• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I could learn it but first I have to learn how not to hold my breath. :fear:
  • Sir2u
    Told you that you could do it. :100: :party:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Told you that you could do it. :100: :party:Sir2u

You did! You have always been confident in me and I am so grateful for you being in my corner through the years :flower:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    We have gotten to the tempatures just shy of Hells' average and I am Thankful for Air conditioning :fire:
  • Sir2u
    Keep on rocking lady. I am beginning to wonder if hell might be better. Last week it was almost a hundred, temperature and humidity. You could not breath without sweating.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Keep on rocking lady. I am beginning to wonder if hell might be better. Last week it was almost a hundred, temperature and humidity. You could not breath without sweating.Sir2u

Absolutely hotter. In the middle of all this crap, a fast moving fire came through our ranch and 1000 acres around our ranch. No lives lost, no animals (cattle, horses, Alpaca, Camel, dogs and the rest) but the wildlife is decimated. 360.degrees of ash.....as far as the eye can see including the mountain sides we are in the Foothills we are in, which means the Monsoons that are building, are going to wash all that destruction down hill to us with nothing holding the dirt on the mountain.
    :confused:
  • Fluke
    Soil reinforcing don't know how valid that would be for you regarding this however they're developing coir versions and various options for that these days.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Hmm I wonder if that isn't the mesh like fiber I encounter when mucking horseshit at a ranch up North that has an irrigation flooding system. The stuff has broken a plastic rake tine but does keep the soil burm from washing away allowing irrigation into the barn.

My Dad was a land planner and back in the day we traveled to AZ from IL to try to come up with an idea to help with soil erosion caused by water without plants holding it up on the mountain and highway banks. They came up with a straw filled, burlap coil that when tightly packed, expands as necessary but dries out as well. Those are still in use because they are light, you can drive stakes right through them, they gotta be fairly cheap and effective.

I'm going to show my Dad this technology because it will make him smile to know that there are people out there still trying to Curb Mother Nature. Thank you for the information :flower:
  • Noble Dust
    This thread does not meet the quality standards of the forum.
  • Wheatley
    Closed to further comments.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Closed to further comments.Wheatley

Not a chance. :flower:
  • Sir2u
    This thread does not meet the quality standards of the forum.Noble Dust

Is that some sort of problem? It has not bothered anyone so far. Everyone has managed to contribute some kind of bullshit, so I doubt anyone else is worried about quality.
    And I doubt that any of the mods are going to pay attention to your ploy, not original by the way, to close the thread without leaving their last word.

Does anyone remember the original purpose of this thread in the old PF?
  • Noble Dust

LOL I copy-pasted that from a mod responding to a different thread. I guess my jokes blend in with my ernest posts; my own fault.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Does anyone remember the original purpose of this thread in the old PF?Sir2u

Yes Sir, I do!
    How are you holding up my friend?
    Me? As long as I don't speak my opinion, my mind or my thoughts everything stays "copestic" Peachy even.
    One flaw from this being the plan forward from the medical crisis....I am me!
  • Sir2u
    How are you holding up my friend?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Hey Tiff.
    I am not at all happy about this freaking lockup or lockdown, whatever you want to call it. I have left the house only once in these last 3 months. :groan:
    And the worst is yet to come. I will be working from home until the end of the year. :groan: :cry:

If I am not mistaken, the purpose of the original thread was to discuss why we thought that we had the last word on any particular thread. There were several possible reasons mentioned if I remember right.
    1. the last poster had the written the most profound answer answer to the question
    2. the last poster had come to a dead end and no one else after that could think of anything else to say
    3. the OP had not bothered to answer any more questions
    4. the last poster had said something so bloody stupid that no one wanted to continue.

