• Paul
    The main difference between the forums is your punctuation habits would've triggered the automated illiteracy detector there, presenting you with a stark choice to reform or die at the hands of modbot.
  • Amity

Oh, wow !!!! Now that is 'special' :cool:
    The sexy swish of a pick-up master.

Would it tell me what was wrong with my punctuation and how to improve it ?
    Would you?
  • Shawn
    *Wallows sadly*
  • Amity
    Wallows sadly*Wallows

What now, little piggie wiggie?

At least you weren't pricked to death by the punctuation police.
    You could be *Bacon sizzling*.

At least here, the rules seem more simpatico:

General Guidelines:

1) Language matters:

This is an English language forum on an academic topic. Posts should display an acceptable level of English with regard to grammar, punctuation and layout. This goes for both native and non-native speakers (although we're likely to be more sympathetic when judging the writing of the latter).
  • Banno

Ah, Gassendi.

Let's raise a glass for those no longer with us, and then stare into the empty vessel awhile.

In Gassendi's Eulogy, Paul, I argued for explicit rules for the mods. I was wrong. Your site had a balance.
  • Jamal
    The fact that we had hard categories in place organized the clutter a bit better.Wallows

You've said this several times, and each time I've asked you what you meant, but you never explain. As Amity pointed out, we have categories here.
  • Jamal
    Need we say more?Banno

Gone.
  • Baden
    @Banno @Wallows

Yes, well, I suppose we'll have to wait until we get cucked by Porat 2 and the third gen of philosophy forums takes over and doesn't live up to your expectations before you appreciate the golden age that is now.

@Paul

I had read that Gassendi discussion before and remember it being wild and wonderful. And there's plenty more good stuff archived although Porat erased most of my swansong. *Shrugs*

Nah, they’re shit.Michael

Golden shit though? :cry:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Not kosher.Wallows

Maybe not Kosher but absolutely true :blush:
  • S
    The main difference between the forums is your punctuation habits would've triggered the automated illiteracy detector there, presenting you with a stark choice to reform or die at the hands of modbot.Paul

I took the place of the automated illiteracy detector here for a while, and I was frequently triggered, but then I got fired because I was too nice and polite.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.