• Michael
    Again, what does this have to do with anything we're discussing?
  • raza
    What does Bill Browder have to do with anything we're discussing? Are you just losing your mind and spouting out random nonsense?Michael

It is in the history within the article I have linked which you have not read. The story is entwined with the current twists of US, Russia relations.

Links to those relations and Browder are within article. So the article itself links to other sources.

Why rely on another’s narrative of a source?

Might as well stick to buzzfeed if you do that.
  • Michael
    It is in the history within the article I have linked which you have not read.raza

I did.

The story is entwined with the current twists of US, Russia relations.

Links to those relations and Browder are within article. So the article itself links to other sources.
    raza

Again with the nonsense leaps. Are you actually saying that because the Russian lawyer wanted the repeal of the Magnitsky Act which was enacted in response to the testimony of Bill Browder, who you claim is lying (where's your evidence?), then the Trump Tower meeting was entrapment led by the DNC who the Russians didn't actually hack, with the FBI, DHS, and SIC lying to cover it all up?

It would really help if you actually set out your reasoning in nice logical steps rather than spout out conspiracy after conspiracy. You're looking like a crazy person.
  • raza
    Again, what does this have to do with anything we're discussingMichael

It’s always the entire geopolitics. The Trump/Russia conspiracy theory is not in isolation. It involves Crimea, Ukraine, and all those US neocon politicians along with the corrupt financiers such as Browder.

Obama became intimate with Browder’s story. The Magnitsky Act followed.

Trump-Russia-DNC is not in it’s own vacuum. It is a cover piece.
  • raza
    Again with the nonsense leaps. Are you actually saying that because the Russian lawyer wanted the repeal of the Magnitsky Act which was enacted in response to the testimony of Bill Browder, who you claim is lying (where's your evidence?)Michael

Evidence supplied. Browder testimony in link provided.

So that is “where” my evidence is. Right in this thread.

If you don’t want to open it, but claim I provided no evidence, then you are disingenuous.
  • raza
    So you have some study to do.

I doubt you will, however.
  • Rank Amateur
    and in fairness. Our President does a very good job of tossing out accusations as well, and that with the weight of the office of the Presidency of the US behind them.
  • Maw
    Not sure why some of y'all are still wasting your time with Raza when he is literally a pigeon.
  • Rank Amateur
    politics aside, I continue to be fascinated about how different people can view the same thing, and have such passionately different conclusions.

The best example I can remember is the verdict in the OJ trail. Such a sharp divide on that.
  • Benkei
    informative post. Wasted on raza but at least others can benefit.
  • Wayfarer
    You got to remember that for Trump-ets facts don't matter, so argument is pointless.

New title: Everything Trump Touches Dies, Rick Wilson.

No left-winger, Wilson is a lifelong conservative who delivers his withering critique of Trump from the right. A leader of the Never Trump movement, he warns his own party of the political catastrophe that leaves everyone involved with Trump with reputations destroyed and lives in tatters.

Wilson unblinkingly dismantles Trump’s deceptions and the illusions to which his supporters cling, shedding light on the guilty parties who empower and enable Trump in Washington and the news media. He calls out the race-war dead-enders who hitched a ride with Trump, the alt-right basement dwellers who worship him, and the social conservatives who look the other way.

Everything Trump Touches Dies deftly chronicles the tragicomic Trump story from the early campaign days through the shock of election night, to the inconceivable trainwreck of Trump's first year. Wilson provides not only an insightful analysis of the Trump administration, but also an optimistic path forward for the GOP, the conservative movement, and the country.

Combining insider political analysis, blunt truths, and black humor, Everything Trump Touches Dies is perfect for those on either side of the aisle who need a dose of unvarnished reality, a good laugh, a strong cocktail, and a return to sanity in American politics.
  • Audax

I posted this before, but in my drunken state I accidentally deleted it while fixing a quote I attributed to Michael (sorry, I'm new here). Luckily it was still open in Notepad++.

What about George Papadopolous (member of Trump campaign) bragging to an Australian diplomat in a bar that Russia had dirt on Hillary Clinton, then the hacked e-mails were released via Wikileaks, then that Australian diplomat called the FBI?

