• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Do you expect me to continue to take your tainted bait?
  • S
    Do you expect me to continue to take your tainted bait?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Would it be asking too much to expect you to take a joke? Tainted Bait sounds like a good rock band name, by the way.
  • Hanover
    I'm writing a book. Here it is so far. I think it has a nice flow:

She so badly wanted that new iron, but as she stared at his gonads, she thought to herself there must be a better way.

If the pillow won't work, maybe the plastic wrap will, although it's so hard to get it to tear cleanly while he's thrashing about.

I can't be expected to find safety pins at 5:00 a.m., especially while I'm vacuuming out the sticky mounds of hair ground into the carpet.

But if I don't cover his arm completely, the dogs will bring it to the playground again and I'll have to give another explanation.

Thoughts?
  • Sir2u
    Thoughts?Hanover

Try writing limericks?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Thoughts?Hanover

Would you believe that you have left me completely speechless?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Mother Nature's flames have licked the Grapes of Wrath but the vines that hold God's globes of nectar will have the final laugh.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    A little diddy about Jack and Diane
    two American kids growin up in the heartland...
  • Hanover
    She was married when we first met
    Soon to be divorced
    I helped her out of a jam, I guess
    But I used a little too much force
  • Hanover
    Tiff, for you:

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
    Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys
  • MysticMonist
    lest same falls on a Sunday, in which case there shall be no game, but instead the day will be a day of fasting and contemplation.Hanover

So if I fast and contemplate, I have a 1:7 chance of winning (the odds of the game beginning on a Sunday). Which is far better than the chance of winning 1:X, X being the number of participants. Given of course that I don't disqualify myself by use of the two prohibited words and have correctly interpreted the obscure meaning of the rules.
    To be safest, I should practice this austerity each and every Sunday but I would probably be safe with just Sundays in March and April given the unclear meaning of the formal beginning of the game.
  • Sir2u
    So if I fast and contemplateMysticMonist

This includes abstinence from sex, booze and television. Unless the TV show is a philosophical competition game where at least one fasting member of the following religions are participating. Jewish, Catholic, Anglican, Muslim, and Southern Baptist. Sex is also permitted if it is shown on said TV show.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
    Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys
    Hanover

Awwww Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    That reminds me of a guy who was banned for behavior with warnings but was just having a really hard time in life. DragonSlayer. Maybe one day he will drop in here.
  • Hanover
    Some say the song is about drugs and whatever, but to me it's clearly a sentimental song about little boys growing up.
  • Sir2u
    Some say the song is about drugs and whatever, but to me it's clearly a sentimental song about little boys growing up.Hanover

And doing drugs and whatever.
  • Hanover
    Art is in the eye of the beholder I suppose, but my read on this one is spot on, and yours superficial. The child's imaginary friend disappeared when his childhood disappeared, but you get entirely diverted by the word "puff" and declare it an ode to marijauna.
  • Sir2u
    The child's imaginary friend disappeared when his childhood disappeared, but you get entirely diverted by the word "puff" and declare it an ode to marijauna.Hanover

I had a bad experience with that damned dragon a few years ago. I woke up one morning with the song "Puff the magic dragon" looping in my head. I spent the whole day with it spinning around in there. The funny thing is that I had not heard the song since I was a kid and that was a loooooong time ago.
    At the end of the work day I was leaving and a teacher from the primary area asked if I could help her with something. She pulled out a book about Puff the magic dragon. I almost took of running.

And you are probably right about it being about a boy growing up and forgetting his friend.
    And "puff" then turned into something completely different.
  • A Christian Philosophy
    I may not have the last word, but I am claiming the title of posting the 500th comment. I declare myself above the rest of you until the 1000th poster shows up. See you then.
  • S
    Did you know that The Birdie Song is about crack cocaine?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Did you know the song White Lines is about cocaine?
  • CasKev
    Did you know the song Cocaine is about being high on life?
  • Michael
    Did you know that this is the 999th discussion?
  • Hanover
    Did you know that Miller High Life is the champagne of beers?
  • Hanover
    I really wish to apologize. I went through my old posts and realized I failed to formally introduce myself, so let's start over.

I'm Hanover. I enjoy long walks on the beach, snow cones at the fair, and skipping stones across lakes. My favorite food is corn. I like simple puzzles and am endlessly fascinated by those pictures you stare at until the image seems to magically leave the page.

One day when I retire, I hope to move to a small house surrounded by draping trees where I can lie next to Baden and play with his mouth.

Tell me about you. I imagine all of us are not so different around here.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I'm Hanover. I enjoy long walks on the beach, snow cones at the fair, and skipping stones across lakes. My favorite food is corn. I like simple puzzles and am endlessly fascinated by those pictures you stare at until the image seems to magically leave the page.Hanover

Hanover, dear friend, I am sorry to inform you but your description sounds nothing like the young buck you were at PF but rather an application for acceptance in a long term care facility, which by the way, removing your love of corn will help you get accepted. ;)
  • Sir2u
    but rather an application for acceptance in a long term care facilityArguingWAristotleTiff

Mental or physical health care?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Mental or physical health care?Sir2u

Physical for sure. We already know the mental state of Hanover.
  • Sir2u
    Good night.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.