• 180 Proof
    The world-historical disease (i.e. plague) I diagnose as Classism here https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/543213
    of which, I agree, Smith, DJT (MAGA, QAnon, alt-right, etc) is merely another metastasizing symptom.
  • Wayfarer
    Trump is a symptom!Agent Smith

You wouldn't say that if you were victim of a terminal cancer. The symptoms would be debilitating illness and a painful death. Trump is more like the cancer than a symptom.

In any case, where I came back into this thread was the actual threat of fascism emerging in the US, through the agency of one of the two major political parties, namely, a debased and corrupted Republican Party and it's various media and business boosters. And I made that comment, because of the role of the likes of Tucker Carslon, who is obviously fascist, in boosting the kind of hatred-filled conspiracy-theory garbage that led to the slaughter of ten innocent people in Buffalo, NY, last week. No doubt the next Replacement-Theory, White Supremacist terrorist is already prepping for the next engagement, and Carslon and his ilk will be egging them on.
  • Streetlight
    Those who deny that Trump is a symptom are enablers of the cancer that spawn him. Trump supporters in everything but name.
  • Agent Smith

Well, I understand your views. Sometimes symptomss can be severely discomfiting if you catch my drift, especially if it's pain. Isn't the history of humanity a struggle against Algos and Thanatos (Algos is more terrible of the two. Vide suicide and euthanasia).

However, my worry is this: Nazism hasn't died with Hitler. If he were the disease, we should've been cured of the illness, oui? I'm not a fortune teller but it seems possible that another Hitler is just around the corner in Europe or America.
  • unenlightened
    Death is a symptom of many diseases.
  • NOS4A2
    I have zero faith in the American justice system, but some hoaxers are finally being put through it.

Michael Sussmann: Clinton lawyer 'lied to manipulate FBI over Trump'

Unfortunately the useful idiots that fell for it and promulgated it every chance they could will never learn from their stupidity. Tales like this and others reminds me that Anti-Trumpism and it’s supporters have shaped the world to what it is today—war, inflation, division on a mass scale.
  • Jackson
    Tales like this and others reminds me that Anti-Trumpism and it’s supporters have shaped the world to what it is todayNOS4A2

Trump is a fascist.
  • M777
    Is he still a thing?
  • Jackson
    Is he still a thing?M777

He's still not in prison.
  • M777
    Why should he be? So isn't Hilary or Hunter, but that's yesterday news.
  • Jackson
    Why should he be?M777

Attempted violent coup.
  • M777
    How many people did the violent Trump supporters kills? How many guns and rifles did they bring with them?
  • Jackson
    How many people did the violent Trump supporters kills? How many guns and rifles did they bring with them?M777

FOX talking point. 200 cops seriously injured. Is this funny to you?
  • M777
    One could reply with "oh, that's just a CNN talking point." :joke:
  • Jackson
    One could reply with "oh, that's just a CNN talking point."M777

If CNN reported that Trump insurrectionists seriously injured 200 cops, then yes.
  • M777
    A FOX talking point would be why the democrats, that inspired BLM riots, aren't in jail?
  • Jackson
    A FOX talking point would be why the democrats, that inspired BLM riots, aren't in jail?M777

Stay on topic.
  • NOS4A2

The COVID pandemic proved who the fascists were, and it wasn’t Trump. Now they have all the power they need.
  • Jackson
    The COVID pandemic proved who the fascists were, and it wasn’t Trump. Now they have all the power they need.NOS4A2

ok
  • M777
    Looking at the issue from a philosophical perspective, I'd say that most people swallow hook, line and sinker of a narrative they are given and are completely unable to critically evaluate whether the facts support it. Be it about Trump, covid, climate change or whatever lunacy would come next.
  • Jackson
    Looking at the issue from a psychological point of view, I'd say that most people swallow hook, line and sinker of a narrative they are given and are completely unable to critically evaluate whether the facts support it. Be it about Trump, covid, climate change or whatever lunacy would come next.M777

Well, I am much smarter than you, I guess.
  • NOS4A2

People should not be prosecuted, jailed or impeached for the sounds that come out of their mouths. But, as that era has proven, the bar has already been set.
  • Jackson
    People should not be prosecuted, jailed or impeached for the sounds that come out of their mouths. But, as that era has proven, the bar has already been set.NOS4A2

Do we jail people for burping?
  • M777
    If people are basically organizing or calling for a riot, why not?
    I mean the problem with righties is that they want to be friends, while the lefties want to win.
  • NOS4A2

Because words do not cause any such crimes
  • M777
    If a politician says that cops are just running around murdering innocent people, some imbecile believes it, shoots a few cops... shouldn't the politician be held equally responsible? I think he certainly should.
  • NOS4A2

Do you go out and kill cops if a politician says such things?
  • M777
    I don't, but there always are stupid people, who do.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.