Do you really think that is not evidence of collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of your response to Michael - Michael stated:

I'm reporting what the various intelligence agencies and investigations have officially confirmed (that Russia hacked the DNC and influenced the election to help Trump)Michael

Your response was:

Without any presentation of evidence.raza

The document I linked you to said:

"We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US
    presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process,
    denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess
    Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump. We
    have high confidence in these judgments.
    "

The evidence they present:

Starting in March 2016, Russian Government–
    linked actors began openly supporting
    President-elect Trump’s candidacy in media
    aimed at English-speaking audiences.
    RT and
    Sputnik—another government-funded outlet
    producing pro-Kremlin radio and online
    content in a variety of languages for
    international audiences—consistently cast
    President-elect Trump as the target of unfair
    coverage from traditional US media outlets
    that they claimed were subservient to a corrupt
    political establishment.

Russian media hailed President-elect Trump’s
    victory as a vindication of Putin’s advocacy of
    global populist movements—the theme of
    Putin’s annual conference for Western
    academics in October 2016—and the latest
    example of Western liberalism’s collapse.

Putin’s chief propagandist Dmitriy Kiselev used
    his flagship weekly newsmagazine program
    this fall to cast President-elect Trump as an
    outsider victimized by a corrupt political
    establishment and faulty democratic election
    process that aimed to prevent his election
    because of his desire to work with Moscow.

Pro-Kremlin proxy Vladimir Zhirinovskiy, leader
    of the nationalist Liberal Democratic Party of
    Russia, proclaimed just before the election that
    if President-elect Trump won, Russia would
    “drink champagne” in anticipation of being
    able to advance its positions on Syria and
    Ukraine.

RT’s coverage of Secretary Clinton throughout the
    US presidential campaign was consistently negative
    and focused on her leaked e-mails and accused her
    of corruption, poor physical and mental health, and
    ties to Islamic extremism. Some Russian officials
    echoed Russian lines for the influence campaign
    that Secretary Clinton’s election could lead to a war
    between the United States and Russia.

In August, Kremlin-linked political analysts
    suggested avenging negative Western reports
    on Putin by airing segments devoted to
    Secretary Clinton’s alleged health problems.

On 6 August, RT published an Englishlanguage
    video called “Julian Assange Special:
    Do WikiLeaks Have the E-mail That’ll Put
    Clinton in Prison?” and an exclusive interview
    with Assange entitled “Clinton and ISIS Funded
    by the Same Money.” RT’s most popular video
    on Secretary Clinton, “How 100% of the
    Clintons’ ‘Charity’ Went to…Themselves,” had
    more than 9 million views on social media
    platforms. RT’s most popular English language
    video about the President-elect, called “Trump
    Will Not Be Permitted To Win,” featured
    Assange and had 2.2 million views.

For more on Russia’s past media efforts—
    including portraying the 2012 US electoral
    process as undemocratic—please see Annex A:
    Russia—Kremlin's TV Seeks To Influence
    Politics, Fuel Discontent in US.
    Russia used trolls as well as RT as part of its
    influence efforts to denigrate Secretary Clinton.
    This effort amplified stories on scandals about
    Secretary Clinton and the role of WikiLeaks in the
    election campaign.

The likely financier of the so-called Internet
    Research Agency of professional trolls located
    in Saint Petersburg is a close Putin ally with ties
    to Russian intelligence.

A journalist who is a leading expert on the
    Internet Research Agency claimed that some
    social media accounts that appear to be tied to
    Russia’s professional trolls—because they
    previously were devoted to supporting Russian
    actions in Ukraine—started to advocate for
    President-elect Trump as early as December
    "

And much, much, MUCH, more (but I won't clog up the forum by pasting in literally 15 more pages of evidence. What I pasted in was only 2 pages).

Raza, do you still maintain that the following quote by Michael:

I'm reporting what the various intelligence agencies and investigations have officially confirmed (that Russia hacked the DNC and influenced the election to help Trump)Michael

Was made:

Without any presentation of evidence.raza
    ?
  • Hanover
    Everything everyone knows about Trump is wrong:

• Baden
    Everything everyone knows about Trump is wrong:Hanover

So, he's not President. Well, that's a relief. :up:
  • Maw
    Election was almost 2 years ago bud
  • Baden

Oh, is it one of those, "Nobody thought he'd win but pussy grabbing is more popular than you think, vids?" Yeah, old news.
  • Maw
    Besides, plenty of conservative pundits didn't think he would win; he, his wife and many members of his campaign team doubted he would win.
  • Maw
    Yeah I mean who would have thought 63 million Americans would be that stupid.
  • Baden

Everything Trump knew about Trump was wrong. And still is.
  • Baden

I get it now. This is Hansover's way of apologizing for his huuuuge mistake in voting for this nut. Aw, cute. :hearts:
  • Audax
    Everything everyone knows about Trump is wrong:Hanover

Hanover, but do you agree, or disagree, with the idea that US intelligence agencies are more reliable than the private sector pollsters?

