• interim
    It's actually quite simple what's the idea of the text, but, hm... people are quite dumb even for that. What is good and evil? It's the world of duality of course. The "forbidden fruit", was entering this world of duality from the world of oneness (i.e. "heaven"). Duality is a mental world. Hard to know whether there are other mental worlds, I suspect the answer is yes. But if you stand outside it, you can't be "mentally blind", you can be such only after you enter it, and you lack the wisdom to play the game. And all of us entered it like this, since duality means taking one of the sides - black or white, and not understanding balance. Actually - this is the trick, this illusion of polarities. In other mental worlds - it may be that understanding just exists as something consistent. In this mental world - it's broken into seemingly opposing forces.

But your statement, is like saying that someone sucks at particular game he never really played.You can't be "stupid" if you do not exist on that particular mental level. If such concept is difficult for you, imagine blaming an animal, that it's stupid since it doesn't know how to solve differential equations. It doesn't need to... Animals are intelligent on their own level of existence. If an alien came to this planet and see our math, it may look as a joke to it... Everything is relative.

Also, don't forget that Yahweh is a product of the human mind and specific cultural narrative. The "story" is somewhat wrong, since the One didn't blame us for anything. However the choice that was made to enter this particular mental game led to a fall of consciousness. This is our own perspective and actually we blame ourselves. The authors of many books love to elevate their own vision, and present it as something much more then their own opinion. The many texts of the Bible are not much different of course. Yahweh's character is just a projection of those who wrote the books. I'm not claiming they had divine inspiration or not. It's a fact they were humans like all of us, and wrote in the way they feel, not necessary what it is... The better question is - were they right overall about the fall of Adam, and my answer is yes, but this is much, much more complicated topic.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    The better question is - were they right overall about the fall of Adam, and my answer is yes, but this is much, much more complicated topic.interim

Get as complicated as you like. I doubt you will lose me.

If you are correct, tell us why Christians sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

Why should A & E have stayed too stupid to reproduce and with their moral eyes closed?

Were they wrong in not derailing Yahweh's plan?

Would you refrain if you were Adam and screw up the plan?

Regards
    DL
  • Tomseltje
    I E. If we think the road is icy, be it or not, we will likely slow down.Gnostic Christian Bishop

You didn't ask whether knowledge of good and evil was good or evil in this particular situation, you asked it in general. All of a sudden narrowing it down to a specific situation as if the question in general no longer applies strikes me as attempting to argue a changing the goalpost fallacy.
  • Tomseltje
    We act on what we think we know.Gnostic Christian Bishop

What we think we know is not knowledge, it is called belief. Human beings need beliefs in order to act.
  • Outlander
    Eh. Is what you understand to be close and what is far respectively closer and/or further. Morality can be defined. That is a consensus can be reached. But it won't. What pleases me versus what pleases thee. Nothing new really.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.