From there on it continued into a competition to see who could get in the last word on that thread.
    But maybe I am thinking of a different thread. :worry:

One flaw from this being the plan forward from the medical crisis....I am me!ArguingWAristotleTiff

And you had better stay that way lady. :wink:
  • Sir2u
    LOL I copy-pasted that from a mod responding to a different thread. I guess my jokes blend in with my ernest posts; my own fault.Noble Dust

And I guess my jokes blend in with mine as well. But I really cannot tell the difference between sarcasm and humor sometimes. :smirk:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    And you had better stay that way lady. :wink:Sir2u

At times I crumble from my soul being so weary, for so long and I begin to question if the struggle is worth it. And when I find myself thinking that way, I remind myself that regardless of how many times I may go down, I will never let myself forget that my bounce back is strong as fuck.
  • Hanover
    I am not at all happy about this freaking lockup or lockdown, whatever you want to call it. I have left the house only once in these last 3 monthsSir2u

I just flew from Atlanta to Salt Lake, drove to Utah, then went to Montana and Wyoming. Been working from the office every day since the pandemic started. Have eaten out, gone to the gym, gone shopping, and have hung out with my family and friends the whole time. My infection rate and the number I've infected stands firmly at 0. No harm, no foul.
  • Nils Loc
    No harm, no foul.Hanover

The Last Words of Hanover. RIP.
  • Sir2u
    No harm, no foul.Hanover

We cannot even go out when we want here. There is a law that says only people with the last number of their national ID can go out on one day of the week. Starting at 1 on the first Monday of the month until 5 on Friday. The next week Monday starts with six and ends Friday with 0. No one goes out at weekend.

My number is 7, Tuesday. I have classes all day and there is no way to go out.

They are allowing home delivery services for food and medical stuff everyday, but the people all have to be registered. The have even put a stop to the selling of booze.
    Anyone caught out in the streets with a permission gets fined and has to do social work.

There are lots of complaints about the system, mostly because there are not so many deaths. But the hospitals are all over run and understaffed. If they cannot keep the number of infected down there will be a big shitty mess here.
  • Hanover
    Where do you live?
  • Sir2u
    Honduras Central America

Also known as the devil's asshole. But it it really a nice place.
  • Hanover
    Honduras Central America

Also known as the devil's asshole. But it it really a nice place.
    Sir2u

We have the opposite thing going here. As the Covid cases started to increase, the major cities (Atlanta, Athens, Savannah) all started to impose more strict measures, one of which was mandatory mask wearing. The governor of the state declared the matter a state emergency and then entered an executive order that state law preempted all city law and stated you didn't have to wear a mask. Earlier, they tried to close the beaches, so he re-opened them. Recklessness appeals to me, so I kind of like it.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Recklessness appeals to me, so I kind of like it.Hanover

Who would have guessed :razz:
  • Hanover
    If a symptom of Covid is fiery diarrhea, then count me in! If it's just the expected consequence of hot wings, then that. I took some Pepto-bismol pills that said you weren't to chew them, but were just to swallow them with water. I chewed them anyway. They kinda tasted like the chewable kind, just not flavored like cherry and they caked up on your teeth a little bit, sort of like they weren't designed for chewing. Overall, it was a pretty good experience. I hope it douses the flames.
  • Sir2u
    consequence of hot wings,Hanover

Wow, you are reckless! :lol:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Two Natural Science classes with labs are all I have left to complete my Associates degree. In May 2021, my youngest indian will be graduating with his B.S. in Simulated Science, Gaming and Animation and me with my A.G. I will be continuing on to ASU so I will also be taking Victemology and Crisis Management.
    11 credit hours of class is what I took a year ago. Medical crisis considered I must continue on.
    I'm rising daily and pray NicK finds the drive to thrive not just survive. :flower:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    The last word... One other couple in our group of friends, who were high school sweethearts and have two beautiful children have decided to go their separate ways. That leaves NicK and I as the only first marriage, remaining in tact in our group.
    It's amazing and scary all at the same time. It's hard for NicK because now all the males are unmarried even though some are in new relationships.
    Pondering why...where it fell apart...how accurate in time were my Spidey senses and what makes the difference in whose marriage is successful and whose is not.
    My only thought to our seperating friends is: Please don't destroy in leaving, what you built in coming together.
  • Noble Dust

All I know is that you spell your husband's name with a capital K at the end of his name, which tells me that the two of you are doing something right.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    All I know is that you spell your husband's name with a capital K at the end of his name, which tells me that the two of you are doing something right.Noble Dust
    :lol: old chatroom habits
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.