• TimeLine
    I'm disappointed. I thought you and I could reach an understanding if not agreement. From my side, it feels as though I am trying to find common ground while you are resisting.T Clark

I was thinking about you today. Do you remember how you once said to me that I am someone who has her hand over a flame just to see how long I can keep it there? When you said that to me, I don't think you realised just how taken aback I was, so profound was the impact of those words because it explained so much about what I was doing up until that moment and I was able to acknowledge more about my character than you can imagine.

I am moving house, but I never explained why I am in this area first place; I came because it had a lot of bad memories for me and there were people - family members and others - who have wronged me who also live in the area. I needed to be here. I used to have nightmares that I was being chased by leopards; it was like I stopped and faced them instead. My presence was my way of saying that I am strong and that I have no fear. I was never allowed to verbally express myself to these people because they never listened or never heard me, but I made them listen through my presence. I never knew, though, that was the reason that I was here, not until you said that to me.

I had feelings for this man, I really liked him but in a very gentle way, a very kind and affectionate one and from a distance. I just wanted to impress him a little but his response was vicious and he bit me for no good reason. I hid away in pain and covered the wound. Years passed and the dressing I had over the wound was still on until Hanover ripped it off and reminded me that the man never liked me at all and he was just along for the ride. I imagined that I was still wounded only to see that I had actually healed but I wasn't aware until it was taken off; I healed myself unknowingly until it was made known.

This man is in a relationship with a 'Kardashian' kind of girl, a girl who gets plastic surgery and is all into cosmetics and everyone around him applauds and congratulates him for being with such an empty person. I realised that I already knew he was not the right person for me, because I would never like a man who would be that way, a man who has no courage to follow his heart and is a crowd pleaser. I can only love someone I admire and though I wanted him to be that man, he wasn't. I unknowingly did all those things to him because I knew that he was not right for me, but I was not aware of why I was doing that.

So we're on the same page, I understand why you think that intuition precedes reason, but I believe that the language here becomes embedded within that we form as we grow up, as we experience and as we are conditioned and while we think it is independent or separate from all of that as it is the very language of 'you' or 'I' or the language of the real self, intuition does have a language but it requires some self-reflective practice, as though a delay exists before we can acknowledge why we did it.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I was never allowed to verbally express myself to these people because they never listened or never heard me, but I made them listen through my presence. I never knew, though, that was the reason that I was here, not until you said that to me.TimeLine

What you wrote here is beautiful~
  • T Clark
    So we're on the same page, I understand why you think that intuition precedes reason, but I believe that the language here becomes embedded within that we form as we grow up, as we experience and as we are conditioned and while we think it is independent or separate from all of that as it is the very language of 'you' or 'I' or the language of the real self, intuition does have a language but it requires some self-reflective practice, as though a delay exists before we can acknowledge why we did it.TimeLine

Thank you for the response. It means a lot to me. I felt like I had let you down.

I want to be very clear about something - I have never met anyone whose moral judgment I trust more than I trust yours.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I am hanging on you guys but I gotta tell you Nov 3 was the arrival and we are how far past that? I know he loves his Mom and is going to miss her but I cannot breathe.... :grimace:
  • Lone Wolf
    I don't want to go to work today...
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I don't want to go to work today...Lone Wolf

Dear Boss:
    Lone Wolf is in need of a personal day, a perk day, a mental day, call it what you will but she needs it and will return to work as soon as she is rested.
    Thank you in advance for your understanding~
    Dr. Feel Better
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.