• frank
    Print money>>buy oil>>magic energy tree! But how to make sure the plebs don't get their fair share? = American politics in a nutshell.Baden

I need my fair share of the virtual pie!

The ability to create imaginary wealth is the key to our extreme technological dynamism. In a world without abstract currency we'd stagnate (probably).
  • ssu
    Trump benefitted from the fact that America has the best system money can buy, and he did so from both sides of that corrupt reality. He bought politicians, and publicly bragged about it on national television in front of some of those who he had previously bought, in their presence no less. That happened during the public debate during the primary season of the election

The fact that were no objections to that was astonishing to me at the time.
    creativesoul

In a Trump-thread, good that you brought this up from the election between Hillary Clinton and Trump.

Trump was a great demagogue and a showman that knew what to say to certain crowd that felt disenfranchised. The vast majority of Americans really don't like the corrupt system that is made now legal and that gives power to the rich and corporations through lobbyists and the "revolving-door". Trump just told what they knew already: the whole thing is rigged for the rich. Americans both in the left and in the right simply hate this, but naturally the bi-partisan effort from the two ruling parties is to make Americans hate each other, hate the citizens supporting the other political side. That's the way I guess how to get people to vote for a system they don't like.

We no longer have a government that places the best interests of the overwhelming majority of Americans at the top of the priority list when making policy decisions. We legalized government bribery in the seventies by changing how it is described, in the guise of characterizing unlimited campaign contributions by very rich individuals as an exercise in an individual's first amendment rights to "free speech". Now there are all sorts of counterarguments that outright reject that argument and do so convincingly, but this is not he place or time. I digress, the SCOTUS set the precedent for legalized bribery to manifest with that decision. Then, president Nixon placed the attorney who argued that case on the court itself. A few years later the court then expanded the ability to bribe elected officials to include a corporation's ability, because corporations are people too. Then, of course, Citizen's United not that long ago...

The current American government is tremendously corrupt, and that is well known and out in the open.
    creativesoul
    This is why I think you are headed for the American equivalent of "the Time of Troubles".

If 2022 goes without any major things happening, you might sigh in relief, becayse if you think that you have already seen how ugly it will get, you will be in for a surprise...
  • ssu
    Print money>>buy oil>>magic energy tree! But how to make sure the plebs don't get their fair share? = American politics in a nutshell.Baden
    Indeed. The real question is how long it will last.
  • Baden

As long as the US and the Saudi Royal mafia remain best buds, I guess.
  • NOS4A2

Pure contextomy. He’s not insistent on anything to do with the military, and you pretended that he insisted Trump should get the military to seize voting machines. You furtively left out what exactly it was he was insistent about (appointing a special counsel and investigating the machines and elections) in favor of pretending his hypotheticals were some form of advice to Trump. But the hosts questions clearly distinguish between what Flynn thinks Trump should do and what he could do. You took from the “could” pile and pretended it belonged on the “should” pile. Even now you can’t even post the whole interview!! Utter lies.
  • unenlightened
    Shamelessly stealing this from EnPassant in the climate thread. Not even new, but illuminates this ahem,"discussion". "Catabolic capitalism" - a really useful concept, hurl it at your interlocutor.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/02/15/can-we-exit-this-road-to-ruin
  • Paine
    I am not sure about all the fancy theories regarding political theater versus why the people on the stage are put there.
    But the problem of who has a vote or does not has been a problem that keeps showing up with all the other problems.
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
  • ssu
    As long as the US and the Saudi Royal mafia remain best buds, I guess.Baden

Yeah.

Well, that relationship of yours has successfully passed through 9/11, so I guess it will last a long time...

Even if the US isn't so dependent on Saudi oil as before, I guess it will remain.

After all, even Trump was on loyal friend of the Saudi regime.
  • ssu
    Pure contextomy.NOS4A2

Oh the words don't mean what they mean?

Try to wiggle out of it, troll, try!
  • NOS4A2

Your furtive attempts to further a conspiracy theory in a country that is not your own is the going rate, ssu. Get in line.
  • NOS4A2
    Leader of Oath Keepers and 10 Other Individuals Indicted in Federal Court for Seditious Conspiracy and Other Offenses Related to U.S. Capitol Breach

These are the first sedition-related charges in the capitol riot. Apparently one of the defendants is actually on Tucker Carlson right now, which is stupid if you care to beat the charges.
  • frank
    How could they beat the charges?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube