• Hillary
    This was meant for Vincent...
    — Hillary

It's not my fault that you also have a bad aim to add to your dodgy intentions.
    universeness

All part of the cos play you perform. Well, being a troll makes you see trolls everywhere. I get it now. Calling me a troll before you can be called one. Ingenious!
  • Vincent
    But 1 branch (our earth) remained alive. Our earth was the branch that was in the best position to receive the most light in the large Amazon forest … … but a rose always remains susceptible to diseases and pests …. many brown spots (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, meteorite impacts, ice ages,… ..) But our rose bush did not give up…Vincent

the whole living age for man
  • Vincent
    The rose bush starts making a flower bud (humanity was born) (the moment when all the misery started)…. but the rose continues to suffer from brown spots (wars, slavery, diseases,Vincent

The moment that distinguishes humanity from the animal kingdom.
  • Hillary
    It is time to leave humanity behind and mutate into a being that is one across the planet.Vincent

Yes! And technology will help us in reaching transhuman status!
  • Vincent
    What will happen soon …… .. soon the flower bud is fully grown…. and soon the flower bud is going to open … .. but as everyone knows … it takes a few days before the rose is completely open …. it will take a while before everything falls into the fold …Vincent

WW3
  • Vincent
    Yes! And technology will help us in reaching transhuman status!Hillary

Indeed :up:
  • universeness
    Ray Kurzweil has an eerily accurate track record of technological predictions. His prediction for the first general intelligence is 2028, the first super intelligence around 2050 and the singularity around 2080. And I'm inclined to believe him as I was surprised by Watson and alpha GOArmChairPhilosopher

Well, I hope you are correct and I am wrong. Around 2080 eh, I am 57 so that would make me 115.
    I hope you can survive till then. I am pretty sure, I'm f*****, but if I am still here and it's all happening as you suggest then I will nip back onto this thread to tell you YOU WERE CORRECT or I will just connect to you transhuman to transhuman and in a contrived Mr Spock voice, I will "confirm the accuracy of your prediction."
  • universeness
    Ingenious!Hillary

Well, you haven't set the bar very high so far have you?
    I am not surprised you don't understand the term ingenious either.
  • universeness
    Then where came that spark from?Hillary

I don't care, it has no significance, it's a mindless spark.
  • Vincent
    People stop fighting each other. We are on the eve of WW3. Instead of testing each other, wouldn't it be better to look for a solution?
  • ArmChairPhilosopher
    I am 57 so that would make me 115.
    I hope you can survive till then. I am pretty sure, I'm f*****,
    universeness

I'm 59 but ancestors from both parents sides have reached about 100 in a time when the average life expectancy was half of what it's now. So I expect to live to about 200.
  • universeness
    People stop fighting each other. We are on the eve of WW3. Instead of testing each other, wouldn't it be better to look for a solution?Vincent

:rofl: Dont worry, WW3 remains highly unlikely due to M.A.D.
    If a full or significant nuclear exchange happens then the resultant climate change will make us extinct so there will be no WW4. Life on Earth probably will survive but not human or transhuman life.
  • universeness
    So I expect to live to about 200ArmChairPhilosopher

:smile: You lucky sod!
  • Hillary
    Well, you haven't set the bar very high so far have you?universeness

Well, this is a philosophy forum, not a computer science one. I could talk about Bloch spheres but that wouldn't be very enlightening for the philosophical discussion.
  • universeness
    Well, this is a philosophy forum, not a computer science one. I could talk about Bloch spheres but that wouldn't be very enlightening for the philosophical discussionHillary

Yeah, I think we have exchanged many times before! :naughty:
  • Vincent
    If a full or significant nuclear exchange happens then the resultant climate change will make us extinct so there will be no WW4. Life on Earth probably will survive but not human or transhuman life.universeness
    Yes we survive that. I mean humanity, probably not an individual like you or me. Pretend you believe it and think further.
  • Hillary
    People stop fighting each other. We are on the eve of WW3. Instead of testing each other, wouldn't it be better to look for a solution?Vincent

Ha! Already here WW3 is immanent! Word War10.
  • Hillary
    Yeah, I think we have exchanged many times before!universeness

I think so too! :naughty:
  • Vincent
    Ha! Already here WW3 is immanent! Word War 10Hillary

:brow:
  • universeness

:naughty: Ninja quark!
  • universeness
    Pretend you believe it and think further.Vincent

Why would I pretend to believe something?
    If I did that then I could hardly accuse anyone else of pretense!
    I assume your first language is not English and this may be why I misunderstand some of your points.
    Lost in translation is a common issue.
  • Hillary

Pleased to meet you, hoped you guessed my name! :naughty:
  • Vincent
    No my language is not english. (google translate) But I think I mean what I'm saying.
    Pretend you believe in god. That's how I discovered it too. But to pretend you have to have a bit of a psychotic mind. Don't get it wrong. I'm not a psychopath or anything. But proving the existence of god is a complex matter and requires a separate way of thinking.
  • Vincent
    lol. Do you have a twitter account?
  • universeness
    Pleased to meet you, hoped you guessed my nameHillary

Remember this one:

• Hillary
    Yeah! Great song! "That's not my name!" What's in a name! "They call me Feynmann, they call me Feynman, they call me names..." "You're surely joking Richard!" By the way, I know what my writer's name gonna be! Thanks to you! "The Dark Solution" by Ninja Quark!
  • Hillary
    Do you have a twitter account?Vincent

More than one!
  • universeness
    No my language is not english. (google translate) But I think I mean what I'm saying.
    Pretend you believe in god. That's how I discovered it too. But to pretend you have to have a bit of a psychotic mind. Don't get it wrong. I'm not a psychopath or anything. But proving the existence of god is a complex matter and requires a separate way of thinking
    Vincent

I was reading your entries in your own post titled worldpeace.
    I very much agree with your political comments regarding 'no currency' and no ownership ( at least I would disallow private ownership of land). Global economic parity or at least a situation where no human alive has to struggle for their basic needs, their education or their medical care from cradle to grave is a very honorable and necessary goal for our species to have.
    We just need the majority of the population of the planet to demand this from the tiny minority who are currently in control. If they won't comply then we WILL most likely have to make them or go extinct trying.
  • Hillary

A reasonable future view! Let's hope Putin and the west dont go MAD. Jezus, that guy Putin sounds like he actually wanna use nukes!
  • Hillary

@universeness and me already have had the pleasure of meeting. We have a MAD relation! Without the D!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.