• Nobeernolife
    So there was a group of protesters supporting the removal and a group against, and the neo-nazis just happened to be in the neighborhood attending a home decor tiki torch convention or something?praxis

Stop wasting our time and read the transcript.
  • NOS4A2
    I don’t think these people should be fired over these social media posts, but their rhetoric gives a clear window into the soul of anti-trumpism.

NY health care executive fired over posts on coronavirus and Trump supporters

In a conversation with Hauptman Woodward Medical Research Institute Director of Development Lisa LaTrovato, Krolczyk wrote, "Trump supporters need to pledge to give up their ventilators for someone else ... and not go to the hospital."

In response, LaTrovato wrote, "I think they should be the only ones in packed churches on Sunday," to which Krolczyk replied, "They should barricade themselves in there and ride this out."
  • praxis

It was a neo-nazi and white supremacist rally organized by Richard Spencer and Jason Kessler. To say that there are good people on both sides is to say that these are good people.

180328-weill-alt-right-implosion-tease_x4uzz2

Trump is unable to condemn part of his base. It’s just that simple, I’m afraid.
  • Echarmion
    He says it is illegal for unwashed to read Wikileaks. But he at CNN can.Nobeernolife

No. He says it's illegal to own classified documents. Which may well be true. Unless you can prove its false - not a lie.

If you had seen the original raw footage (removed by Youtube) you would see the Hollywood production that CNN staged, complete with directions and pre-printed placards. Still the link I posted show some of it.Nobeernolife

Isn't it convenient that your supposed evidence is removed? Anyways the guy in the interview you linked confirms there was actually a protest ongoing. I am just applying your own standards here - not a lie.

Nope, not an opinion. If you read the transcript, you clearly see that Trump was talking about good people on both sides of the monumet debate, not on both sides of the neonazi / antineonazi fights. This is a blatant lie by CNN, and one of the most despiccable ones.Nobeernolife

I did read the transcript. Just before he makes the comment, he talks about "the left" attacking "the other group". It's a matter of interpretation what he was talking about, but it certainly makes sense to assume that "both sides" here means "the left" and "the other side" fighting on that particular day. Your interpretation isn't fact. It's not a lie just because you disagree.

An honest title would have been "2 idiots die from drinking fish tank cleaner". Instead of that, the fake media turned that into something like "people die from following Trumps Corona medicine recommendation" (not verbatim, but different variations of that). Trump had said that Hydroxychloroquinine could be a "game changer", which it is.Nobeernolife

So? The media uses headlines that get attention. All the media does it. The headlines weren't lies, they just used hyperbole . According to you, that makes it alright.

He NEVER said people should drink fish tank desinfectant contining Chloroquininesulpate, with "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" printed on the package.Nobeernolife

I guess if you had an article from, say, CNN stating "Trump literally encouraging people to drink fish tank disinfectant", you'd have a point. But you don't, do you?

Isn't it frustrating when your own bullshit comes back to bite you?
  • Nobeernolife
    I did read the transcript. Just before he makes the comment, he talks about "the left" attacking "the other group". It's a matter of interpretation what he was talking about, but it certainly makes sense to assume that "both sides" here means "the left" and "the other side" fighting on that particular day. Your interpretation isn't fact. It's not a lie just because you disagree.Echarmion

He said:
    "And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly."

So clearly you did not not read the transcript. Well, maybe making fake claims if par for the course for believers of the fake media. Anyway, I am not your babysitter. Do your own homework. Just stop lying.
  • Echarmion
    He said:
    "And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly."

So clearly you did not not read the transcript. Well, maybe making fake claims if par for the course for believers of the fake media. Anyway, I am not your babysitter. Do your own homework. Just stop lying.
    Nobeernolife

Yes, he did. As an answer to a different question, talking about a different group. After making the "both sides" statement. Which of course I would not know, had I not read the transcript. You're flailing around now. Your initial claim was CNN was lying. Now it's "well but Trump also said". Makes you look pretty weak.
  • Nobeernolife
    Yes, he did. As an answer to a different question, talking about a different group. After making the "both sides" statement. Which of course I would not know, had I not read the transcript. You're flailing around now. Your initial claim was CNN was lying. Now it's "well but Trump also said". Makes you look pretty weak.Echarmion

The "both sides" refers to pro and anti statue. And I don´t know how much clearer you can get than "and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists".

I would have made a snarky remark about your reading comprehension, but after watching a few of Dr. Karlyn Borysenko video, I am starting to understand the TDS sufferers better. With your distorted filter, you really do see a different world than those of us who are not afflicted. Hope you get better sometime.
  • Echarmion
    The "both sides" refers to pro and anti statue.Nobeernolife

No it doesn't. But we both know we can play this game forever, since you cannot prove that is what he meant, and neither can I. Unfortunately for you, you made the initial claim that CNN was lying, a claim you have failed to defend.

