• Baden

When anyone asks me what it is, I just show them this.

c2y3di15nijuhb3z.jpg
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Yes, you guys are over-sensitive to whatever phrases the media sensationalizes for you, and utterly forgetful or blind to anything else he says. I am not.NOS4A2

The problem is that he really doesn't say anything else, other than the ridiculous statements which get sensationalized by the media. That's all they have to go on, one ridiculous statement after the other. You, in an attempt to rationalize these ridiculous statements, refer to things which he hasn't said, as if he had said them, insisting this is what he meant, while cherry picking through some ultra obscure information, trying to defend him. But we all know that president Trump does not have the inclination, nor the attentional capacity to read through reams of documents like you do. And this is why his statements which are probably meant to reference these sophisticated affairs which you refer to, are so far off base and utterly ridiculous.
  • Streetlight
    The irony being that bringing up real facts - like, say, that Obama's drone strikes killed non-combatants 90% of the time and that he's a literal war criminal - would simply be too inconvenient for American empire, so bullshit like an indefineable 'Obamagate' needs to be pushed instead.

Much like the still-to-be-produced 'strong' evidence of COVID's release from a Wuhan lab. I mean, jeez, if anyone wants to call out China, look to the arseholery they're pulling in HK right now. Instead - bullshit upon bullshit, from an adminstration caught - not with its pants down - but without pants from the beginning.
  • Relativist
    Not Even the People Ranting About “Obamagate” Know What It Is -

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/trump-tweet-obamagate-rand-paul-richard-grenell.html

Our little forum being a microcosm lol.
    StreetlightX

From the article, in response to a question "what's the crime?":
    “You know what the crime is,” the president responded. “The crime is very obvious to everybody. All you have to do is read the newspapers, except yours.” — Trump
    This is so very much like the Emperor's new clothes. Only Trump suck-ups see the invisible crime.
  • Streetlight
    Something something life imitates art. What shitty art though.
  • Deletedmemberzc
    When anyone asks me what it is, I just show them this.Baden

Case closed. :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:
  • NOS4A2
    Of course the media class is fixated on the term Obamagate, and not on the reasons for applying that term. Nothing could be more predictable. But it’s simply untrue that they don’t know what it means because they’ve been talking about it for years now. It’s public information and available to anyone with the curiosity.

The Obama administration not only used Russian-sourced, DNC gossip to justify spying on the Trump campaign—American citizens—they used the state apparatus to do so. One of the differences between Obamagate and Watergate is the Nixon campaign didn’t have the technology and access to intrusive data collection, so they had to physically break in to access their opponent’s documents and put bugs on their phones.
  • Relativist
    The Obama administration not only used Russian-sourced, DNC gossip to justify spying on the Trump campaign—American citizens—they used the state apparatus to do so. One of the differences between Obamagate and Watergate is the Nixon campaign didn’t have the technology and access to intrusive data collection, so they had to physically break in to access their opponent’s documents and put bugs on their phones.NOS4A2
    It's an artful construction to refer to "the Obama administration" in this way. In one sense, everything the intelligence community did during Obama's Presidency can be attributed to "the Obama Administration." However, this doesn't imply Obama was directing the activities. That's the sort of construction Trump likes to use when talking about Obama, but of course - he never applies it to himself.
  • NOS4A2

Piddle around with the words all you want.
  • Baden
    I have a feeling Obamagate is going to turn into Ohbummergate when everyone just laughs and walks away. I give it a week, max.
  • Maw
    "Obamagate" is evidence that Trump and the Republicans are nervous about November
  • Relativist
    Piddle around with the words all you want.NOS4A2
    My "piddling" entails using words consistently. You should try it.
  • Streetlight
    Gotta admit it's nice having a forum clown like NOS.
  • praxis
    I tend to think of him fondly as a rascally pet troll.
  • praxis
    You cant have looked very hard.DingoJones

That we need to look hard for bad journalism doesn’t do much to support your argument.
  • NOS4A2
    Guys! The president called me a warrior!

• Benkei
    I also wasn't aware George Papadopoulos was Russian. It was his bragging to Alexander Downer together with the DNC hack that led to the FBI starting the investigation into Trump's team. Russian sourced indeed.
  • praxis
    I thought you said that you weren't Russian.
  • ssu
    "Obamagate" is evidence that Trump and the Republicans are nervous about NovemberMaw
    Well, time to change the public discourse when in a short while over 100 000 Americans will have died in the pandemic, which was under control and supposed to have gone away already according to Trump.

Perhaps they think that what works is what Goebbels said about the English in 1941: "The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."
    t's an artful construction to refer to "the Obama administration" in this way. In one sense, everything the intelligence community did during Obama's Presidency can be attributed to "the Obama Administration." However, this doesn't imply Obama was directing the activities.Relativist

However, within the Trump administration, anyone disloyal to the president is fired. So, this creates the illusion that all government agencies are directly working for the president, even when normal presidents don't generally behave in this unusual way.

Guys! The president called me a warrior!NOS4A2

OMG, the Russians have been given credit! Or is that a disguised request for future activity? Good luck with that.
  • Deletedmemberzc

Keyboard Warriors...There is nobody like you!
    — Trump

Guys! The president called me a warrior!NOS4A2

I wish it were true that there was no one like you. In fact you are a faceless thoughtless compassionless horde.
  • ernestm
    However, within the Trump administration, anyone disloyal to the president is fired.Metaphysician Undercover

I was thinking today, how similar this is to a teacher telling you something that's wrong, then asking you to answer a question about it in an exam.
  • Michael
    However, within the Trump administration, anyone disloyal to the president is fired.Metaphysician Undercover

Trump just fired an Inspector General who just so happened to have opened an investigation into Pompeo.

The blatant corruption of this administration is staggering.
  • NOS4A2
    Here’s a little red meat for anti-trumpists. The Lancet, a medical journal, is getting into American politics, telling that because of the weakening of the CDC and the defunding of the WHO, Americans need to vote in someone else.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31140-5/fulltext

And how is this not fake news? We've been seeing this type of report for years. Has it taken you this long to notice?

You seem to be in the loop, perhaps you can answer this question. Why are the tides turning against Trump? Is it because what the Russians really want is instability in the US, and Trump is just a pawn?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.