• T Clark
    What's the evolutionary benefit?MikeL

A population of organisms that has greater genetic diversity is more able to change genetically in response to environmental changes better.
  • MikeL
    I look forward to talking more tomorrow T Clark, but before I go, if it's just living, why bother with all the meiosis and sex organs and gestation and child raring. Why not just be, and then be gone from existence? Its an awful lot of fuss over nothing.
  • MikeL
    is more able to change genetically in response to environmental changes better.T Clark

But why bother?
  • T Clark
    I look forward to talking more tomorrow T Clark, but before I go, if it's just living, why bother with all the meiosis and sex organs and gestation and child raring. Why not just be, and then be gone from existence? Its an awful lot of fuss over nothing.MikeL

It's just the way we're built, whoever or whatever built us.
  • MikeL
    You're not invoking a sentience I hope T Clark. Talk to you later.
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.