• Ciceronianus
    I see the tiresome, one-trick pony is gone now. RIP, dear Mystic.
  • Ciceronianus

It seems so, when you check his profile. He seemed to be seeking banishment.
  • fdrake

Yes. Look at the post history. 145 posts of mostly insults and shitposts in one day. We even warned him, he insulted someone afterwards.
  • DingoJones

A troll of the axe grinding variety I suspect.
  • 180 Proof
    ↪Mystic I might even miss you.180 Proof
    :chin: Nope.
  • Banno
    Ho ho ho! Just a sanctimonious keyboard warrior. Champion avoidance of reality!Mystic

Such deep self-realisation.
  • 180 Proof
    Pure projection. :vomit:
  • Baden
    Banned @Iris0 for low quality.
  • Jack Cummins
    Thank goodness. She was extremely determined in expressing her views.
  • Baden

The politest thing I can say is... Fuck it, I give up.
  • DingoJones

Lol, it was a good call. The language barrier helped disguise the lack of philosophical value I think. Even ignoring the grammar and structure the ideas being expressed were wanting, and delivered in an obnoxious evasiveness.
    Don’t give up until you take care of Bartricks. Then you may lay down your sword
  • Foghorn
    The politest thing I can say is... Fuck it, I give up.Baden

The politest thing we could say in response to the demise of a sincere person who was doing their best is nothing.

I can agree that there is a constructive point to the mods explaining what kinds of content aren't going to make the cut here. Maybe there's a point to recording for history that a particular member has been removed. Dubious, but arguable.

Beyond that, this thread where we all say snotty things behind the backs of those who can no longer defend themselves sets a very poor example from the top.

It baffles me that the intelligent people assembled here can't see the irony of looking down our snooty noses at low quality content by others, while we create the lowest quality content thread on the forum.

It's also quite odd that the mod team itself is often one of the primary generators of low quality content.
  • Foghorn
    The language barrier helped disguise the lack of philosophical value I thinkDingoJones

It's interesting that you consider yourself an authority on the subject of philosophical value.
  • DingoJones

You’re a self declared asshole who wears his inconsistency like a badge of honour, who cares what you think of anyone? Or anything?
    You excluded your opinion from consideration when you confessed to purposely acting like a jerk and fucking around.
    The reason why this thread exists is precisely to have a place where the mods can explain bannings and discussions can take place around reasons for doing so. If the comments are insulting or snooty then that is perfectly in line with all the other threads and comments. This is the internet…people talk shit. Thats not a mod trait or a thread trait thats a human trait.
    You’re just making it about the mods and quality of character of posters because you were scolded early on for your own posting quality. That is a particularly petty projection on your part, and obvious.

I didnt make a claim of my authority on philosophical value, you made that up. All I did was make a judgement about someone elses philosophical contributions, which is what we all do here when we engage and what you are doing right now. (Passing judgement on the philosophical value of mod posts)
    Do you know why I didnt call you out for claiming authority on philosophical value even though I could have used the same semantic strawmans you did? Intellectual honesty. Thats the difference between you and I, I’m engaging honestly and you engage in service of your bruised feelings, mental masterbation and ego.
  • Foghorn
    You excluded your opinion from consideration when you confessed to purposely acting like a jerk and fucking around.DingoJones

And what's even worse, is that I'm the only fucking around jerk on the forum!!! Shame, shame, controversy, food fight, M E L O D R A M A!!!!!!

No wait, sorry, I meant philosophy forum.
  • Foghorn
    If the comments are insulting or snooty then that is perfectly in line with all the other threads and comments. This is the internet…people talk shit.DingoJones

We find agreement! Yes, all the other threads contain insulting snooty comments too, often by the mods . Yes, this is the Internet. Not a philosophy forum.
  • Foghorn
    Do you know why I didnt call you out for claiming authority on philosophical value even though I could have used the same semantic strawmans you did? Intellectual honesty.DingoJones

This is hilarious!!!! Thank you so much, I literally just broke out in laughter. I see a big career in stand up comedy in your future...
  • Baden
    The politest thing we could say in response to the demise of a sincere person who was doing their best is nothing.Foghorn
    I don't feel she was necessarily doing her best. She posted too much to be taking much time over her responses imo, didn't listen, and didn't seem to really care about any one's views but her own.
  • Baden
    Mainly though she was banned just because her posts were shit.