I would have made a snarky remark about your reading comprehension, but after watching a few of Dr. Karlyn Borysenko video, I am starting to understand the TDS sufferers better. With your distorted filter, you really do see a different world than those of us who are not afflicted. Hope you get better sometime.Nobeernolife

You know, the funny thing is that I knew perfectly well you'd pick up that one line about what Trump meant and try to debate me on it. I wondered if I should delete it, because it'd just give you an opportunity to change the topic to something where you can at least make some semblance of a plausible argument. But I figured you'd focus on it regardles, because clearly the injustice burns brightly in your heart. Talk about derangement syndrome.

Anyways, just as a reminder: You didn't manage to defend any of your other supposed "lies" either. Perhaps you'd need to be more strict about truth and falsehood, but then of course a lot of the stuff Trump does would suddenly no longer be defensible...
  • Nobeernolife
    Anyways, just as a reminder: You didn't manage to defend any of your other supposed "lies" either.Echarmion

Your sophistry does not turn lies into true statements.

On a related note, I am just reading that opinion research shows that only democratic voters believe that most reporters are simply trying to report the news in a non-biased fashion.

I am NOT surprised....

https://t.co/NDMKltU8Su
  • Deletedmemberzc
    a related note, I am just reading that opinion research shows that only democratic voters believe that most reporters are simply trying to report the news in a non-biased fashion.Nobeernolife

Nowhere in the link you provided does it say a word about Democrat v. Republican voters. Can you provide a Rasmussen quote for non-subscribers?
  • Echarmion
    Your sophistry does not turn lies into true statements.Nobeernolife

And your continued lack of a substantive response speaks for itself.

But yes, I was doing sophistry. I think it did a fine job of illustrating the absurdity of your standards for truth and lies. Also I won, which is nice.

I am NOT surprised....Nobeernolife

And I am not surprised you repeatedly post the same thing because you apparently are so happy about it.
  • Nobeernolife
    Nowhere in the link you provided does it say a word about Democrat v. Republican voters. Can you provide a Rasmussen quote for non-subscribers?ZzzoneiroCosm

You can see a snapshot of the relevant question on the Rasmussen Twatter page, unless the censors have removed it already:
    https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1244240182930550784
  • Baden

Specifically only in relation to Trump and specifically in relation to helping to block or pass his agenda. Hardly a surprise that more Republicans think the media is trying to block Trump's agenda, is it? So this:

On a related note, I am just reading that opinion research shows that only democratic voters believe that most reporters are simply trying to report the news in a non-biased fashion.Nobeernolife

is a lie. You presented no evidence for the above. But this is typical of the right-wing Reddit brigade, lie, lie, lie and then blame CNN and the MSM for spreading fake news.

What's even worse about this lie is that according to the very same research you now linked to, a plurality of Dems don't trust the political news they are getting, which strongly implies that in general, they don't believe that most reporters are simply trying to report the news in a non-biased fashion. Exactly the opposite of your claim.
  • Relativist

The wording in the survey was problematic. These 2 questions were asked:
    1* Do you trust the political news you are getting?

2* When they write or talk about President Trump, are most reporters trying to help the president pass his agenda, block the president from passing his agenda, or are they simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?

Consider a Democrat who believes political news reporting is not fully trustworthy. (answers "no" to the first question), but does not believe "most reporters" are either helping to pass, nor helping to block, Trump's agenda AND they believe there is some bias in the media.

There's plenty of bias in the media, in both political directions but also in terms of sensationalism. That bias toward sensationalism helped Trump get elected: every bombastic thing he said as a candidated received air-time.
  • Baden

It's a stupidly worded survey. But it's not too difficult to disentangle the two questions.

A. The first is a general question and the second is specifically about Trump.
    B. The first asks about whether the news is trustworthy in a general sense. The second asks about pro and anti-Trump bias for the specific purposes of passing or blocking Trump's agenda.

There is zero issue with not trusting political news in general but not believing that most reporters are actively trying to block or pass Trump's agenda.

For example:

1) It's possible to mistrust the majority of political news but still trust the majority of news about Trump.
    2) It's possible to mistrust the majority of news and mistrust the majority of news about Trump but still not believe that the majority of journalists are actively biased one way or the other against Trump.
    3) It's possible to mistrust the majority of news and mistrust the majority of news about Trump and even believe that the majority of journalists are actively biased one way or the other against Trump, but still not believe that they are trying to help block or pass his agenda.

Etc.
  • tim wood
    He fires Atkinson. What a disgusting person. I am persuaded that the only proper fate for Trump is indictment, arrest, trial - by all means acquit if he's committed no crimes! - conviction, forfeiture of all assets if he has any, and hanging. I believe he is a traitor and that he betrays his country almost hourly. There was a time this country tore itself apart over presidents and generals who lost 50,000 lives in an unnecessary SE Asian war. Now a feckless, vicious, incompetent, self-serving criminal of a president through his lies, racism, greed, immaturity - you name it - will have on his hands the blood of hundreds of thousands of people who died unnecessarily because of his decisions and non-decisions. Never mind the hundreds of thousands he has hurt in so many ways before the corona virus.

