• The outlaw Josey Wales
    Just wondering if anyone knows whatever happened to wuliheron. I remember when I first joined the old PF he was posting a lot and has not logged in since 2013.
  • Wosret

Wasn't he the one that wrote a book on "ignorant wisdom" or something like that? Some Socratic irony thing, then came excitedly promoting it for a bit, and then stopped coming. I assume that he's too busy signing books now.
  • Paul
    Wuli was Mr. "existence is demonstrably paradoxical". If you've read one of his posts, frankly I think you've read them all. As far as I know he just drifted away the way most people do, he was most active around 2005 or so.
  • Mayor of Simpleton

Kind of like me, eh Paul?

I'm also a 'one trick pony'. ;)

I could invite him too. He is from Virginia, where I originated and we did have a good connection.

Meow!

GREG
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Who's this Saphsin guy? I don't recall him from the old PF.Wosret

I think I've had about 20 PM exchanges with Saphsin.

Nice guy! :D

He's one of my invites.

Also and Anime freak! ;)

Meow!

GREG
  • Jamal
    He was a grumpy old bastard as I recall. Woe betide the person who disagreed with anything he said.
  • 180 Proof
    just wanna say that you folks are amazing! our village washed away in a flood and overnight it's been rebuilt on higher ground (or on a huge raft of flotsam & jetsam à la neurath's boat). X-)
  • Jamal
    Great to see you found your way over here!
  • Benkei
    I wonder if every PF member here also stops posting at PF but if they do, I also wonder whether Porat calculated that effect in when he decided to buy PF. Well, here's to 2 competing fora and that they both may prosper. I will stick to this one due to limited time although I'd probably visit PF for the wonderful archive it is.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Xyzjoel wasn't mentioned.Hanover

I just sent him an invite. (xzJoel to be exact)

I think he's a bit busy with work and new family.

He was the first person in PF to have corrected my ranting. I'm forever in his debt.

Meow!

GREG
  • Benkei
    Does anybody have contact with Kwalish Kid? I saw him on a forum but they're not letting me in because my e-mail address doesn't have an internet history and I even exchanged personalised e-mails with them. Weird. But happy I'm difficult to google just based on my e-mail address. :D

It was at the International Skeptics Forum.
  • Mayor of Simpleton

I did send him info of the new website via a PM in PF. I'm not too sure if he gets those anymore, but I indicated it was from me. I always had a good rapport with him.

Meow!

GREG
  • discoii
    What about swstephe?
  • fdrake
    Reporting in. Despite lurking most of the time it's nice to be here.
  • Jamal
    Good to see you here fdrake!
  • Saphsin
    I think I've had about 20 PM exchanges with Saphsin.

Nice guy! :D

He's one of my invites.

Also and Anime freak! ;)

Meow!

GREG
    Mayor of Simpleton

I think he had an issue seeing my username or something? Or he's just saying that to tease me. I've been talking to him for the past 2 years or so. <.<
  • aequilibrium
    I'll only post at the old place if I see someone has posted something very interesting and then I'll ask if they are interested in continuing the convo here.
  • ssu
    I wonder if every PF member here also stops posting at PF but if they do, I also wonder whether Porat calculated that effect in when he decided to buy PF. Well, here's to 2 competing fora and that they both may prosper. I will stick to this one due to limited time although I'd probably visit PF for the wonderful archive it is.Benkei
    Why should they all stop? If the old site doesn't go down... or you don't fall victim to identity theft or whatever? I assume that the tolerance that Paul showed in PF when he was in charge is something that will (not should, but will) continue especially on this site.

So after taking the cautions given about the passwords, then answering to mayor of simpletons call, I don't that not stopping participation in the old PF makes me unwelcome here or somehow "not part of the true PF". If it does, then this isn't the site for philosophy and exchange of open ideas. Besides, quoting is far more easy here. It really works well. But as you said, all the wonderful archives are there.

I have to say that what really moved me in the old site was when Paul decided not to just simply ban people, but created the "Unmod" section. And that banned people could and were reinstated. That was a sign of true toleration fit for a philosophy forum. Because in the basically little world of individual Internet sites, sometimes the admins start to be little Hitler's ruling their own small Reich.
  • Baden
    I think you're reading too much into Benkei's comment. Everyone is welcome here regardless of where else they post. What we care about here is the quality of input. Everything else is irrelevant.
  • discoii
    I actually prefer smaller sites with active members. It allows for more things we can do, like knowing where people stand and what techniques they use while discussing.
  • Agustino
    Hey guys! This new forum seems great! I might stop posting on the original PF for now, and keep all new things posted here, unless I find something interesting from time to time there! :) Thanks for this new opportunity guys, and looking forward to keep talking with you!
  • Jamal
    Great to see you here 'stino. You've written some great posts already.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    ↪Agustino Great to see you here 'stino. You've written some great posts already.jamalrob

Agreed!

... and it's stuff I'm not scared to death to respond to with one of my senseless rants. :D

Glad you're here dude!

Meow!

GREG
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    ssu, I believe we are welcome at both tables of 'thinkers' without judgment. (L)
    Back in the MSN days, my home base was "Philosophy And Absurdity" but as you can imagine, not all 'thinkers' called that home base, a bunch of other folks called "Philosophy 4 Everyone" home base.

PnA and P4E, respectively, were as different as they could possibly be under the umbrella of Philosophy. Many of us were members of both sites and were able to post without malicious intent. Others had their respected allegiance and contributed in only one.

Over time, a friendly rivalry was born, like football teams often have with other teams. At times we debated ideas together in what would be PF's shoutbox, other times we debated alone but the times that brought us together as one, was in time of loss. It's a reality that crosses all man made sites, that the person on the other end of the keyboard can eventually mean something to us and just when we thought we had it all neatly compartmentalized, humanity sets in and we are drawn together without recognition of sides, teams or loyalties.

Tiffers
  • Jamal
    Has anyone invited Brainglitche, formerly Brainpharte?
  • Agustino
    Thanks for your warm welcome @Mayor of Simpleton @Baden @jamalrob ! :)
  • m-theoryrules
    wow...great work site looks great
    congrats jamalrob
  • Jamal
    Thanks m, and welcome.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url