• Sir2u
    Haha, that was a sneaky way to get the last word! :up:

You will win the prize eventual.

OOOPPss, I did it again. :blush:
  • Noble Dust
    I've honestly never understood the staying power of this thread. Is it a doppelgänger of the shoutbox? Do 50 pages compare to 900? I call on @Hanover to give a reckoning. Again...
  • Hanover
    I've honestly never understood the staying power of this thread. Is it a doppelgänger of the shoutbox? Do 50 pages compare to 900? I call on Hanover to give a reckoning. Again...Noble Dust

I think the OP makes abundantly clear the purpose of his thread. Perhaps review the first post and you'll fully understand it. If you haven't yet taken the poll, please do. Your response will be critical to the future success of this site.
  • Sir2u
    Your response will be critical to the future success of this site.Hanover

:rofl:
  • Hanover
    It's that time of year again. February 7th resolutions. Let's hear them folks. And please, this time in alphabetical order so I can more easily enter them into my database outside.
  • Noble Dust

But are you not ashamed of your piddly 50 pages? And yeah, I voted, probably like 3 years ago.
  • Hanover
    But are you not ashamed of your piddly 50 pages? And yeah, I voted, probably like 3 years ago.Noble Dust

The paltry quantity is offset by the superior quality. It is here most come for the final word on all topics.
  • Sir2u
    The paltry quantity is offset by the superior quality. It is here most come for the final word on all topics.Hanover

Yeah, OK. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Still humming through Algebra!!!!! :shade:
  • Sir2u
    Still humming through Algebra!!!!! :shade:ArguingWAristotleTiff

Keep on truckin lady. You'll beat them number yet. :up:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Keep on truckin lady. You'll beat them number yet. :up:Sir2u
    My head hurts, literally :angry:
  • Sir2u
    How are things going?ArguingWAristotleTiff

I have now been locked in the house for over a week, guess how I am feeling?

Yep, you got. I am freaking out reading emails, whatsapp, and school website, giving classes on line and a whole load of other crap.

Let me out of here soon, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Yep, you got. I am freaking out reading emails, whatsapp, and school website, giving classes on line and a whole load of other crap.

Let me out of here soon, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
    Sir2u

I am nearing my limit as well....
  • Sir2u
    Are not all of us getting to the end of our tether about this, well at least the sane ones among us are.

We have now been on lockdown for eleven days, and it looks as though it will be at least another two weeks before we are let out of our cages.

I am almost ready to start climbing the walls.

I have not seen much news from your area, but from seeing the area you live in, I doubt that you have problems keeping yourselves away from your neighbors. What is happening in the towns around you, are they telling people to stay in their houses?

Take care if there are any cases around you. And make sure to take enough internal disinfectants, rum, tequila, vodka, gin, whisky and so on. They probably won't help much but you will feel better about things for a while at least.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I have not seen much news from your area, but from seeing the area you live in, I doubt that you have problems keeping yourselves away from your neighbors. What is happening in the towns around you, are they telling people to stay in their houses?Sir2u
    Interesting when they show the Coronavisus spread Mexico is without a case but as soon as you get to either border, there are cases. Hmmmmmmm....... :brow:
    Here at the ranch we are far enough out that I have to seek interaction. No need for eggs as we get them from our neighbor who has the Cock and chickens because the sun comes up early. The sun wakes the Cock, the Cock wakes the Burros, the Burros wake the dogs and the fuckening of good sleep has begun. The trick is to wake up before the Cock and make him understand who started this day! Yeah.... I am a little bit stressed but the heat is coming, soon, like next week.
    I saw some kids at Rice University.truly made a game changer.... check it out
    Remember the nursery rhyme about Old McDonald's farm? The last line has been ruminating in my head ultimately when I pray/focus energy on healing which is:
    "The nurse takes the child, the nurse takes the child, hi ho the dairy o the nurse takes the child. AND the child leads us home, the child leads us home, hi ho the dairy o the child leads us home."
    I believe that as our children will think our way through this.
  • Sir2u
    I saw some kids at Rice University.truly made a game changer...ArguingWAristotleTiff

Need is the mother of all invention. Shame that we never really know what we need.

Now if only the schools could start teaching "out of the box", critical thinking skills we would be better off.

Stay in the shade Tiff. :victory:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Stay in the shade Tiff. :victory:Sir2u

Sir, I am on my last chapter of flipping math for my degree! :fire:
  • Sir2u
    Sir, I am on my last chapter of flipping math for my degree! :fire:ArguingWAristotleTiff

Oh yeah, so then the brain will get a rest.
    Best of luck. No, you don't need that, that is for people that don't try hard enough.

So when is the party? :party:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    So when is the party? :party:Sir2u

Cinco De Mayo mi amigo! :party:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Okay shits flying with the Grands. My Mom and Dad (step since 8) are living at home about 30 minutes from our ranch.
    Things were going swimmingly until they needed salt for the water softener. Dad said they needed salt so he would go get it. Mom said she would go with but first asked "Are you going to wear your face mask and gloves?" (Dad has MANY comorbidities) he answered that he is going to wear his mask. Mom asked "and the gloves?"
    Dad said no gloves.
    Mom said "then I am not going!"
    Dad said fine.
    Now I ask you: did he really not want to wear the gloves? Or did he want to go alone?
    How clever is the male mind at 76?

Ps.. of course I have been offering daily to get them anything they need but they tell me AFTER they do it for themselves. Who are these people?
  • Sir2u
    Yeah, set me a cold one on the bar and let the music begin.

Talking of beer, I am having to ration it. They are not letting the shops sell booze, of all of the stupid ideas.
  • Sir2u
    How clever is the male mind at 76?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Depends on how devious it was before 76. :rofl:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Yeah, set me a cold one on the bar and let the music begin.

Talking of beer, I am having to ration it. They are not letting the shops sell booze, of all of the stupid ideas.
    Sir2u

Whoa! Now that would start a civil war if anything would. I heard of one politician in another state that tried to shut down liquor sales and within 8 hrs reversed course.
    Come on over Sir! We can ride horseback to our local watering hole El Encanto Dos, where there is a corral to leave your ride while you indulge in some of the best Mexican food this side of the border. Their Prickly Pear Margaritas go down so easy and are for sale curbside even during this worldwide shitshow.
    They say we will be flirting with 100*f on Cinco De Mayo but that's just fine with me. The drinks are cold, the air is heavy with the smell of Mesquite embers smoking the fajita meat, the night birds are actively begging for a chip and the small trickle of water is just enough to hear in between the live Mariachi music. Sweet Lord what a celebration it will be :party:
  • Sir2u
    And there is no bloody transportation either, so I am stuck here.

AAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :angry: :cry:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Àaaaaaaaaarggghhh when we get out of our stay at home it's going to be over 100* . Last time we were out it was 70*. Dear heavens it's going to be a long summer.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    My final exam, for the final math class I have to take to become a Social Worker on Monday.....
    <pacing>
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Passed Algebra class and am done with the math for my degree. I'm going to go in for a one on one therapy sessions to learn some new coping skills that I need STAT.
    Deep breaths....
    Don't ever take life for granted. :flower:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.