• Agustino
    What you are saying is that he has resigned himself to no longer thrive but just to exist? A eternal version of "It is what it is?"ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Well, what else can you do in that situation?

Waiting 5 hours for a diaper change at 75 is not the way it should be. Two showers a week even when my Dad had 5 straight days of a stomach illness is unacceptable.ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Not surprising, this seems to be the trend in most parts of the world. My grandfather had a stroke this summer (he is 91 years old), so he had the unfortunate necessity of spending time in hospital. In third world countries though, you can get better treatment - if you give the dollars to the right people. But not much better. It is only for the short duration of giving the $3 - then they give you a shower. To change the catheter - another $3. To change diapers - well, another $3. Not to mention that the whole place smells of uncleaned urine. Some people don't have even the $3 to give - so then their relatives are pretty much left to die there :( From my experience, and seemingly from yours too, these are not good places to leave sick people in.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    From my experience, and seemingly from yours too, these are not good places to leave sick people in.Agustino

No, no they are not.
    So if you were able to choose, how would you go?
    I am thinking I would try Death by Chocolate!
    (L) @Sir2u (L) @Lone Wolf (L) @Agustino
    Thank you for being here for me~
  • Sir2u
    So if you were able to choose, how would you go?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Death by oversleeping. X-)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.