Whoops, I did it again. :yikes:
  • DingoJones
    And what's even worse, is that I'm the only fucking around jerk on the forum!!! Shame, shame, controversy, food fight, M E L O D R A M A!!!!!!Foghorn

Exactly as I said:

You’re a self declared asshole who wears his inconsistency like a badge of honour, who cares what you think of anyone? Or anything?DingoJones

We find agreement! Yes, all the other threads contain insulting snooty comments too, often by the mods . Yes, this is the Internet. Not a philosophy forum.Foghorn

Exactly as I said:

Thats the difference between you and I, I’m engaging honestly and you engage in service of your bruised feelings, mental masterbation and ego.DingoJones

This is a philosophy forum is on the internet, and you know that but pretended that you didnt so you could make a dig about this forum. Thats dishonest.

This is hilarious!!!! Thank you so much, I literally just broke out in laughter. I see a big career in stand up comedy in your future...Foghorn

And this little gem wasnt on my list but Ill address it anyway.
    This is an ad hom, you take a cheap shot rather than engage with the specific criticisms I made.

Your response to the criticisms was to immediately display the accuracy of those criticisms.
    Pretty weak, and its kinda sad that I’m funnier not trying to be than you are with your best effort. You’re welcome for the laugh, maybe take some notes.
  • Foghorn
    Mainly though she was banned just because her posts were shit. Whoops, I did it again.Baden

Ok, you have every right to say what you wish, and as a mod do what you wish. This is not being debated.

I'm just trying to help you see what kind of message you are sending to those you are attempting to manage. You're just making your work harder by repeatedly modeling the very behavior you'd like to see less of.

If you don't give a shit about that, well, ok, you have a right to that too. Just saying, in that case don't expect users to give a shit either, which equals....

More work for you.
  • Baden

Yes, we do have a right to make a joke. Feel free to do the same. Even at our expense.
  • Foghorn
    This is an ad hom, you take a cheap shot rather than engage with the specific criticisms I made.DingoJones

I don't take you seriously because you don't take either yourself or this forum seriously. I'm just joining a work in progress, trying to fit in and be one of the gang.
  • Baden
    Banned @Foghorn for refusing to agree to my PMed request to stay on topic on other threads.

Unfortunate overlap with the convo here but he insisted I was a liar and wouldn't cooperate until I admitted it. Probably, he really believed that and there wasn't much point in trying to convince him otherwise.
  • T Clark
    Beyond that, this thread where we all say snotty things behind the backs of those who can no longer defend themselves sets a very poor example from the top.Foghorn

This is something that has always bothered me. If it's important that the person be kicked out in order to maintain the quality of the forum, so be it. Gloating once it's done is stomach-turning. It's especially distressing when it comes from moderators.
  • T Clark
    Unfortunate overlap with the convo here but he insisted I was a liar and wouldn't cooperate until I admitted it. Probably, he really believed that and there wasn't much point in trying to convince him otherwise.Baden

You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • DingoJones

Thats fair. I dont take many things seriously, life is a tragic comedy.
    Anyway, you can not be taking me seriously and still be honest. You aren’t being honest, thats a choice you are making. Even if you just insulted and mocked me that would be preferable to dishonesty. Dishonesty is poison to discourse, you the poisoner.
  • Baden

I'm not in the slightest. It's a simple request that almost no-one argues about and we shouldn't be expected to waste our day on someone who won't go along with it.
  • DingoJones

He had that suicide by mod vibe.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.