• bahman
    Simply put, it is that which is creating.Rich

How something which doesn't have any essence can create? Mind should be something.

Another way to understand it, it is that which is peering through the eyes.Rich

So mind experience as well. Does that decide too?

That is definition of mind in my opinion: The essence of any being with ability to experience, decide and create/act.
  • Rich
    How something which doesn't have any essence can create? Mind should be something.bahman

It has a vibrational essence. Exactly as described by quantum physics.

So mind experience as well. Does that decide too?bahman

Yes, mind has the ability to create direction via will. It chooses the direction.

That is definition of mind in my opinion: The essence of any being with ability to experience, decide and create/act.bahman

That is it. That is precisely it.
  • bahman

And what is the stuff we experience, Qualia? Illusion created by mind?
  • Rich
    They are fundamentally different vibrations that we are experiencing. Each with its own form and intensity that it's embedded in the fabric of the (holographic) universe. In a sense, everything is feeling.
  • bahman
    They are fundamentally different vibrations that we are experiencing. Each with its own form and intensity that it's embedded in the fabric of the (holographic) universe. In a sense, everything is feeling.Rich

There are two fields in nature: (1) Matter and (2) Forces. Are you saying that Qualia is byproduct of force field? There is no other option.
  • Rich
    There are two fields in nature: (1) Matter and (2) Forces.bahman

They are equivalent, just different in vibrations. Remember energy and matter are equivalent. We know this empirically.
  • bahman
    No, they are not equivalent. They can only be converted to each other. We know this by fact, there is an experiencer and a subject of experience.
  • Caldwell
    All particle are interacting with each other and the motion of the whole is given by Schrodinger equation. That one process. Materialists claim that consciousness is the result of process in matter.bahman

Okay, so what do you tell the materialists? How do you resolve it? Tell the materialists that since process is not identical with the particles, then necessarily, by claiming there are particles, they admit to space-time existence. Since they admit to space-time existence, then the world is a manifold. And what do you get in world with parts, with atoms, with which you create a picture of reality? Individuation of consciousness.
  • Rich
    No, they are not equivalent. They can only be converted to each other. We know this by fact, there is an experiencer and a subject of experience.bahman

There are similarities in differences and differences in similarities as there are between vapor and ice. The experiencer and subject are the eyes looking upon the body.
  • bahman
    Okay, so what do you tell the materialists? How do you resolve it? Tell the materialists that since process is not identical with the particles, then necessarily, by claiming there are particles, they admit to space-time existence. Since they admit to space-time existence, then the world is a manifold. And what do you get in world with parts, with atoms, with which you create a picture of reality? Individuation of consciousness.Caldwell

Is the manifold continuous?
  • bahman
    There are similarities in differences and differences in similarities as there are between vapor and ice. The experiencer and subject are the eyes looking upon the body.Rich

So are you saying that force filed is conscious of us too?
  • Rich
    So are you saying that force filed is conscious of us too?bahman

Forces are ultimately consciousness applying will or entangled (e.g. gravity, weak force, etc.) It's not a lot of forces just popping out of no where without any source.
  • bahman
    So what is the source of creation of consciousness? Matter field?
  • Rich
    So what is the source of creation of consciousness? Matter field?bahman

It has to be the Mind, our minds. The Dao De Jing pretty much nailed it.

The Tao begot one. (Mind begins to move)
    One begot two. (Yin/Yang, positive/negative, opposites, a wave form
    Two begot three. (Yin/Yang/Qi, polarity and energy, a moving wave form, mind/will
    And three begot the ten thousand things. (Spiraling, vibrating waves create everything.

The ten thousand things carry yin and embrace yang. (Everything is composed of moving waves)
    They achieve harmony by combining these forces.
  • Caldwell
    Is the manifold continuous?bahman

No. Manifold -- containing different parts. Not one continuous existence. Though the parts may interact, they do not occupy the same space and time...
    Hey, ! How come you're also not using Bergson on this thread? Why don't you explain to Bahman about Bergson's theory on reality or something? You posted several posts and not one mention of this?
  • Rich
    I've mentioned Bergson quite often so I figure if someone is interested they will read him directly, which is the only way to learn and develop one's own metaphysical ontology. What I am describing is mine in which draws from many sources including my own practices as well as my own thoughts.
  • bahman
    The Tao begot one. (Mind begins to move)
    One begot two. (Yin/Yang, positive/negative, opposites, a wave form
    Two begot three. (Yin/Yang/Qi, polarity and energy, a moving wave form, mind/will
    And three begot the ten thousand things. (Spiraling, vibrating waves create everything.

The ten thousand things carry yin and embrace yang. (Everything is composed of moving waves)
    They achieve harmony by combining these forces.
    Rich

What is this?
  • bahman
    No. Manifold -- containing different parts. Not one continuous existence. Though the parts may interact, they do not occupy the same space and time...Caldwell

So the manifold is consciousness?
  • bahman
    I've mentioned Bergson quite often so I figure if someone is interested they will read him directly, which is the only way to learn and develop one's own metaphysical ontology. What I am describing is mine in which draws from many sources including my own practices as well as my own thoughts.Rich

Can I have any reference?
  • Rich
    The story of the beginning from the Dao De Jing.
  • bahman
    The story of the beginning from the Dao De Jing.Rich

Could you please elaborate on that?
  • Rich
    Can I have any reference?bahman

There are free PDF files available for all of Henri Bergson's works, his most famous being Creative Evolution. For a very good explanation just watch Stephen Robbins' videos on YouTube.
  • bahman
    There are free PDF files available for all of Henri Bergson's works, his most famous being Creative Evolution. For a very good explanation just watch Stephen Robbins' videos on YouTube.Rich

Thanks.
  • sime
    The universe is constitute of many parts. There is however one process which describes the evolution of whole since all parts are interacting with each other. This means that there should be a single consciousness if we relate consciousness to motion of parts. Instead we observe that consciousness is personal and local. How do you resolve this problem?bahman

By rejecting the fictitiously imagined "birds-eye" perspective of reality, where one pretends to oneself that one is transcendentally observing reality detached from one's first-person perspective.

Once the meaning of all concepts including the concepts of "matter" and "other minds", are understood as pertaining to empirical criteria of verification in the first-person, the transcendental fiction of seeing the universe in the third-person can be rejected as nonsensical.
  • Rich
    Could you please elaborate on that?bahman

Basically, Mind creates waves (Yin/Yang) and starts moving the waves with energy (Qi) and hence begins creation. Spot on and only 2500 years ago.
  • bahman
    Basically, Mind creates waves (Yin/Yang) and starts moving the waves with energy (Qi) and hence begins creation. Spot on and only 2500 years ago.Rich

So Mind creates waves/minds? And Mind is ocean?
  • Rich
    Yes, mind is an ocean with will/intent. The ocean is actually the holographic field that the mind is creating.
  • Caldwell
    So the manifold is consciousness?bahman

No.
  • bahman
    No.Caldwell

So where do you get the consciousness from?
  • bahman

I am afraid that I cannot understand what you are trying to say. Could you please rephrase it?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment