• Banno
    We're just sitting here, being very quiet, hoping the rest of you go away.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    We're just sitting here, being very quiet, hoping the rest of you go away.Banno
    Your wish is my command my friend.
    We are getting ready to never bother you again.
    I wish you love and security :flower:
  • Sir2u
    Word...Ladybug

Four letter noun starting with w and ending with d, has or in the middle.
    A word made up from letter symbols the is used to signify it self.
  • Ladybug
    Shhh you can't type anything here anymore.
  • Sir2u
    Shhh you can't type anything here anymore.Ladybug

I said that a long time ago.

No one paid any attention to me.
  • Sir2u
    Don't believe that, it could be dangerous.
  • Ladybug
    More than you know.....................................................................................................
  • Sir2u
    ................................................................................................ Ah, but I do know.
  • Ladybug
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sir2u
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Alaways
  • Jack Cummins
    I always consider it to be a bad thing if I am the last person on a thread, especially if it is one of my own. It is as if I may have written gobbledegook or waffle and no one can be bothered to answer or continue on any longer. However, the idea of the last post as a positive thing, as the last word is interesting, with the idea possibly being because people are speechless in awe.

Also, it is often assumed that the threads which are long are successful. However, in some cases, some controversial inflammatory remark is made which provokes endless responses. With short threads it may be that people simply agree. When there is a final post it is hard to know if it is the ultimate word or simply that people have found threads which are more exciting and stimulating.
  • Sir2u
    When there is a final post it is hard to know if it is the ultimate word or simply that people have found threads which are more exciting and stimulating.Jack Cummins

That, I believe, was the original question in the old PF.

It does happen sometimes that someone puts everyone in the thread straight and that is the end of it. But most threads just peter out after multiple repetitions of the same ideas by several posters and a lack of new input to keep it going.
    You also have the threads were there is no answer to any of the ideas being discussed even though everyone believes they are right.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    everyone believes they are right.Sir2u

Ain't that the truth.
    I hope this post finds you doing well dear friend~ :flower:
  • Sir2u
    I hope this post finds you doing well dear friend~ :flower:ArguingWAristotleTiff

I'm still doing OK dear lady. Been keeping mostly in the background for a while, but still trying to keep up with what is happening to everyone.

I hope things are getting better for you.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I'm still doing OK dear lady. Been keeping mostly in the background for a while, but still trying to keep up with what is happening to everyone.Sir2u
    Ditto my friend :flower:

I hope things are getting better for you.Sir2u
    I do appreciate your hopes.
    People who say "it is what it is" really get under my skin.
    I try to always respond with
    "It is what it is, until you make it what you want it."
    F* negativity
  • javi2541997
    Supratrochelar.
  • unenlightened
    Supratrochelar.javi2541997

What a nerve!
  • Sir2u
    Supratrochelar.javi2541997

Please explain your reasoning, under what circumstances, reasons, warped thinking does this qualify as a last word.
  • javi2541997
    What a nerve!unenlightened

Jaja :rofl:

I will be honest, but don't laugh at my stupidity.

I discovered this thread randomly. Well, I was checking the threads posted by Hanover, honestly. I put a bookmark on thinking about posting something. If you go to Wikipedia, you can see an option called 'Random', where the logo of a dice appears. I clicked and then appeared an article about a skull, but it was in Spanish. I switched the page to the English version, and then I read 'supratrochelar' in the picture.

I know I do many weird things...
  • Sir2u
    I know I do many weird things...javi2541997

You have no idea how alike we are then. :wink:

Try this:
    find any topic in Wikipedia, in English.
    In the main article, click on the first link that is not Italic.
    Do the same on the next articles.
    By the time you have reached the seventh or eighth article you should be looking at something to do with philosophy.
    It does not work for everything but it should for about 90%.
  • javi2541997
    find any topic in Wikipedia, in English.Sir2u

Barbastro

In the main article, click on the first link that is not Italic.Sir2u

Aragonese language

By the time you have reached the seventh or eighth article you should be looking at something to do with philosophy.Sir2u

Linguistics

You were right! Jesus! Are you a wizard? Do you know more tricks?
  • Sir2u
    Do you know more tricks?javi2541997

:cry: Nope
  • Lionino

Minoan civilisation > Bronze Age > bronze > alloy > mixture > chemistry >science > scientific method

I really was not expecting this to work. Some sort of alchemy?
  • jgill
    By the time you have reached the seventh or eighth article you should be looking at something to do with philosophy.Sir2u

Two that I am intimately acquainted with went in two steps to the definition of mathematics, as you predict.
  • Moliere
    The true philosopher-kings: the editors of wikipedia!

More seriously I'm not surprised. Philosophy attempts to tie concepts together pretty frequently, and I'd say that a lot of topics of knowledge which are prone to encyclopedic treatment arose out of a philosophical impulse. Such as encyclopedia>American English>Variety (linguistics)>Sociolinguistics>Society>Individual>Entity>Existence :D
  • Lionino
    The true philosopher-kings: the editors of wikipedia!Moliere

I am confident this is what Plato had in mind:

• Moliere

Ahhhh, my people! May the nerds forever be seen.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.