necessary, some twenty-thousand more such questions, and that just from him acting as president. And that just the lies alone. This is a man whose whole life's theme is me-me-me, more-more-more, and hurting people. All the way back. He is a cheater in the worst sense of the word. But no, that's all gossip, conspiracy theory, political correctness, propaganda, and celebrity endorsement. Those children weren't really in cages. And what children anyway. And what pandemic? You mean that has not yet magically disappeared? And those people who died, they just died because they were Democrats and against Trump? Calls to Ukraine? Russian influence? And these just the tip.

And to all of this you have have zero but deflection. The trouble with that is that it is dishonest and a lie, and you dishonest and a liar.
  • NOS4A2

That’s a lie, I have said plenty on all of the above topics. Unfortunately you’re blinded by your hatred, as are most, and you all will tear down this country to defeat the folk devils you yourself have invented. You can break free of this, Tim. It involves thinking for yourself.
  • praxis
    you’re blinded by your hatred, as are most, and you all will tear down this country to defeat the folk devils you yourself have invented. You can break free of this, Tim. It involves thinking for yourself.NOS4A2

Speaking of thinking for yourself, did you come up with the idea that “you all” will ruin everything just to win the election? Sounds rather Trump/Hannity/Carlson-like to me.
  • tim wood
    to defeat the folk devils you yourself have invented.NOS4A2
    I assure I did not invent Trump. You're correct; I have learned to hate the lie and the evil of the lie. I did not learn that from anything Trump. I simply recognize that is what he is. As to "ruin," in what sense? I simply think America should vote for Biden, and that Biden, imo, should institute an inquiry into the truth and lies of the past four years, with indictments and exoneration where appropriate, and lies revealed and made transparent. You on board with that?
  • NOS4A2

Right off the top of the dome. I got more where that came from.
  • NOS4A2

I’m not on board with that. More taxpayer dollars wasted on frivolous conspiracy theories. Have you read Biden’s policies?
  • Kevin
    Have you read Biden’s policies?NOS4A2

I'm looking for these now. Curious - where did you read them (or anyone else here)? Biden's site, a newsletter, Wikipedia, etc?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.