Because those polls are what had most of us anti-Trumpers laughing (including those TV hosts).

There is a key point to be made here, IMO.
  • Benkei
    It does strike me as suspicious that if the Kremlin had voiced its support for Trump and tries to establish a narrative of a corrupt Clinton and the FBI was aware of clandestine Russian operations, that Comey nevertheless brought up Clinton's emails right before the election. Comey is Republican. Obviously a deep state conspiracy to steal the election from the Democrats.
  • Benkei
    From a European perspective it was only 63 million. That gives you a rough idea what we think of Americans in general. :naughty:
  • Akanthinos

Comey did a lot of mea culpa, mea maxima culpa since he resigned. He explained it, from a prosecutor point of view, since new facts were available which would have mattered in an investigation closed only shortly before, for him, not reopening the case would be against the spirit of his profession.

The one thing that I think strikes out against his regrets is how goddamn identical each of his interviews are on the subject. He seems to have memorized a line from a crisis consultant or something... But that only speaks to his character, not his implication in a conspiracy...

However, he did not need to be part of the conspiracy to be a pawn of it. With a bit of character study, one could supposed it was predictable that he would reopen a case in the event that new relevant information would surface shortly after it was closed. Yes, perhaps the agency's normal policy of leaving the Legislative branch alone might prevail, but on the other hand, that line had already been crossed on both sides. So perhaps all that it took to steal the Presidency was to release part of the hacked data later to be caught only after the first investigation was close, coupled with some bad but predictable choices on Comey's part.
  • Benkei
    You're so gullible. That's what they want you to believe but where's the evidence Comey didn't do this for bad faith reasons? And let's apply your standard to other areas: the suspect of murder can't be guilty because he went out is his way to apologise! Really?!
  • Akanthinos

Do you think it will ever cross Giulianni's mind to do the liberal pundit run and apologize for his many mistakes? No, these guys dont care.

Comey did. He clearly wanted people to stop thinking he had reopened the case for optics only.

In the very vast majority of cases, when a prosecutor receives material which would warrant the reopening of a case, we would want them to act on it rather than not. In this case it was not possible to act without influencing the elections. In a way, thats not so much on Comey as it is on the American political circus which allows both of the runners to campaign while being under federal investigation.
  • Akanthinos
    In regards to your murderer analogy ;

The suspect claims it was accidental, the evidence at least dont contradict his account, and many who have interacted with him have testified that he has showed terrible regrets at the whole event.

Theres at least no reason yet to assume the guy likes to make skin suit out of people.
  • Michael
    It does strike me as suspicious that if the Kremlin had voiced its support for Trump and tries to establish a narrative of a corrupt Clinton and the FBI was aware of clandestine Russian operations, that Comey nevertheless brought up Clinton's emails right before the election. Comey is Republican. Obviously a deep state conspiracy to steal the election from the Democrats.Benkei

Actually, the Cold War was a Deep State conspiracy to set the stage for Russia being the enemy which could then be used to fabricate a hoax implicating Trump in massive wrongdoing and have him removed from office and thrown in Guantanamo.

Putin, of course, being Clinton in drag.
  • S
    Actually, the Cold War was a Deep State conspiracy to set the stage for Russia being the enemy which could then be used to fabricate a hoax implicating Trump in massive wrongdoing and have him removed from office and thrown in Guantanamo.Michael

You have no idea. It stems much further back than that. The real reason why the Russian Empire switched sides during the Seven Years War in 1762 wasn't because Peter III was a Prussophile, but because he was warned by a time traveler from the future that if he did not switch sides, then it would alter the timeline such that Trump would never be born, let alone become President of the USA, and a puppet of a future leader of Russia. Peter III was of course assassinated that same year, by a rival undercover time traveller who supported Clinton, but by then it was too late.
  • Michael
    You're not going back far enough. When the Devil rebelled against God, it was actually Hillary/Obama (they're the same person) rebelling against Trump. Today's "politics" in the U.S. is actually a secret war being waged between heaven (the Republicans) and hell (the Democrats), played out by meat puppets.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.