• pfirefry
    Hello! I'm new here. Here is my dumb newbie question. Can forum members edit their own comments?

I was searching for a way to edit the comments that I posted, but I could only see the 'reply' and 'share' buttons. I also searched for previous questions about how to edit messages, but to my surprise I didn't find anything. Is it one of the temporary newbie restrictions?

I was just writing a comment in a separate thread and I accidentally posted it unfinished. Luckily, it was 98% done, and only the last sentence was incomplete. That comment has gone to moderation, and now I'm unable to access or edit it for some time.

I don't mind moderation. What worries me is that I won't be able to edit my unfinished post after (and if) it gets approved. I also don't have permission to message people directly, hence this post. :grin:

(FWIW the mods are doing incredible job reviewing all newbie messages, given the number of people who join the forum on a daily basis. All of my comments have been approved very promptly so far. Kudos to the mods! :clap: )
  • pfirefry
    Update: this seems to be a newbie restriction, which goes away after posting 5 times. Now I can edit my comments, yay!
  • Book273
    Welcome to the forum!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube