• Baden

It seems like that, doesn't it?
  • Baden
    I just hope @ArguingWAristotleTiff didn't see that last comment. I'd much rather we talked about pumpkins. :)
  • Sir2u
    I just hope ArguingWAristotleTiff didn't see that last comment. I'd much rather we talked about pumpkins. :)Baden

She would probably ask how you want it served?
  • BC
    Why don't you give your dog beef bones? a 6 inch marrow bone has nutritious marrow (which your dog will lick out of the bone in a day or two) and then the bone will last quite a long time--years. Most dogs won't be able to crush the bones (they're pretty thick) so there won't be bone splinters in their gut.
  • Baden

Indeed...
  • S
    Some rights are not worth having. If the right to have a gun effectively translates into the right to live in a more violent society and thus the right to suffer a greater risk of harm therein, you can take that right and stick it where the sun don't shine (with all due respect).Baden

Amen.

For the Americans all of their rights are connected and erosion of one might lead to complete removal of others. For them it is all or nothing, and they don't want nothing.Sir2u

So, slippery slope fallacy and false dilemma. Let's not propagate this unreasonable belief.
  • Sir2u
    So, slippery slope fallacy and false dilemma.Sapientia

I thought you said that you were finished with the discussion. But you keep on talking rubbish.

Let's not propagate this unreasonable belief.Sapientia

Oh dear, goodness me, what a disaster. A bunch of philosophy forum members became infected with the absolutely ridiculous urge to go out and support the gun toting bandits that think they still live in the wild west.
    And what is even worse/better, they have decided to start a protest against the US government in the form of a permanent ban of all American politicians that do not openly support the removal of all gun controls from the forum.

Who the hell is it going to be propagated to? :P

Get over these pathetic snippets of quasi-philosophy, morals derived from ignorance and grammar policing.
  • S
    I thought you said that you were finished with the discussion. But you keep on talking rubbish.Sir2u

No, no. That was identifying rubbish.

By the way, I notice that your spelling and grammar are showing signs of improvement. Perhaps my grammar policing has had an effect, after all. Keep up the good work.
  • Sir2u
    By the way, I notice that your spelling and grammar are showing signs of improvement. Perhaps my grammar policing has had an effect, after all. Keep up the good work.Sapientia

I told you, if you had bothered to read my post, that as soon as you stopped pointing out stupid little things that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed I would stop making them.

If you intend to continue with your silly ways then I shall continue to do everything I can to make you look like the pathetic little nitwit that you are.

Bey bye.
  • S
    (Y)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I just hope ArguingWAristotleTiff didn't see that last comment. I'd much rather we talked about pumpkins. :)Baden

I saw but we have already come to what I think is a reasonable middle ground, in you understanding my position and mine understanding yours.

Are you going to carve?
  • Baden

Yes, I'd rather keep a hold of the knife just in case you change your mind. :D
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Why don't you give your dog beef bones? a 6 inch marrow bone has nutritious marrow (which your dog will lick out of the bone in a day or two) and then the bone will last quite a long time--years. Most dogs won't be able to crush the bones (they're pretty thick) so there won't be bone splinters in their gut.Bitter Crank

I was telling Hanover about the bully sticks because they are the closest to rawhide. I do buy the frozen long beef bones for the pups to chew on. As puppies I froze the bone and only gave it to them when they went into their crate. Now I give them one shot at chewing off the frozen beef bits and stuff on the bone and then I boil them till the marrow is cooked and then when cool, I give them back. They must have a couple dozen around the ranch. It keeps their teeth soo clean and they love it! ;)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Yes, I'd rather keep a hold of the knife just in case you change your mind. :DBaden

Smart man ;)
  • Wosret

Better get some specialized knife dodging training. Axe block, compromise your footing, joint lock, double back flip.
  • BC
    Congratulations on your anniversary.
  • CasKev
    It's Mental Health Awareness Week! It's been almost 3 years since my last episode of major depression. I still experience depression-like thoughts from time to time, but they don't seem to carry the same weight these days. Despite the prolonged improvement in mood, there's an ever so slight lingering fear that the deep well of depression is just around the corner, waiting to swallow me up again. Hopefully the meds, the rTMS, and the CBT training will keep me on the right track. I'm thankful for all of the love and support in my life, especially from my partner, my mother, my daughters, and my son. They definitely make the battle for continuing peace of mind feel worthwhile.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Better get some specialized knife dodging training. Axe block, compromise your footing, joint lock, double back flip.Wosret

Can I just have you as my body guard Wosret?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Congratulations on your anniversary.Bitter Crank

Thank you BC~ I know you know what kind of work goes into such a simple celebration, another milestone but for us, it is the world. (L)
  • Wosret

Doesn't anyone else play violent video games, or saw someone shot on tv? The police basically are the only ones that are going to warn you that they have a weapon, if their plan is to actually use it. If someone was planning to shot or knife you, then you wouldn't know that until bullets or knives were already inside your body.