South Korea and the US reported their first cases of Covid-19 on the same day, 20 January 2020. We're not S. Korea; they're not the US. Still, though, they've managed and they're managing. The US, on the other hand, is not managing and has not managed. What's the difference? Donald Trump. Got a friend or relative that's sick, dying, or has died. Thank you, Donald Trump. Thank you for destroying our capability in terms of anticipatory planning and action. Thank you for your lies and misdirection. Thank you for your deliberate ignorance. Thank you for making clear to us the citizens of this country that the federal government has no responsibilities and that you personally have no responsibility, but rather it's all states' business. Thank you for corrupting the medical equipment supply chain, channeling it all to profiteers. Thank you for putting your incompetent son-in-law in charge of that behind the other incompetent, Pence. Thank you for making it completely clear that the only thing that matters to you is you. Thank you for firing every responsible and ethical professional career public servant you can get your hands on and replacing them, if you replace them at all, with your ghoulish associates. Thank you for showing us that your utter evil and corruption corrupts and ruins everything it touches. And you know what's worse? 20-odd million Americans voted for you.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    What a disgusting person. I am persuaded that the only proper fate for Trump is indictment, arrest, trial - by all means acquit if he's committed no crimes! - conviction, forfeiture of all assets if he has any, and hanging. I believe he is a traitor and that he betrays his country almost hourly. There was a time this country tore itself apart over presidents and generals who lost 50,000 lives in an unnecessary SE Asian war. Now a feckless, vicious, incompetent, self-serving criminal of a president through his lies, racism, greed, immaturity - you name it - will have on his hands the blood of hundreds of thousands of people who died unnecessarily because of his decisions and non-decisions ... The US, on the other hand, is not managing and has not managed. What's the difference? Donald Trump. Got a friend or relative that's sick, dying, or has died. Thank you, Donald Trump. Thank you for destroying our capability in terms of anticipatory planning and action. Thank you for your lies and misdirection. Thank you for your deliberate ignorance. Thank you for making clear to us the citizens of this country that the federal government has no responsibilities and that you personally have no responsibility, but rather it's all states' business. Thank you for corrupting the medical equipment supply chain, channeling it all to profiteers. Thank you for putting your incompetent son-in-law in charge of that behind the other incompetent, Pence. Thank you for making it completely clear that the only thing that matters to you is you. Thank you for firing every responsible and ethical professional career public servant you can get your hands on and replacing them, if you replace them at all, with your ghoulish associates. Thank you for showing us that your utter evil and corruption corrupts and ruins everything it touches. And you know what's worse? 20-odd million Americans voted for you.tim wood

Stop filibustering, tell us what you really think of Trump
  • tim wood
    Stop filibustering, tell us what you really think of TrumpMerkwurdichliebe
    Words fail me.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    Words fail me.tim wood

Me too buddy, me too.
  • unenlightened
    Words fail me.
    — tim wood

Me too buddy, me too.
    Merkwurdichliebe

Time for a song from the auld country, then.

• Relativist
    OMG, what an f-ing moron!:

“For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect....” Mr Trump wrote on Twitter. “...It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons.”
  • Baden

Never mind about the dead people, Trump's dick is bigger than the governors' dicks. Everything got that? Ok, carry on.
  • Punshhh
    Trump showered himself in glory lastnight.
  • Benkei
    Is it true the 1200 USD cheques were delayed because Trump wanted his name printed on it?
  • Metaphysician Undercover

Let him sign each one of them! That might keep him out of trouble for a while.
  • NOS4A2
    Steele Dossier Disinformation Update

New evidence that the FBI was duped by Russian intelligence.

Russia interfered in America’s 2016 election, as several government reports have established. The latest disturbing news is that Russia may have received an assist from no less than the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

That’s the takeaway of newly released portions of last year’s Department of Justice Inspector General report about the FBI’s investigation into Trump-Russia collusion. That report showed how the FBI abused its powers by misleading a secret court into granting surveillance warrants on the Trump campaign.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/steele-dossier-disinformation-update-11586897258

Footnotes in watchdog report indicate FBI knew of risk of Russian disinformation in Steele dossier

The FBI was warned sections of the controversial Steele dossier could have been part of a "Russian disinformation campaign to denigrate U.S. foreign relations," according to newly declassified footnotes from a government watchdog report.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/footnotes-in-watchdog-report-indicate-fbi-knew-of-risk-of-russian-disinformation-in-the-steele-dossier/

Not looking good for the FBI and Russian collusion conspiracy theorists.
  • neonspectraltoast
    It was really disturbing to hear Trump speak recently of total authority. Obviously a deadly precedent.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.