• Michael
    A has a value with a probability of 25 % to be chosen, so it's correct. B and C both have both have a value that has a chance of 50 % to be chosen, so they're correct, too. But that would render the chance to be correct overall at 75 % and according to the problem's formulation, none of them would be correct. But if none of them is correct, then the way we arrived at the correctness of the individual values isn't valid, as it doesn't address the problem.Dawnstorm

Good point.
  • Caldwell
    the way we arrived at the correctness of the individual values isn't valid, as it doesn't address the problem.Dawnstorm
    True.
  • noAxioms
    I think you just can't admit that you were wrong.Jeremiah

That is not philosophy, not by a long shot and if that is the standard that passes on these forums, then I have to question if I belong here at all.Jeremiah

Because my arumgent is sound, besides I hate it when everyone sits around agreeing with each other, it is incredibly unproductive.Jeremiah

This popped up this morning:
    https://www.gocomics.com/fminus/2018/05/23

Thought it expressed my takeaway on this topic.
  • Jeremiah

And I am sure that was your only take away.
17891011Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.