If someone shows you a weapon, that means that they don't plan to kill you with it, they plan to intimidate you with it, and if you've taken some moron gun or knife defense course, and figure that you'll just take it from them, then your plan is to escalate the situation, rather than deescalate. Maybe you do get it from them, maybe you do, but there is also a good chance that you don't, and just get yourself killed for no reason instead.
  • Hanover
    I have been able to build a gun entirely out of rawhide. It shoots frozen marrow pellets. Not only am I able to get it through the metal detector, my puppy Fred Barkowitz will destroy the evidence for me. Even if he doesn't eat the whole thing, no investigator is going to pick up a slimy chewed rawhide. That's way nasty.

If you grew up where I did (I lived under a dumpster where grey dumpster stew would pour into my mouth), you'd understand why I needed a rawhide gun in the airport. I used to fight the rats for food back then, but we fought with our words, not our fists, because we weren't philistines.

One thing we'd calmly discuss back then is what the fuck that last sentence is doing in this already fucked up post. This level of post unpredictabilty further proves the lunacy of climate change (as if we know which way the next poetic wind will blow). Proof of point: I'm standing on my head next time the Pope hands out his crackers at a football game. That'll stop the molestation.

Take everything in your head, stir it up, and piss it out your mouth I always say. Always.
  • Hanover
    I was at a party and someone said shit to my bitch, and I was like wuuut no you diii-uuu, and just as I showed him my sharpened penis that I had to a fine point from rubbing it along the concrete, dude pulls out a gun, jams the shit in my ear (deep in the aural canal near the cochlear and shit), and I'm twisting like a mother fucker trying to prick him with my pokey pecker. He squeezes off a round and my brain goes spraying on the stainless steel refrigerator (Whirlpool 800987 with water and ice dispenser) like a spray of glass cleaner.

I'm just saying I've had a hard day, so let me at least get the big piece of chicken. I mean God damn. At least that.

My point: If fate should have it that you will be the chosen soul to have the last word, don't strive for profound or even loving, but instead for the most divine of all traits. Creativity. The first thing God did was create, after all. Make it your last.
  • Sir2u
    Make it your last.Hanover

The thread is about the last word here, on this thread. Not the last word at the end of the world or even your life. Lighten up a bit. :D
  • Hanover
    The thread is about the last word here, on this thread. Not the last word at the end of the world or even your life.Sir2u

This is what you want the last word at the end of the world to be? And not me either, but I'm talking about that last word, but now this, now this. Aaaahhh!
  • Baden
    I lived under a dumpster where grey dumpster stew would pour into my mouthHanover

Whereas now it goes in the opposite direction.

My point: If fate should have it that you will be the chosen soul to have the last word, don't strive for profound or even loving, but instead for the most divine of all traits. Creativity. The first thing God did was create, after all. Make it your last.Hanover

Amen.

(By the way, you're allowed to trash talk Trump here. Go on, be creative. ;) )
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff

Thank you for making me laugh, recalibrating my thoughts and feelings about issues close to my heart. (L)

Relax, THIS is a safe place :D
  • S
    Doesn't anyone else play violent video games, or saw someone shot on tv? The police basically are the only ones that are going to warn you that they have a weapon, if their plan is to actually use it. If someone was planning to shot or knife you, then you wouldn't know that until bullets or knives were already inside your body.

If someone shows you a weapon, that means that they don't plan to kill you with it, they plan to intimidate you with it, and if you've taken some moron gun or knife defense course, and figure that you'll just take it from them, then your plan is to escalate the situation, rather than deescalate. Maybe you do get it from them, maybe you do, but there is also a good chance that you don't, and just get yourself killed for no reason instead.
    Wosret

Ah, so you can make a sensible point on the topic. I was beginning to lose hope.
  • Wosret

Your agreement doesn't make something sensible, or right. Mine does.
  • S
    Your agreement doesn't make something sensible, or right. Mine does.Wosret

Oh, so you're the goddess of wisdom?
  • S
    ↪Hanover ↪Wosret ↪Sir2u ↪Baden
    Thank you for making me laugh, recalibrating my thoughts and feelings about issues close to my heart.
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

You're welcome.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.